Final payment due time

coscab

Hoping someone knows for sure if final payment date for Princess booking is 11:59 on date of final payment and what time zone the 11:59 would be if that is the time.  Thanks in advance

Agree with others. Please make your FP at least a few days ahead.  Anything can happen with computer systems.  This is PCL we’re talking about. 🥴

I would say their computers are set on PT at 1159pm.  Airline systems are sometimes set on the time zone in which the area code is based.  But, don’t believe PCL is that sophisticated.

If you have a TA/CVP they can tell you when the booking will be cancelled, for non payment.  Or call PCL if you booked it directly.

• Like 1

Thank you all for your replies.  Long story why I need to wait til last minute, too long to post here, I usually pay a few days before final is due.  Thanks again, I can't find anything on the website but I'm thinking it is PT, not sure I can trust the people at Princess to know for sure.

They are always doing updates on these cruise line sites at night. For me that's eastern time, which means if they the doing it a 11:59 you will be out of luck to make a payment.You will be on hold longer than a minute if you wanted to do it over the phone so that won't work either. But if you like to live dangerously knock yourself out. Let us know how it turns out.

36 minutes ago, coscab said:

Thank you all for your replies.  Long story why I need to wait til last minute, too long to post here, I usually pay a few days before final is due.  Thanks again, I can't find anything on the website but I'm thinking it is PT, not sure I can trust the people at Princess to know for sure.

The people at Princess are on a different time zone than the US.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, cbfb said:

Does Princess email a reminder/invoice that final payment is due? We used our TA but my son booked direct with princess. 

1 minute ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Nope! It's on you to make that payment. 

yes - both multiple email and a regular mail in our case at 30 days

• Like 2

6 hours ago, cbfb said:

Does Princess email a reminder/invoice that final payment is due? We used our TA but my son booked direct with princess. 

I got an email 2 weeks before final payment, and another 1 week before.  I paid 5 days before.

Thank you for the responses. I am sure an email can get lost or forgotten to be sent by princess so I will be a mom and monitor the situation! 🤣🤣

1 hour ago, Treasure Hunter said:

In 35 Princess cruises I have never received a reminder. Unless you have a TA that’s on top of things I would write it in your date book or calendar. 

maybe y'all, all y'all, that haven't been getting notices should check your settings about how you receive notifications - you may have even missed a move over or move down notification email, huh?

Posted (edited)
On 8/12/2024 at 11:41 AM, coscab said:

Hoping someone knows for sure if final payment date for Princess booking is 11:59 on date of final payment and what time zone the 11:59 would be if that is the time.  Thanks in advance

Not knowing how you booked your cruise, I would just call the 800 number for Princess and ask them. Once you get a hold of somebody ask if they can email you a confirmation of the time zone for final payment, that way you have it in writing with your booking number and any other pertinent information. And if they won’t do that, then I think you’ll figure out what to do .

Are you planning on paying online for your final payment? It doesn’t sound like you have a travel agent or a Princess vacation planner? Either way it doesn’t seem to be advertised what time zone final payment cut off date is. Final payment date,yes - it is on your travel summary.
I personally would never go by what somebody is telling you on cruise critic- you need to get to the bottom of your situation with Princess, so that you can make an informed decision for yourself. Doesn’t matter what other cruise passengers do if they make final payment at the time of booking, 2 to 3 weeks before, one day before, etc. that doesn’t help your situation.

Edited by arizonaperson

2 hours ago, arizonaperson said:

Not knowing how you booked your cruise, I would just call the 800 number for Princess and ask them. Once you get a hold of somebody ask if they can email you a confirmation of the time zone for final payment, that way you have it in writing with your booking number and any other pertinent information. And if they won’t do that, then I think you’ll figure out what to do .

Are you planning on paying online for your final payment? It doesn’t sound like you have a travel agent or a Princess vacation planner? Either way it doesn’t seem to be advertised what time zone final payment cut off date is. Final payment date,yes - it is on your travel summary.
I personally would never go by what somebody is telling you on cruise critic- you need to get to the bottom of your situation with Princess, so that you can make an informed decision for yourself. Doesn’t matter what other cruise passengers do if they make final payment at the time of booking, 2 to 3 weeks before, one day before, etc. that doesn’t help your situation.

Thank you, I am hoping to have most of the afternoon and evening to pay so time zone may not mattter, but. would be nice to know the actual cut off

6 minutes ago, coscab said:

Thank you, I am hoping to have most of the afternoon and evening to pay so time zone may not mattter, but. would be nice to know the actual cut off

very mysterious indeed ...

large cash coming to you to deposit first?

credit card timing?

will you post the reason at some point???   I'm actually enjoying following this 🤑

• Like 1