Carnival Spirit drops Bimini from 25 and 26 itineraries

13 minutes ago, pe4all said:

Interesting that the 6 day itinerary still includes Bimini - for now.  

We were there on the MG shortly after cruising opened after covid.  There was not a ton of things to do.

6 minutes ago, Bostwick girl said:

My guess is it’s being dropped because of its close proximity to the new Celebration Key which will open in August 2025. It is pretty close to the southern end of Grand Bahama Island.

This.

Celebration Key is a Carnival-controlled zone like Amber Cove or maybe Grand Turk (or even closer to some of the other cruise-line-exclusive spots), with most/all the potential profit areas going directly back to Carnival.  Bimini was just a placeholder to help the overflow from other Bahamas ports, and does little to help Carnival's bottom line.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

This.

Celebration Key is a Carnival-controlled zone like Amber Cove or maybe Grand Turk (or even closer to some of the other cruise-line-exclusive spots), with most/all the potential profit areas going directly back to Carnival.  Bimini was just a placeholder to help the overflow from other Bahamas ports, and does little to help Carnival's bottom line.

Even more importantly, it offers way more than what Bimini can offer.

• Like 2

I wonder if Bimini’s port being owned by Resorts World has anything to do with it? Probably not, but with Celebration Key owned by Carnival, you never know. 

13 hours ago, Sagittarius traveler said:

Not confusing just saying they need more overnight or 10pm cruises 🤣🤣

I think Aruba was until 10pm I went years ago. 

Port time have some variables.  The largest in most cases is the itinerary, where they have to be next.  Usually in cases like Aruba, the next port maybe Bonaire or Curcao, so they are relatively close by, hence the late leave time.  I do get the desire to be in port longer.

• Like 1

On 8/24/2024 at 8:54 AM, jimbo5544 said:

Port time have some variables.  The largest in most cases is the itinerary, where they have to be next.  Usually in cases like Aruba, the next port maybe Bonaire or Curcao, so they are relatively close by, hence the late leave time.  I do get the desire to be in port longer.

the desire is you’re experiencing the evening time and night time on the island or country it’s really fun maybe because I take the sight seeing tours and then like to go to the nearby bar they have and drink like a local before I go onboard 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sagittarius traveler said:

the desire is you’re experiencing the evening time and night time on the island or country it’s really fun maybe because I take the sight seeing tours and then like to go to the nearby bar they have and drink like a local before I go onboard 

I get it

I am booked on a couple of these cruises on the Spirit where Bimini was dropped.  I have several questions for Carnival about this.  If I am not mistaken, this change is only for the Spirit.  Why only 1 ship?  And why was it dropped to begin with?  Celebration Cay was always on the itinerary so this change added a sea day.  4 sea days on an 8 day Bahamas cruise.  The ship will going in slow circles for 4 days.   Why not add a day in Princess Cay or Half Moon Cay to get another beach day?  It also looks like a money grab from Carnival since a port was dropped without a drop in port fees.  

On 8/22/2024 at 7:42 AM, jimbo5544 said:

Even more importantly, it offers way more than what Bimini can offer.

Isn't Bimini home to the possible location of Atlantis with underwater ruins? That would be cool to see.

4 hours ago, Miss Bama said:

I am booked on a couple of these cruises on the Spirit where Bimini was dropped.  I have several questions for Carnival about this.  If I am not mistaken, this change is only for the Spirit.  Why only 1 ship?  And why was it dropped to begin with?  Celebration Cay was always on the itinerary so this change added a sea day.  4 sea days on an 8 day Bahamas cruise.  The ship will going in slow circles for 4 days.   Why not add a day in Princess Cay or Half Moon Cay to get another beach day?  It also looks like a money grab from Carnival since a port was dropped without a drop in port fees.  

oh wow that would seem boring 4 sea days 

and that’s why I think a longer time in port especially if it’s just Bahamas it’s usually a decent place unless crimes increased 

1 hour ago, ChinaShrek said:

Isn't Bimini home to the possible location of Atlantis with underwater ruins? That would be cool to see.

Atlantis is located in Nassau

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, ChinaShrek said:

It is pretty new to cruise port stops.  I have never heard that, but really do not know.  My point really was that Carnival is building a new port in the Bahamas called Celebration Key.  They are dropping tons into it.  Here is a link. 

https://www.carnival.com/celebration-key

17 hours ago, Miss Bama said:

I am booked on a couple of these cruises on the Spirit where Bimini was dropped.  I have several questions for Carnival about this.  If I am not mistaken, this change is only for the Spirit.  Why only 1 ship?  And why was it dropped to begin with?  

You or your travel agent should have received some correspondence from Carnival about this canceled port.  They might have disclosed their reasons in there, perhaps using some vague language as "port congestion".

If they didn't, and you're still curious about the true answer, you can try any of the following, though I'm not very optimistic about any of them:

• Carnival's general customer service line
  • A letter to corporate HQ in Miami
  • Your PVP (if you have one)
  • Any crew contacts you have that are scheduled to be onboard the Spirit at this time
  • The daily question section on Brand Ambassador John Heald's FB page

For the record, before you waste your time, check out what the cruise contract states in regards to what the cruise line (any cruise line) can do with ports of call.  Not sure what solace you would get for the reason they give you, but, let us know how it works out.