Luminae ?

11 minutes ago, Oville said:

Have you dined in Luminae?

Did you read their post?

6 hours ago, QuestionEverything said:

I have not been in the Retreat or Luminae, my observations are only from CC.

6 hours ago, tbo said:

Do you know if the same applies to Blu on E class ships? We are going on Beyond in a sky suite and looking at the menus Blu has rack of lamb on the 2nd night, hubby would love to have that. I know that we can request to dine there, but may not get in. Would we be able to order from Blu?

My recommendation would be to inform the Luminae Maitre'd the first night that he would like he Lamb from Blu on the 2nd night and I am confident that they will make it happen. 

In the recent Q&A with the President of Celebrity Cruises, she stated in response to one of the questions that diners in Luminae should be able to order food from Blu or the MDR(s) but it was not clear if she meant same day or with advance notice.  I recommend erroring on the safe side and request it the day before. 

• Like 1

I like Luminae for the intimate dining space (S &M classes) but haven’t been too impressed with Luminae on E class. But I would never discourage anyone from trying it out for themselves. Tastes vary and so do experiences from cruise to cruise and in some cases day to day. I would tell anyone who asked my opinion to take the opinions of others (mine included) with a grain of salt…especially in ‘review’ form. 

That said, OP, my DH rather enjoys the Luminae burger and I have asked for this atop a Caesar salad, sans bun and it’s wonderful. 

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Guindalf said:

With respect, the information on CC is often inaccurate, so to base your own reviews on them is ridiculous, wrong and just plain dangerous. You are giving other people's opinions as your own, which is foolish, so stop it now!

As for the OP, you can order from any (free) menu, but on Edge class ships, the MDR galley is at the other end of the ship, so it is not available on same night. You can request it for the following evening and they will try to accomodate you.

So you are saying that all the CC posters that do review of information from CC and then present their findings and analysis on CC are "giving other people's opinions as your (their) own"?

Is that correct?

5 hours ago, QuestionEverything said:

So you are saying that all the CC posters that do review of information from CC and then present their findings and analysis on CC are "giving other people's opinions as your (their) own"?

Is that correct?

I think what we are all saying is that people who have a beef or complaint are more likely to verbalise it. Those who are happy are less likely to say anything.

I have always heard that you'll tell one person if you've had a good experience, and you'll yell to a hundred if the experience was bad. THAT is what fuels Cruise Critic. Plus the fact that "Critic" is in the name. I certainly don't come on here and say, "everything was wonderful, we had no complaints." But I will moan and b**** if I had a miserable time. And in our 30+ cruises on Celebrity, there has only been one cruise that came close to being miserable. And yes, I moaned a LOT. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

We board Apex tomorrow, and I'll post what happens with my menu tweaking.  Last time on Apex (December) I was able to order same day from any menu, but they did say the food might take a while and not be hot.  It wasn't long and reasonably hot.   The only effect I really noticed was that the "grilled cheese" croutons in the tomato soup from Blu were a bit soggy.

• Like 1

We will be going on the Beyond next year.  We be in a Royal Suite.

How can we get menus from the various menus before the cruise or shortly after we board.  This would help us plan better.

=========

23 minutes ago, mark46 said:

How can we get menus from the various menus before the cruise or shortly after we board.  This would help us plan better.

=========

The Celebrity App will have that a few weeks before you board.  We board the Beyond on 2 Nov and I can see them for that cruise.

2 hours ago, Andy_P said:

The Celebrity App will have that a few weeks before you board.  We board the Beyond on 2 Nov and I can see them for that cruise.

Keep in mind that the app actually reflects the current cruise until just before.  So if you're doing one that repeats every cruise, it's likely accurate, unless they change something. However, if it's shorter, you might see venue closed, or if it's longer it might be different.  

• Like 1

On 8/14/2024 at 1:39 PM, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Luminae has a Cobb salad with grilled chicken breast on the lunch menu. Depends on what menu they are featuring when you board.

My husband will be happy that I’m eating the Cobb salad instead of the lobster roll.  😭

@Cruisegirl6 I didn’t notice for breakfast but at dinner we tended to be in the same section but not the same table.

They will prepare special things if possible and with enough advance notice.  That’s how I got the banana split.  I was joking about it and it showed up the next evening.  My big mouth got me in trouble again.  I’m lucky I wasn’t thrown off the ship.  😂

On the same sailing I saw the Luminae staff go around the ship getting food to please another (demanding) pax at our table.  Please don’t do that.

3 minutes ago, zitsky said:

My husband will be happy that I’m eating the Cobb salad instead of the lobster roll.  😭

Get the Cobb salad with the lobster roll filling on it.  That way you can both be happy.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Get the Cobb salad with the lobster roll filling on it.  That way you can both be happy.

Thanks!  I often order a Cobb salad at a place called CHOPT here in Raleigh.  They mix it up for you.  It’s a fast casual place.  So I was surprised when I ordered one at a nice restaurant and it came deconstructed.  Is that normal?  I thought maybe someone in the kitchen was too tired to mix it.

13 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Thanks!  I often order a Cobb salad at a place called CHOPT here in Raleigh.  They mix it up for you.  It’s a fast casual place.  So I was surprised when I ordered one at a nice restaurant and it came deconstructed.  Is that normal?  I thought maybe someone in the kitchen was too tired to mix it.

Our experience here in SE Texas has been that they mostly serve it deconstructed. I'm not sure why, and I should ask at our regular places, unless it's so you can see the actual ingredients and let the customer choose how to cut it how they like it (just speculation).   

19 hours ago, mark46 said:

=========

Look at the current sailing on the App for your ship..

20 hours ago, mark46 said:

=========

Specialty restaurants normally have same menu every night and they will be free for royal suites and above . 

On 8/14/2024 at 9:22 AM, Cruisegirl6 said:

We are soon going on the Beyond in an aqua class sky suite.  I realize there is lunch in Luminae on boarding day, but the menu is very lacking.  Question, are we able to order something like a greek salad with a chicken breast?  Do they offer items that are not on the set menu?

If we go to lunch in the retreat, will that be our table for dinner for the remaining of the cruise?

How does the assignment of dinner in Luminae configured, are tables pre assigned to us?   We booked this cruise two weeks ago and only was able to get 6pm dining, am I correct to think that I am able to show up anytime such as 7:30pm for dinner?

Has anybody requested anything special off the menu for dinner in Luminae, if so, what did you request?  

Thank you.

I looked at my app for my Beyond Cruise on 1 June 2025 and here is what Luminae shows for boarding day lunch:

APPETIZERS:

Borscht Soup

Prawn Ceviche

Kale Salad

ENTREES

Creamy Lobster Roll

New York Steak and Fries

Seared Branzino

Butternut Squash Farfalle

Cobb Salad

Luminae Signature Burger

DESERTS

Creamy Dark Chocolate and Dulce de Leche

Apple Berry Crumble

Menu looks pretty nice to me.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ScottC4746 said:

I looked at my app for my Beyond Cruise on 1 June 2025 and here is what Luminae shows for boarding day lunch:

APPETIZERS:

Borscht Soup

Prawn Ceviche

Kale Salad

ENTREES

Creamy Lobster Roll

New York Steak and Fries

Seared Branzino

Butternut Squash Farfalle

Cobb Salad

Luminae Signature Burger

DESERTS

Creamy Dark Chocolate and Dulce de Leche

Apple Berry Crumble

Menu looks pretty nice to me.

Maybe if I have a salad my partner will let me eat the apple crumble???

4 hours ago, zitsky said:

Deconstructed where I order it up here.

9 hours ago, zitsky said:

So I was surprised when I ordered one at a nice restaurant and it came deconstructed.  Is that normal?  I thought maybe someone in the kitchen was too tired to mix it.

Yes, that is how it is served.  You get the please of mixing it yourself and potentially spilling some of it as you do so like I always seem to do. 

4 minutes ago, RichYak said:

You make him sound more like a master than a partner 😂

He’s pretty bossy.  He tells me things like “don’t eat at McDonald’s every day”.  As if that’s bad for you.  Everyone knows that eating vegetables causes cancer.  😂