Majestic Princess observances in August 2024

Host CJSKIDS
This post was recognized by Host CJSKIDS!

"Another great review from Cruise Raider! Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your cruise."

Cruise Raider was awarded the badge 'Great Review'

We’ve previously cruised on the Majestic before and are back onboard for a B2B up in Alaska. The first leg was a free cruise that we won via Princess Prizes back in April.  It was the Jeff Corwin cruise and so very special.  I’m so glad we were able to get the same cabin for the second leg of this B2B very last minute.  
The ship is in tip top shape and the food and service has just wowed us beyond belief.  The musician singers have also been awesome and the naturalists onboard, well .. the entire experience has been nothing short of spectacular.  There were 3700+ passengers on leg #1 and are 3600+ on leg #2.  The passengers, many of which are first timers, seem happy and we aren’t seeing a lot of complaining… thankfully!  The crew and officers seem very happy but also so hard working.  I’ve never seen a crabby crew on a Princess ship except one time. 
There were so few passengers with elite status on the first leg of this cruise and only a few more on this sailing.  We’ve been invited to the MTP luncheon on both sailings and I think the cut off might be in the 300 days or so.  The luncheon vs cocktail party is at the discretion of the caption and this one seems willing to keep the luncheon.  Yay!  I liked the cocktail party the one time we were invited to that but the luncheon is much more special.  Anyway, I don’t think we could qualify on Alaska sailings out of San Francisco where the cutoff for days is oftentimes close to 1000 days.  

There are a fair number of kids onboard, especially for the Jeff Corwin sailing last week but they all seem so well behaved.  They even have story time in the piazza with Stanley the bear and the CD, Allwyn.  He is such a great CD.  He made the marriage match game show the funniest one yet.  
If you come on this ship on the next couple of months, be sure to go to the culinary show on the last day.  You will be thankful you did.  

There were only 14 in transit passengers for these two sailings and not sure if it was because of the low number or that our only foreign port was for Victoria but we didn’t not have to go through immigration on turnaround day.  We understand it is up to the port officials on whether or not we have to completely vacate the ship.  Whenever we keep the same cabin on turnaround day, we try to give the room steward the day off.  He did sneak in and clean up a little that day anyway even though we told him he didn’t have to do so.  He is awesome!  

Just of note, a couple of things for this ship, there are no USB ports in our cabin.  We always bring a cruise approved plug with different USB ports and an extra plug.  Also, the motion lights by the bathroom and night stands are operational.  So far, the only ship where those have been disabled that we’ve seen is on the Discovery.  
The beds are comfortable for us but think they are more firm than the ones on the Crown.  The pillows are the best!  We are in a deluxe balcony and I love that extra seating area.  It’s a perfect size for 2 or 3 people, although it seems to have less stage space than the standard balcony.  Our balcony is midship so, it has a little more room out there than some of the balconies on this ship.  

This is the only ship in the fleet that has the Noodle Bar up by the pool and Harmony just forward of Vines.  Wow, those are my absolute favorites, although just alongside of Alfredo’s and the Catch.  In March, they will be replacing Harmony with the Catch and bringing Sabatini’s onboard to bring it into alignment with the rest of the fleet.  I can’t be sure I heard this correctly but I think one of the officers said they will also be setting up Ocean Terrace like it is on the discovery with the sushi being available every day as it is on the Discovery.  As of now, it is only available on sea days next door where the Catch is located.  Also, the Noodle Bar will be replaced with Slice pizza.  Hopefully, like on the Discovery, they will have a noodle soup station within the buffet.  The Hollywood Conservatory is to remain free of charge as of now.  That could change but as of now, there are no plans to do so.  
So, there are a lot of new changes coming up for this ship when she goes into dry dock in March of 2025.  I’m going to take advantage of her uniqueness two more times before these changes take place.  That brings me to the fabulous Future Cruise Consultant staff onboard.  There are really no onboard specials like we saw last year but I still love to go in a book my new cruises onboard whenever possible.  

I will come back if I think of anything else to note or answer questions you may have, if I can, that is. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 10

Thank you for taking the time for your update.  We board on December 1st for the 51-day voyage around South America and we can't wait to be onboard again!  We have lots of crew friends onboard.

Enjoy!!!

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

Thank you for the update on changes to the Majestic after the refit in March. We’ll be on her after then. So pleased the crew are great and that you’re enjoying your cruise. 

We will also be in a DB. Are there powerpoints on both sides of the bed? 

Edited by paddingtonbear
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, paddingtonbear said:

Thank you for the update on changes to the Majestic after the refit in March. We’ll be on her after then. So pleased the crew are great and that you’re enjoying your cruise. 

We will also be in a DB. Are there powerpoints on both sides of the bed? 

I forgot to mention that Vines will be turned into O’Malleys.  I love Vines but it will be so nice to have another casual dining venue available. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for the review, especially the point about usb ports. I’ll make doubly sure I bring my multi-function charging device on my October cruise - my first time on Majestic!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ellipooh said:

Thanks for the review, especially the point about usb ports. I’ll make doubly sure I bring my multi-function charging device on my October cruise - my first time on Majestic!

She is such a gorgeous ship.  

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I also forgot to mention … we ordered pizzas from Alfredo’s to go today and they are covered by the package.  You have to there to order the pizza , not via the app.  The ones ordered through the app still incur a charge and aren’t the same pizzas as you get from Alfredo’s.  They send them in these vented reusable plastic containers .. very slick!  

IMG_4435.jpeg

Edited by Cruise Raider
  • Like 5

Thanks for your review - we will be on the Majestic for the first time in February so will be able to try the Noodle Bar. Will have to see about Harmony but hope to be able to book the Catch! We had a deluxe balcony on Enchanted last year and did like the additional seating. Weren't willing to take a Guaranteed DB, (have a regular balcony on Dolphin, with the bigger balcony) but maybe if we can bid on an Upgrade...

Thanks for posting.  We board in February for 14 days.   It will be our 2nd princess sailing.  Last was on Emerald Princess about 10 years ago.  Been on many other cruises.  We will be in a Mini Suite this time.  We welcome any other tips regarding the ship.  

11 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

I also forgot to mention … we ordered pizzas from Alfredo’s to go today and they are covered by the package. 

I assume that's the Premier package? I have Plus.

4 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Great information on the Majestic.  Thank you.

Were you taking the pizza off the ship?

No, onboard food can’t be taken off the ship.  We took it up to our cabin to watch a movie.  It was great fun!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ellipooh said:

I assume that's the Premier package? I have Plus.

We do have the premier but you also get two casual meals included in the plus, so if you haven’t used them on anything else, you can use it for pizza.  

I am officially a dork.  These USB ports have been here right behind the nightstand this whole time and I never noticed them.  We aren’t messy people so, it was not like they were hiding behind a bunch of junk.  And I’ve even used these light switches.  
Please scratch my earlier comment that there aren’t any USB ports bedside.  

image.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

12 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

These USB ports have been here right behind the nightstand this whole time and I never noticed them

I thought we had them on our recent TP on the Majestic. 

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

I thought we had them on our recent TP on the Majestic. 

the funny thing is, we’ve been on the Majestic a few times in the past and we are on day 12 of a 14 night sailing and just noticed them today.  As my dad would have said, “good thing that wasn't a rattlesnake”.  

• Haha 5

From what I have seen, just photos and videos...  I don't like the new look.

I am sure the actual daily schedule is fine.  But, I could do without the overload of slick 'corporate' imagery.  People,  I am already ON a cruise,  you are not selling me any pre-conceived slick 'postcard' dream.    You can save those photos for your PR.

As a matter of fact, with the new ship, IMHO, it looks like they have gone from the Princess Cruise ship to some kind of 'corporate convention' type of vibe/feel.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, dweeb said:

What do think of the new layout and presentation of the Patter?  I like the new look.

I do as well but my DH doesn't like it.  I guess toy really can’t make everybody happy.  Go figure!  I think he doesn’t like change while I embrace it.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

We do have the premier but you also get two casual meals included in the plus, so if you haven’t used them on anything else, you can use it for pizza.  

What other casual meals are included in the plus package.  Good to know that I can get an Alfredo pizza twice if I want it for no charge.  Thx,  Jim