Setting Up Dining Times For Anytime Dining

buffet man

In the past I was always able to select a dining time for anytime dining. Just tried but it would not allow me to make any selections.

Cruise is not until Feb. 2025, Is that to far away for system to allow any selections?

41 minutes ago, buffet man said:

In the past I was always able to select a dining time for anytime dining. Just tried but it would not allow me to make any selections.

Cruise is not until Feb. 2025, Is that to far away for system to allow any selections?

Not to far out. What ship?

Posted (edited)

Apparently  it depends on each ship. Already a few threads abt this. 

We had no luck with APEX..they switched us to 6 pm ..we dine earlier than that!

We did get a set res for Silhouette.. we'll see what happens at the door to MDR.

Edited by hcat

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, buffet man said:

Equinox

What's your exact sail date?  I did a few mock bookings for February 2025. All depends on the sail date which of the three options are available. Already booked. 

Another option is when you first board the ship go to the MDR that is taking requests. Tell that person what your preference is and see if they will accommodate your request. 

Edited by doghog

10 minutes ago, gold1953 said:

I have been refused a booked time even when on board and told that all the allowed bookings were gone leaving the remaining seating for walk ins

I am not a complainer typically,  but if I booked early or late dining and didn’t get it, I’d be headed right to guest services or depending on time of day the head waiter or whomever I could get higher than that.  Then I’d politely discuss it, understanding that sometimes solutions take time, flexibility and creativity.  I have known Celebrity to typically bend over backward to ensure you are happy.

• Like 1

I’m confused.  New to Celebrity.  If it’s “anytime dining,” why do I need to pick a time in advance?  We will be on a port intensive Northbound Alaskan cruise and we definitely have no idea what dinner time would make any sense for us.  We had expected it to be like NCL anytime, and we just walk up to MDR when we are hungry.  Is that not the case?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MississippiMom said:

I’m confused.  New to Celebrity.  If it’s “anytime dining,” why do I need to pick a time in advance?  We will be on a port intensive Northbound Alaskan cruise and we definitely have no idea what dinner time would make any sense for us.  We had expected it to be like NCL anytime, and we just walk up to MDR when we are hungry.  Is that not the case?

You can - just know that there may be a wait.

Many people who do Anytime/Select do so because they want a time in between the 2 fixed times - and/or they prefer the pretty much guarantee of a private table.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, gold1953 said:

I have been refused a booked time even when on board and told that all the allowed bookings were gone leaving the remaining seating for walk ins

To clarify, you had an assigned dining time and they refused to seat you at the assigned time when you showed up?

Buffet Man if I’m understanding you correctly, you have anytime dining and are trying to make a reservation for a certain time. If I’m correct, I’m having the same problem for a January sailing.  We are a family of 3 and once I select the time I want I get a message saying there are too many in my party to  accommodate  us. I get that message for any night or time I select.  I have no trouble making speciality dining reservations.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, cruisetonowhere10 said:

I am not a complainer typically,  but if I booked early or late dining and didn’t get it, I’d be headed right to guest services or depending on time of day the head waiter or whomever I could get higher than that.  Then I’d politely discuss it, understanding that sometimes solutions take time, flexibility and creativity.  I have known Celebrity to typically bend over backward to ensure you are happy.

Please clarify:

If by "booked" you mean "requested and confirmed by X" it is most unlikely to happen. We always take a printed copy of the confirmation "just in case".

If by booked you mean "requested but not confirmed by X" you have nothing to complain about. However I have witnessed several people complaining to the Check In Staff in just those circumstances.

10 hours ago, BM64 said:

Buffet Man if I’m understanding you correctly, you have anytime dining and are trying to make a reservation for a certain time. If I’m correct, I’m having the same problem for a January sailing.  We are a family of 3 and once I select the time I want I get a message saying there are too many in my party to  accommodate  us. I get that message for any night or time I select.  I have no trouble making speciality dining reservations.

sounds like all spots for reserved times are booked and you need to  walk in when you want to dine

13 hours ago, MississippiMom said:

You can do exactly that.

However, just as with any restaurant, if you arrive at a busy time you may have to wait in which case you will probably be offered a buzzer/pager so you can wait in a bar/lounge etc. Many passengers choose their dining times to match the shows in the theatre: Go to the early show and eat after or eat early and go to the late show.

We prefer the latter and book dinner for 6.30 which gives a relaxed dining experience (always at a sharing table) finishing by 8.30. Theatre shows generally at 7 and 9 pm.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, the penguins said:

Please clarify:

If by "booked" you mean "requested and confirmed by X" it is most unlikely to happen. We always take a printed copy of the confirmation "just in case".

If by booked you mean "requested but not confirmed by X" you have nothing to complain about. However I have witnessed several people complaining to the Check In Staff in just those circumstances.

I take it as requested and confirmed when booking. When you book and select your choice.

15 hours ago, MississippiMom said:

I book anytime dining because I want to show up when I am ready.  I don’t mind a wait as the dining room is always close to a lounge.  I don’t think they should allow any set dining times for anytime dining.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, riredsox said:

I book anytime dining because I want to show up when I am ready.  I don’t mind a wait as the dining room is always close to a lounge.  I don’t think they should allow any set dining times for anytime dining.  

This is EXACTLY why we wanted anytime dining on this particular cruise.  First, how “off” will our meal times feel in Alaska, when we live in the U.S. Central time zone?  How exhausted will we be from our port excursions?  Will we need a short nap before dinner?  A shower?  Will we have eaten at a port restaurant, but might like a little extra at the MDR, shortly before closing?

We wait for a table at our local restaurants, so we won’t mind waiting for a table on a cruise ship.  Nearby lounges are a bonus.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, the penguins said:

In which case you will have no issues.

Agreed.  Maybe I misunderstood the initial comment that someone made when they said they were refused a booked time. I took it as you selected early or late dining and upon arrival were refused a table.  Probably misunderstood what they meant.

2 minutes ago, cruisetonowhere10 said:

Agreed.  Maybe I misunderstood the initial comment that someone made when they said they were refused a booked time. I took it as you selected early or late dining and upon arrival were refused a table.  Probably misunderstood what they meant.

Easily done especially when X uses the same words for different things. On S class I have seen lots  passengers turn up at the Check in Desk on Deck 4 when they should have been on Deck 3.

46 minutes ago, riredsox said:

You can do exactly that,

Others choose to pre book and that’s OK to. 

No need for “one size fits all”.
Choice is good.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, riredsox said:

That was the idea when Any Time/Select Dining was first introduced. Due the popularity Celebrity started allowing making reservations. 

I disagree as I like the idea of making a reservations for AT/SD.