Pinnacle/zeniths ?

39august

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, little britain said:

My friend on apex last week also confirmed full access and she certainly wouldn’t go anywhere she wasn’t allowed. 

There is a special code for suite guests ONLY to get into the upper deck with their cards.

Every entrances to the upper deck has a reading machine.

I just came back from Apex 3 weeks ago.

Wonder there is one install for Michael's Club entrance ?

Edited by verizon

Posted (edited)

When the changes to the Captain’s Club/Crown & Anchor society were announced, my first thought was that there was going to be an issue allowing Pinnacle access to The Retreat lounge. I am probably going to get

beaten up for what I am about to say.  There should be no crossover between Pinnacles and Zenith. Have the benefits transfer up to Elite+ and Diamond+. The top cruisers (Zenith and Pinnacle) on each line should only have those privileges on the line they earned them on. In other words, a Zenith on X is not automatically a Pinnacle on Royal and vice verse. 

Edited by Straughn
  • Like 13

2 minutes ago, Straughn said:

When the changes to the Captain’s Club/Crown & Anchor society were announced, my first thought was that there was going to be an issue allowing Pinnacle access to The Retreat lounge. I am probably going to get

beaten up for what I am about to say.  There should be no crossover between Pinnacles and Zenith. Have the benefits transfer up to Elite+ and Diamond+. The top cruisers (Zenith and Pinnacle) on each line should only have those privileges on the line they earned them on. In other words, a Zenith on X is not automatically a Pinnacle on Royal and vice verse. 

Agreed..

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Straughn said:

There should be no crossover between Pinnacles and Zenith. Have the benefits transfer up to Elite+ and Diamond+. The top cruisers (Zenith and Pinnacle) on each line should only have those privileges on the line they earned them on. In other words, a Zenith on X is not automatically a Pinnacle on Royal and vice verse. 

Well prior to the realignment that's pretty much how it was with D,D+, and P reciprocal with E, and visa vera.  In your scenario they would have only adjusted with D+ / E+ reciprocity as the only change and as the P/Z ceiling.

Not challenging, but I'm not sure what difference it would have made.  From all I've heard, access to the individual lounges is on a sailing by sailing basis based on numbers booked, which at least with RCCL, is pretty much how it has always been.  P only has lounge access based on space available on RCCL ships.  I think that's the same with Celebrity. 

I guess the argument now is there will be less lounge opportunity for either based on the reciprocity with both.  So restrict that benefit to alleviate that, but you can still have the reciprocity for the other benefits.  Just like E+ is restricted on RCCL from the D+ specialty restaurant BOGO perk.  JMO

Edited by leaveitallbehind

3 hours ago, verizon said:

Wonder there is one install for Michael's Club entrance

On M/S Class Michael's Club/Retreat Lounge are muster stations so they can't be locked at any time.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

Maybe they didn't understand the privilege.  On E class ships once you are in the lounge (key card access) there is nothing preventing you from accessing the Retreat sundeck other than you understanding the benefit.   Zenith are not extended the privilege of use of the Sundeck, only the lounge.

On the Ascent you can not get from the Lounge to the Sundeck unless you are in a Suite the Zenith card opens the door to the Lounge but not the door from the Lounge to the Sundeck.   I think the Beyond is the similar.

On 8/13/2024 at 6:20 PM, 39august said:

Can any new Pinnacle/Zeniths been allowed in the Retreat Lounge/Michael's Club yet and what ship, please?

On a recent Eclipse sailing, Pinnacles did have access to the suite lounge (Michael’s Club). The concierge said he received an email from shore side each week with a list of Pinnacles and if lounge access was allowed. I assume it’s based on numbers on each particular sailing. 

6 hours ago, verizon said:

Wonder there is one install for Michael's Club entrance ?

On every S-class ship we have sailed on, your keycard was needed to get into Michael's Club/Retreat Lounge. 

This is not the case on the M-Class ships.  Those doors are unlocked.

3 hours ago, Straughn said:

There should be no crossover between Pinnacles and Zenith. Have the benefits transfer up to Elite+ and Diamond+. The top cruisers (Zenith and Pinnacle) on each line should only have those privileges on the line they earned them on.

I agree 100% but unfortunately that ship has sailed and what's have been done will now be very difficult to undo no how much we may want it. 

First time I am unable to find a seat in the Retreat Lounge/Michael's club as a Retreat guest and Status Match Zenith's are being allowed in is when I loudly call foul and don't care who it upsets or makes angry. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

On M/S Class Michael's Club/Retreat Lounge are muster stations so they can't be locked at any time.

We've always had to use our keycard .. it was unlocked and the door propped open in the past when it was our muster station but once underway our card was needed to open the door. 

6 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

Maybe they didn't understand the privilege.  On E class ships once you are in the lounge (key card access) there is nothing preventing you from accessing the Retreat sundeck other than you understanding the benefit.   Zenith are not extended the privilege of use of the Sundeck, only the lounge.

The Zenith card does not usually open the door to go to the Retreat sundeck, only the door to the lounge. On one sailing, the door opened up each time we passed by it, but on other sailings it did not work to open the door to go up the stairs to the sundeck. Don't worry, on the one sailing where the door opened, we did not use the sundeck as we were not in a suite and knew it was not one of our benefits.

1 hour ago, DaKahuna said:

On every S-class ship we have sailed on, your keycard was needed to get into Michael's Club/Retreat Lounge. 

This is not the case on the M-Class ships.  Those doors are unlocked.

I wonder if that's only for the 'revo' S class ships?  When we were on Reflection in late '22, there was no key card access to Michael's. 

2 minutes ago, canderson said:

I wonder if that's only for the 'revo' S class ships?  When we were on Reflection in late '22, there was no key card access to Michael's. 

There wasn’t a key card for Equinox in November of ‘23. A bit surprised there wasn’t, honestly. 

No Solstice nor Millenium class ship that I have sailed on required seapass cards to be scanned to enter...just open the door and walk in. Have they replaced the doors on every ship and made them like on the Beyond??? Or are they changing the doors as each ship goes to dry dock?

7 hours ago, Straughn said:

That ship has sailed

3 hours ago, canderson said:

Silhouette does not require a key card to enter Retreat

• Like 2

3 hours ago, markeb said:

There wasn’t a key card for Equinox in November of ‘23. A bit surprised there wasn’t, honestly. 

I believe this is because it is a muster station and they need to maintain easy access to all in case of emergency

• Like 1

The danger is what has happened to airline lounges - overcrowding. What used to be a pleasant experience while at the airport has descended into lines to get in, limited time inside and only certain times (generally only departure)

I don't care about the other benefits that don't take up physical space in The Retreat. Special breakfasts, cocktail hours in a private room - all great.

"How many Pinnacles can there be ?" or "its a limited amount of pax" is usually underestimated. It also starts the "how come those Ps got in and not us?", "I got in last time, so I should get in this cruise!"

The space available part is just going to upset those Ps that can't get in  Something that started out as a plus for them will just be an annoyance. 

• Like 1

Currently on silhouette, there are 24 total zeniths, 20 3K-Z and 4P-Z

rven on the night when the officers came for their meet and greet there was seating in the Retreat lounge.  Other nights there have never been more than 20 guests there, according to the Concierge

On 8/13/2024 at 11:49 PM, chemmo said:

On our last experience on RC (Oasis) the suite lounge was full of elderly Pinnacles who camped out. I am elderly myself but have never camped out in one space on a ship. Many of them spending a big chunk of the day there….It was the only time I have ever seen an atmosphere in a lounge between suite guests and higher tier level guests. Some suite guests were coming into the lounge and finding that there were simply no seats and were (perhaps understandably) complaining to the concierge. Three pinnacles were ‘guarding’ six seats despite the intervention of the concierge. Never seen anything like this on Celebrity but there again Zeniths don’t make an effort to stand out, I wouldn’t usually have an idea in a Celebrity lounge who were suite and who were Zenith’s. Not so in our experience on RC…

I think Celebrity’s idea of deciding pre cruise is sensible. As people on other threads have said, the Retreat lounge is often quiet and extra guests don’t matter but it is at least then protected from an overload…

If Pinnacles are not allowed in and Celebrity know it perhaps they will set up an alternative venue/part venue a few times a cruise? It could be a reasonable compromise to set up something similar to what used to be the Elite event in the Sky Lounge…

We are D+ and E+ and never likely to make top tier on either so no axe to grind…A difficult decision to make for Celebrity…Reward the loyal customers by allowing access or protect those who have booked a suite room…Hopefully, they will find an acceptable compromise.

Looking forward to seeing responses. Our next cruise is on Reflection. On our last cruise on this ship Michael’s Club was far more busy than we had ever seen before. We assume because there are so many more suites. It didn’t spoil our enjoyment of the lounge but certainly some nights it could not have taken any more guests and drinks service was slower. The only criticism we would make is that on this cruise the concierge staff were far less ‘personal’. No time to ask guests how their cruise was going etc, they just constantly had queues…Hopefully as they make their decisions they will take into account factors such as number of suites.

I was happy to see that Royal has now placed a cap on the number of Pins allowed in the suite lounge “during cocktail hour”. Only the Pins with the highest cruise point total is allowed in if there are a large number of Pins on board. Notifications are sent out letting them know if they are or are not allowed in. We’re on an upcoming TA and we made sure to book a full suite to have access to both the suite lounge during cocktail hour and Coastal Kitchen. 

16 hours ago, Straughn said:

I agree with you 100%. IMHO the only thing reason that Jason Liberty and crew made this change was to try and move some of the long time Royal cruisers to X and alleviate the over crowding on Royal with top cruisers. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Cruising89143 said:

I was happy to see that Royal has now placed a cap on the number of Pins allowed in the suite lounge “during cocktail hour”. Only the Pins with the highest cruise point total is allowed in if there are a large number of Pins on board. Notifications are sent out letting them know if they are or are not allowed in. We’re on an upcoming TA and we made sure to book a full suite to have access to both the suite lounge during cocktail hour and Coastal Kitchen. 

Why send out Notifications.Isn't it easier to set up a rule for those with 1400 points to allow in the Lounge.If 1400 points is too low they can set it to 2800 points.

I don't think any one have problem with that as they have been so Loyal to the company.

This rule can also applied to Celebrity if 3000 points get over crowded in the lounge.

We all know Suite guests pay a lot more on the sailing.

Edited by verizon