Live: Harmony of the Seas Western Caribbean Aug 25

Funny story: When I woke this morning, I asked DD what she had eaten last night as there was a food plate in the room. She said it wasn’t hers. When DS woke, I asked him. He looked at me like I was crazy and said “that’s the pizza you brought back. You woke me up to eat it.” OK then. It was a fun night!

• Haha 26

1 hour ago, mikayla73 said:

Does that menu say the "large plates" are in the $15 and up range?

I wouldn't be very happy if I actually paid $15 for a roll and only got 4 pieces.

There are other things on the menu that cost quite a bit and are the full sized. Just sushi is cut for the sit down lunch or dinner.

I often get soup and 2 poke bowls, put together. Each poke bowl is $18 x 2 would be $36. I like her appetizers too. If I prepay for lunch just the poke bowls and I got more than I paid for sit down lunch. 

If I do izumi sushi side for dinner its bogo as a D+ so half price. So I'm happy with the portions but I quit ordering sushi. I like the sushi I get at home better. The poki bowl is my fscorktr but I like raw fish.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

This afternoon I experienced my first real frustration. I mentioned a few times about being ignored when trying to get drinks (aside from Boot and Bonnet this ship is hands down the hardest one to actually acquire a drink). This afternoon I went up to the Solarium bar and stood at the bar to order. It certainly wasn’t packed, and with 3 bartenders there should have been a system whereby they know who is next. I literally stood there for 10 minutes without being acknowledged while each bartender served others just walking up after me. I didn’t stress, it was only 10 minutes and I figured they would get to me. After another 10 minutes and my making eye contact and waving my card, still nothing. An older gentleman sitting at the bar next to me actually called over the bartender and told him I had been waiting a long time and should be helped next (thank you, sir). The bartender acknowledged it, finished up the drink he was making and then went on to serve someone else that had been way after me. I walked away in disgust. As I mentioned, I tip cash every drink - not because I want better service or stronger drinks, but because I feel these people deserve it. On this ship, I’m not feeling that at all. The pub is another story- the service there is fantastic and I will continue to tip there. The other places…nope. Sorry. 

I finally got my beer (probably the fastest drink to grab) at the pool bar!

IMG_4803.jpeg

I'm the same way, until I had someone at an establishment tell me: fold my tip in half,  hold my card and the tip together and wave that. They will see the green. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Funny story: When I woke this morning, I asked DD what she had eaten last night as there was a food plate in the room. She said it wasn’t hers. When DS woke, I asked him. He looked at me like I was crazy and said “that’s the pizza you brought back. You woke me up to eat it.” OK then. It was a fun night!

💀 that sounds like something I would do. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

54 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

This afternoon I experienced my first real frustration. I mentioned a few times about being ignored when trying to get drinks (aside from Boot and Bonnet this ship is hands down the hardest one to actually acquire a drink). This afternoon I went up to the Solarium bar and stood at the bar to order. It certainly wasn’t packed, and with 3 bartenders there should have been a system whereby they know who is next. I literally stood there for 10 minutes without being acknowledged while each bartender served others just walking up after me. I didn’t stress, it was only 10 minutes and I figured they would get to me. After another 10 minutes and my making eye contact and waving my card, still nothing. An older gentleman sitting at the bar next to me actually called over the bartender and told him I had been waiting a long time and should be helped next (thank you, sir). The bartender acknowledged it, finished up the drink he was making and then went on to serve someone else that had been way after me. I walked away in disgust. As I mentioned, I tip cash every drink - not because I want better service or stronger drinks, but because I feel these people deserve it. On this ship, I’m not feeling that at all. The pub is another story- the service there is fantastic and I will continue to tip there. The other places…nope. Sorry. 

IMG_4803.jpeg

That's crazy, especially if they acknowledged you. 

15 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

What should I do for dinner tonight? It’s Country night (hello silver cowboy boots) and we have no plans. It’s Italian in the dining room and nothing jumped out. I feel like there are still places I haven’t found. Suggestions?

You found the freebees. 

Cafe Promenade

Jonny Rockets

Solarium

How about The Dog House. 🤪 

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Ok you really need to drink more……

water!  Memory lapses are a strong signal!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

IMG_4803.jpeg

What the heck is wrong with them!!   That is so rude how they ignored you.

Or they thought you were intoxicated and didn't need another drink.  I've seen that happen to some.

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So sorry, that is not acceptable. On the Mariner this  past May, we found it better to sit in a lounge and when we found a good waiter wandering around, tipped him a few extra bucks and he always came back to check on us,

Spent the afternoon doing low-key stuff. Came close to winning Harry Potter trivia, played some card games, hung out. Decided on Windjammer for dinner - I got the Indian food (the saag was to die for but the lamb way too salty. DS got a burger and some pasta. No pictures…sorry!

After eating we did stand by for The Fine Line and got in. The show was…different. Once again, solid 10/10 for talent - these performers knocked it out of the park. I mean, who does this stuff on a cruise ship???? I admit to not really understanding the show - lots of stomping and splashing and impressive flips and things, but no clue what was happening. There was also so much going on that I wasn’t sure where to look and did miss some stuff as I was watching other stuff! Regardless, wow! That was one crazy show - my anxiety was off the charts!

IMG_4870.jpeg

IMG_4871.jpeg

IMG_4873.jpeg

IMG_4876.jpeg

IMG_4877.jpeg

IMG_4884.jpeg

IMG_4885.jpeg

IMG_4886.jpeg

IMG_4888.jpeg

IMG_4889.jpeg

IMG_4893.jpeg

IMG_4901.jpeg

IMG_4902.jpeg

• Like 15

That's a good suggestion. I never have to wait very long if I'm seated at a table with the drink selection booklet in my hands. On the other hand, I've never waited more then a few minutes standing at a bar before going to another one if they were too busy to serve me.

I've also noticed the servers on all the lines seem to take better care of the people who have more status/rank. Maybe they don't want them complaining. All they have to do is see the color of your card to know how many cruises you have with the line.

Have a great rest of your cruise and don't be afraid to go to another bar for better service or go to the head waiter of a restaurant for something

you're not getting.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Fatbird2 said:

I've also noticed the servers on all the lines seem to take better care of the people who have more status/rank. Maybe they don't want them complaining. All they have to do is see the color of your card to know how many cruises you have with the line.

Well seems you havent sailed royal much lolol. The card is the same color doesnt matter if you are gold or Diamond plus... all the way to pinnacle. I'm diamond plus over 500 pts and have the same exact color card as the OP. At pinnacle you do get perks similar as if you are in a suite and a different color card, but over 700 pts is only the top tier.

That's carnival who has different colored cards for your loyalty level.

Gold cards are suites. Maybe you have seen these cards. I wouldnt be surprised if they do tip better for what suites cost, but havent run a survey. Maybe on royal you could say what you booked stands out by your card, not your loyalty level. Not until pinnacle. I am sure someone can say exactly what color cards are for what? I just know I'm the same color card as OP. 

• Like 3

You may be right  about the color of the cards. I only have 9 cruises with Royal. I have had both gold and blue cards with their suites depending on the type of ship. Princess changes the color of their cards. I don't remember about NCL and couldn't find their cards to check.

You always have the best information.Thanks.

2 hours ago, Fatbird2 said:

You may be right  about the color of the cards. I only have 9 cruises with Royal. I have had both gold and blue cards with their suites depending on the type of ship. Princess changes the color of their cards. I don't remember about NCL and couldn't find their cards to check.

You always have the best information.Thanks.

And you are probably right, those gold suite cards might get more attention. 

8 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

Spent the afternoon doing low-key stuff. Came close to winning Harry Potter trivia, played some card games, hung out. Decided on Windjammer for dinner - I got the Indian food (the saag was to die for but the lamb way too salty. DS got a burger and some pasta. No pictures…sorry!

After eating we did stand by for The Fine Line and got in. The show was…different. Once again, solid 10/10 for talent - these performers knocked it out of the park. I mean, who does this stuff on a cruise ship???? I admit to not really understanding the show - lots of stomping and splashing and impressive flips and things, but no clue what was happening. There was also so much going on that I wasn’t sure where to look and did miss some stuff as I was watching other stuff! Regardless, wow! That was one crazy show - my anxiety was off the charts!

IMG_4870.jpeg

IMG_4871.jpeg

IMG_4873.jpeg

IMG_4876.jpeg

IMG_4877.jpeg

IMG_4884.jpeg

IMG_4885.jpeg

IMG_4886.jpeg

IMG_4888.jpeg

IMG_4889.jpeg

IMG_4893.jpeg

IMG_4901.jpeg

IMG_4902.jpeg

I don't think there is a plot for The Fine Line.  Was the "preshow" still the guy who spun around for like 5 minutes?  

On the last night, they do another water show "Big Daddy's Heist" (or something like that) that does have a story to it. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

I don't think there is a plot for The Fine Line.  Was the "preshow" still the guy who spun around for like 5 minutes?  

On the last night, they do another water show "Big Daddy's Heist" (or something like that) that does have a story to it. 

Yes. That guy made me dizzy!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I love the Aquatheater shows.  They are a little bit like Cirque du Soleil shows in that there's a small thread of a story throughout, but it's really more about the acrobatics/diving/dancing.  Strike that...there isn't even a small thread of a story.  Just pure visual entertainment.

The other unique entertainment venue on Royal ships is Sudio B.  Definitely go to one of the ice shows and I'd highly recommend the late night adult Quest game held there.  It's a lot of fun. 

• Like 4

Last night we went to the Royal Round Up party at Studio B. I don’t think we were the only ones thinking it would be some kind of show/event.  It wasn’t. It was a band singing country type songs (they were really good) and encouraging the audience to dance. It was kind of strange to have that in a venue that’s set up the way studio B is. We stayed for a little and enjoyed the music (and some of the hot guys in cowboy hats) then headed out.

I stopped at Schooners and listened to the Elton John/Billy Joel tribute, which was great. DD picked up pizza at Sorrentos, which was great. Then we called it a night as tomorrow is an early port day!

***This morning, after looking more closely at the app, I discovered we were actually at the warm up party and not the real party that started half hour afterwards. Maybe that was an actual party? This is why I need a piece of paper with events, rather than just an app. I’m missing so much!

IMG_4903.jpeg

IMG_4904.jpeg

IMG_4905.jpeg

• Like 8

5 hours ago, firefly333 said:

And you are probably right, those gold suite cards might get more attention. 

The first time we sailed in a suite, we got gold cards.  Dear God my husband was flashing that thing around🙄🙄.  Had an Owners Suite (ridiculous covid deal) on Harmony couple years ago & the card was a barely noticeable different shade of the standard blue.  He was sooooo disappointed!!

• Haha 7