The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday August 13th, 2024

richwmn

I’ve so enjoyed the Seattle stories!  Thanks @USN59-79 @57redbird @Cruising-along   PS you needed my DGM, lol!   It has got so much busier in the fifty years I’ve been visiting.  My aunt has lived in many interesting places there.  A beautiful area. 

Just checking back in to say DH joined the fall club, enough you guys!  Backwards off a ladder but luckily just missed the bottom step.   My heart was in my mouth as he tumbled glasses flying!  Bubble wrap please, thankfully he seems ok.   That’s three falls on the daily so no more!   I would rather we just drank wine together! 

@kochleffel glad you wen to urgent care, but that’s nuts about the pharmacy! 

@kazu thanks for the kind wishes!  I’ll see the endodontist tomorrow but they’ve warned me I’ll likely need an implant or bridge.   Sigh!  I think you had one?  Hope it went well!  I can’t believe all the showings, how wonderful!  

@Quartzsite Cruiser there is a baby .dachshund in our area,  she is so sweet.  We first met her at 12 weeks,  her name is Lisa! 

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, tupper10 said:

@JazzyV I don't want to butt in but have you considered that one of your medications could be causing dizziness/vertigo. I was having awful muscle aches and went to so many doctors for it and then my DH said to stop my crestor to see if they went away - I had been on it for years with no issues.  I stopped and the muscle aches all disappeared. He then said to restart it after 2 weeks and see what happens - they came right back after a week - so it was not arthritis, not anything else - just the drug. So many drugs now cause side effects that now that is the first thing I consider when something 'new happens'.  BTW my DH. is a retired doctor.  

No problem at all; I appreciate the input. I had reviewed my meds and they have been pretty consistent. One I've slowly decreased back to its dose before the nerve pain. And my new RA med was started after the vertigo began.

13 minutes ago, bennybear said:

Just checking back in to say DH joined the fall club, enough you guys!  Backwards off a ladder but luckily just missed the bottom step.   My heart was in my mouth as he tumbled glasses flying!  Bubble wrap please, thankfully he seems ok.   That’s three falls on the daily so no more!   I would rather we just drank wine together! 

Oh my on DH's fall! I'm glad he was at the bottom step and that he seems ok.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Thank you all so much for the birthday wishes for DH.  We've been busy all day getting house chores done (I like to leave things neat and clean), plus the packing and trying to figure out what size luggage to take.  Then I had to catch up on the Daily!  In the morning we're being picked up at 7 a.m. for a ride to the airport, so since my laptop will be packed I won't be providing the link for the port of the day.  If one of the early posters wants to look for it, the date was Sept. 14, 2023 and that is the only time we've had tomorrow's port.  9-14-2023 is on page 145 and hopefully that will make it easy to find.  I can check in on the Daily goings on when we are settled in at our gate.  We're getting there an hour earlier than originally planned because our driver has a doctor appointment and needs to be back in town for that.  I'm looking forward to seeing DS, DDIL and Ren but not to the high temps there in the Dallas area.  DS says their AC went out overnight and he's waiting for maintenance to show up to repair it.  It's a necessity with 100 degree days!!

So let me personally thank Terry @smitty34877, Denise @Denise T, Ann @cat shepard, Melanie @puppycanducruise, Debbie @dfish, Eva @superoma, Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser, Annie @marshhawk, Joy @Seasick Sailor, @Mr. Boston, Gerry @ger_77, Elizabeth @Haljo1935, Jacqui @kazu, Carolyn @Cruising-along, Brenda @bennybear, and Vanessa @JazzyV for your well wishes for Dennis.  This is in addition to the early birds I thanked earlier today.  You are all fantastic!  Sorry @Mr. Boston I don't know your first name and couldn't add it to my thank you list!

Thanks to everyone who posted their wonderful Seattle photos today.  Also for the suggestion of the tour after disembarking and the transfer to the airport.  We may need that.  We also have the 28 day Alaska cruise booked for 2025 so will be joining Carolyn @Cruising-along, Edi @NextOne, Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser and possibly Karen @durangoscots if all goes as planned.

Jacqui, I'm very sorry to hear you've been dizzy for a while and had that fall.  Good luck with all the showings and I hope one results in the perfect offer!  7 showings in one day is great news.

Annie, wow on the tree limb in Penny's pool!  I hope it's not as bad as feared for them. The Good Ship Murder sounds really interesting!  That's too bad that Chuck couldn't get his immunotherapy due to swelling.  I hope he can get the PET scan on 9-4 and the immunotherapy finally done on 9-9.

Paul, I'm glad to hear you got to Urgent Care after waking up with a fever today.  But what in the world is with the pharmacy, making you come back to show identity, and then pick up later.  Very inconvenient for a sick person!  I hope you're feeling much better very soon though.

Jack, That's such a shame that your DSIL fell and broke her ankle.  I hope she is able to have surgery soon and recovers quickly.

Joy, It's very sad about your neighbor's poor cat being run over.  I'm sure they are devastated about it.  Great to hear the water softener is repaired now, free of charge of course.

Elizabeth, The MSC private island looks very nice.  Docking is so much more convenient too.  Disney has a dock at Castaway Cay which is great for families with small children.  Tendering would be a nightmare for some people.  My goodness, that's a big price to pay for one day of internet for a second device, but business is business!

Sharon, you're welcome for the link.  Glad it helps people out.  The photos were great!

Dixie, very good news your surgery is done and a success!

Jack, what an interesting story about living in Seattle in the early days.  Aren't you glad you heard these stories from your grandmother?  Such a treasure!

Vanessa, sorry to hear the vertigo is still such a problem. Good luck getting an answer on what the cause is.  I hope you and BFF can enjoy some touring on your cruise.  Which day in September does it start?

Charlene, that's ridiculous they told you the tour was accessible and then failed to come through with one.  I'm glad at least one of you got to go but I sure understand you stewing about it all day.  They definitely owe you refunds, and if they were good business owners would refund your tour too. 

Time to relax for a bit.  Happy hour, a light dinner, hand wash the dishes and some TV or reading.  Talk to you tomorrow! 

Sandi, some how I missed that you had booked the summer solistice cruise in 2025.  We need a Daily Mert and Greet.

53 minutes ago, bennybear said:

I’ve so enjoyed the Seattle stories!  Thanks @USN59-79 @57redbird @Cruising-along   PS you needed my DGM, lol!   It has got so much busier in the fifty years I’ve been visiting.  My aunt has lived in many interesting places there.  A beautiful area. 

@kochleffel glad you wen to urgent care, but that’s nuts about the pharmacy! 

@kazu thanks for the kind wishes!  I’ll see the endodontist tomorrow but they’ve warned me I’ll likely need an implant or bridge.   Sigh!  I think you had one?  Hope it went well!  I can’t believe all the showings, how wonderful!  

@Quartzsite Cruiser there is a baby .dachshund in our area,  she is so sweet.  We first met her at 12 weeks,  her name is Lisa! 

Brenda, I'm glad your DH was not hurt.  Since they can do root canals through crowns, maybe they can out a crown on the tooth.  However, implants are not so bad.  I've had one for 20 years, amd I'm in the process of getting two more.  That was the more expensive but preferable option.  It takes a bit longer since the bone needs to heal atound the implant before the crown is added.  Dachshunds are the clowns of the dog world, and the puppies are so cute.

Lenda

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Visiting the pharmacy twice wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It took two associates quite a lot of fiddling with the computer to get the insurance settings right, but then they told me that, if I wanted to wait, the prescriptions could be ready in 15 minutes. I asked them to tell the pharmacist that I was waiting, but I was actually going to duck out to Aldi and return.

I'll need to determine tomorrow whether I can go to Cooperstown (Glimmerglass Festival) this weekend.

• Like 17

As seen from my balcony, here's the lighthouse at sunset 

20240813_201022.thumb.jpg.ce70a3e4059885211be1530e3baec2dc.jpg

and here it as at the end of the light show.

20240813_210548.thumb.jpg.4157dce67268b4f9051b3fc29e811f70.jpg

Big miss on MSC - the Daily Program makes no mention of the Lighthouse Lightshow. I was aware of it from here on CC and found the times through an internet search.

All Aboard is 11:30pm (we're here overnight); shows are at 9 & 10pm. One can even sit on the beach to watch - what a lovely way to spend an evening. It was fabulous from my balcony - music 🎶 🎵 and all.

So sorry @bennybear about DH fall - glad he is ok.

@kochleffel glad to hear you got your meds and hope they do their job quickly and effectively. 

Night 🌙 everyone.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, bennybear said:

@Quartzsite Cruiser thanks for the encouragement, so nice we have such a wealth of knowledge here.  

Glad I could help.  My other option was a bridge whichnis less expensive, but after hearing DH complain for years about food getting under his bridge, it didn't appeal to me.  I don't want to scare you, but since extracting the tooth and putting the implant in is surgery, your mouth will be sore for several days depending on what they have to do.  In the end, it's like having a regular tooth.

Lenda

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Glad I could help.  My other option was a bridge whichnis less expensive, but after hearing DH complain for years about food getting under his bridge, it didn't appeal to me.  I don't want to scare you, but since extracting the tooth and putting the implant in is surgery, your mouth will be sore for several days depending on what they have to do.  In the end, it's like having a regular tooth.

Lenda

Sometimes they do both.  The VA is responsible for authorizing and paying for my dental work.  Recently had some dental surgery where they pulled two teeth and an attached one between them, did some work on the bone under them.  The plan is to do a temporary bridge for a few months and then follow up with implants.  I asked the dentist why not just do the implants and he said this is the VA's preferred method.

Ray

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, USN59-79 said:

Sometimes they do both.  The VA is responsible for authorizing and paying for my dental work.  Recently had some dental surgery where they pulled two teeth and an attached one between them, did some work on the bone under them.  The plan is to do a temporary bridge for a few months and then follow up with implants.  I asked the dentist why not just do the implants and he said this is the VA's preferred method.

Ray

I've been lucky that both dentists were able to put the implant in at the same time the teeth were pulled.  This time he wasn't sure he could do that until he got started.  That saved one trip to the dentist, but not any money.  Next week,  they'll do the impressions followed by putting the post in the implant and adding the crown.  Twenty years ago the oral surgeon did the extraction and put the implant in the bone.  This time my regular dentist is doing everything.

Lenda

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

I was born and raised in Bellingham, the family moved to CA when I was 14 (1965).  , Seattle (West Seattle) for just a few months, up and down the West Coast etc.

What area of Bellingham were you in? DH was born there, graduated from BHS in 1965 and my DB moved there in 1954 to go to Western. He ended up owning I.V. Wilson Florist. And I was born in West Seattle, right at the junction but the hospital was moved years ago. Small world.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Thank you Debbie.  I hope you and DH enjoyed your visit with family after the Zuiderdam cruise.  Hoping for good service from Delta tomorrow to make up for July 20!

Best wishes for a nice holiday Sandi.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1