The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday August 24th, 2024

richwmn

Thank you Rich, Vanessa, EVA, Ann and Dixie for the FR&D   I was saddened when Pluto was demoted but will celebrate the other 2 days...   Special prayers for Ann, Pat, Terri, Jim,  Melissa, Chuck, Annie and Tana with  Annie and Chuck at the top of the list.

Welcome home @cunnorl and @St Pete Cruiser.  Bon Voyage @Sharon in AZ, @dfish, and @Crazy For Cats

I like the Wilson quote.

II visited Kota Kinabalu just once, Crystal Symphony in 2014...

Four very different days in history; my favorite is the establishment of NATO..

The meal sounds interesting.  I’ll hold off on my alternative for a few days to shorten the summer hiatus.
Fire house this afternoon. ..

Roy

• Like 34
  • Thanks 5

Happy Saturday.  Thanks for the Daily and Fleet reports. 

Another chilly morning. Will go up to 86. I love this time of year because even though the temps warm up, once the sun goes down it cools off quickly. Running errands today. Might weed around the property and water the plants. 

Bon voyage to @Crazy For Cats, @dfish, and @Sharon in AZ!

A Very Funny Bon Voyage Ecard. Free Bon Voyage eCards, Greeting Cards ...

Thinking of all on the care list. 

Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

Pin by Judy S on Cats! | Caturday funny, Saturday greetings, Caturday

• Like 33
  • Thanks 1

Good morning. My DB made a shepherds pie for our dinner last night. It was a favorite of DD DH and I just couldn’t bring myself to make it this last year. It was a big hit at the dinner table so I have to get over myself and make it again!

My experience with a harvey wallbanger was similar to Jacqui’s. I never had another. I appreciate my knives and keep them sharpened. I will celebrate the  formation of NATO.

My brother is a retired oncologist/hematologist and last night he and Tana were having a serious discussion about her clotting disorder. I enjoyed listening to the two “big brains” discuss the particulars. They then got into a discussion about music and there was much laughter. I do finally relax when he is here as the general atmosphere is more relaxed.

Enjoy the day everyone and thanks for the constant encouragement from everyone.

• Like 36

Good morning everyone.  It’s a beautiful day here.  Thanks for the daily updates.

I’ll celebrate a sharp kitchen knife today and most every day.  Probably won’t be having waffles today but I did stare at the waffle iron yesterday and said to myself that we should have waffles soon.  Pluto will always be a planet to me so I won’t even recognize its alleged demotion.

The meal and drink sound tasty.  I really enjoy a good pulled pork meal.

I like today’s quote, good practical advice.

I have not been to today’s port.

Prayers for the folks on our prayer list and for those who need them.  Cheers to those of you who are celebrating happy events today!  Bon voyage to @dfish, @Sharon in AZ and @Crazy For Cats!  You have a beautiful day for sailing away. 🍾🛳️🌞

• Like 32
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

@Crazy For Cats  Jake, I hope the cruise is everything you and Juan want it to be.  I've cruised with the three other Dailyites, and have one request.  Please try to keep them out of trouble.  😉

BonVoyage.png.cf4a567f2d726a44373401f0223d920f.png

Lenda

What if this time I’m the cause of getting them into trouble?😁

I’ll try to make sure we are all allowed to stay onboard for turnaround day.

• Like 14
  • Haha 19

2 hours ago, LambKnuckles said:

Thank you for the Reports and Daily!!

It's a hot and humid time of year, here...  so...  It's nice to be inside, at my computer, visiting with friends!!

Thank you @grapau27 for the explanation on Pluto Demoted Day...  DARNED Neil!!  He should just mind his own business... 

"My Very Eager Mother Just Served Us Nine Pizzas" had to be changed to...

"My Very Eager Mother Just Served Us Noodles"  Poor Pizza!!!  

I'm not a waffle person.  I'll eat them, but pancakes are more fun!!  

And, I was taught to not PLAY with knives...  But I love my carving and cooking knives and am very protective of them!!!  AND...  I enjoy each season of "Forged in Fire"!!!

I did pulled Pork earlier this week!  GREAT CHOICE!!!

And the rest is perfect, too!!

BON VOYAGE, all y'all!!!

And @RedneckBob -- next time I'm in Miami...  I WANT your suggestion for a Cubana Sandwich!!!

👍👍

• Like 11

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning and thank you for today's daily reports.

It is cloudy and 63°F.

3 interesting days and quote.

Important history days today.

I hope everyone is safe and well and y'all have a lovely day.

Screenshot_20240824_113533.jpg

IMG_20240824_112016.jpg

IMG_20240824_111540.jpg

Pluto was always a goofy planet! 😀

• Like 5
  • Haha 16

Good morning from a cooler central Texas where it is mostly sunny.  It is 78F and feels like 78F with 93% humidity and a dew point of 75F.  There is an 8mph wind from the south.  Our high is supposed to be 97F, an improvement over the last several days.  There is not much on the agenda.  One good thing about our lack of rain even with watering our grass is not growing as fast.  Instead of my normal Saturday mowing, I think I'll wait until tomorrow or Monday when it is supposed to be even cooler.  We had a slight cool front come through yesterday afternoon. and it dropped the temperature to 91F.  By the time I took my ride, it was almost chilly, at least, compared to the last several nights.

Knives are very useful both in cooking and for other purposes.  We have a waffle iron, but it hasn't been used recently.  Add me to the list that was sad to see Pluto demoted.  

I like the Harold Wilson quote.  I like to think I'm an optimist who is also practical.

Pulled pork is good, but we prefer to smoke ours with a dry rub instead of using a slow cooker.  I was surprised to see a Texas pulled pork recipe since most barbeque in Texas is beef.  Having lived in both South Carolina and North Carolina, we learned barbeque there is pork.  I haven't had a Harvey Wallbanger, but have enjoyed screwdrivers on occasion.  The wine sounds nice, and we used to drink Grenache wines about 30 years ago.

We have been to two ports in Malaysia, but not to today's port.

Three good days in history, and one not good day for the US.  The establishment of NATO is probably the most important day.

@kazu  Jacqui, I'm sorry your apartment won't be ready as quickly as previously thought.  It is good to know they will make an adjustment to your account.  That was good news from your foot care nurse, even though she thinks the appointment with the vascular surgeon is a good idea.

@aliaschief  Bruce, I'm glad the weekend is going so well.  Enjoy the Barbershop performances.

@puppycanducruise  I agree with you about Pluto.  

@smitty34877  Terry, I'm glad you are able to relax while your DB is there.  I'm glad that he can stimulate her mind and get her to laugh.

@cunnorl  Welcome home, Charlene.  I hope you make your flight with time to spare.

@St Pete Cruiser  Welcome home, and safe travels today.

455070732_122167064918159528_1269337053840786798_n.jpg.efdb6fe5ead5a67eca51f58ce454bb3a.jpg

456100464_122164644326238145_1488226576244982107_n.jpg.f932efb8be7624ea2646c2e003fe27d3.jpg

456193528_122152116260048713_8105824588739464390_n.jpg.a15fc1b684c1b985507888010e247767.jpg

456338547_122164993466235887_4241040562896170080_n.jpg.7181288049909050683b680c18c8c9ae.jpg

456458998_526504779895729_8814338392329655953_n.jpg.df5702b5a8b165af98773e4f0b7cb850.jpg

456460863_416063254824466_7761389792322080910_n.jpg.62328d3cb5db90ff93012c11b3010f55.jpg

Lenda

• Like 21
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 13

2 hours ago, superoma said:

Slow cooker pulled pork. 

Here comes the slow cooker again. This recipe uses bottled sauce as one of the ingredients. Serve this on a nice crusty roll. Full disclosure- I am not a fan of pulled pork.

Slow Cooker Texas Pulled Pork Recipe (with Video)

image.png.33289e0deecfb8043c8c8b84990943d5.png

The BEST Crock Pot Pulled Pork - The Recipe Rebel

This recipe uses apple juice instead of apple cider vinegar and slightly different spices. Suggestion to use a pork loin rather than pork shoulder for leaner pulled pork

image.png.71008402633843e7f1c3905777572738.png

Best Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Recipe - How to Make Slow Cooker Pulled Pork

This recipe calls for apple cider rather than apple cider vinegar

image.thumb.png.3e754e9e5f3261790f151f2c5cb5efd8.png

All of them have a long cooking time so a perfect recipe to start in the morning and have it ready first supper.

yum yum. Take me to Black’s BBQ in Austin!

• Like 15

6 minutes ago, Crazy For Cats said:

What if this time I’m the cause of getting them into trouble?😁

I’ll try to make sure we are all allowed to stay onboard for turnaround day.

Jake, that would probably make the cruise even more fun.

Lenda

• Like 22
  • Haha 1

Good Morning from Logan Airport. 
     Currently sitting at the gate!  Getting off was pretty seamless. Although I was getting off the bus and missed the bottom step. Fell down onto the pavement, cutting my knee,  and hand. Just scraped but really sore. My wrist is swelling so DH went to find ice. I am sure it will be fine. jeezzzz. 

Charlene 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 21

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  Every kitchen needs good, sharp knives, I donated our waffle iron a few years ago as it wasn't getting any use, and I'm sorry Pluto got demoted.  I agree with today's quote; I'm usually prepared for anything.

Well we had quite the storm blow through here last night - started around 11:30 and continued for at least 2 hours.  Heavy winds (trees bending like crazy), horizontal rain (DH couldn't see across the street), and thunder and lightning all around us.  I slept through it.  Seriously, when I go to sleep, I think I go comatose.  I might have been aware of something in a dream, but that's as far as I got.  DH said he was worried that there could be flooding, but did he wake me?  No.  Go figure.  LOL  We had water on the deck (all the windows were open), so I got out there with the sponge mop and took care of that, and that's all the damage we had, thankfully.  This morning our DSIL is coming to replace the kitchen faucet; we're so glad he's handy, as he's saved us the cost of various repair people over the years.

@dfish(Debbie & Sue), @Sharon in AZ(Sharon I think you're traveling solo this time), and @Crazy For Cats(Jake & Juan) Bon Voyage; have a wonderful cruise together.  Can't wait to hear all about it!  And remember, what happens on a BHB stays on a BHB! 

@kazuI do hope the delay in getting into your new home won't be long!

@Cruzin Terrisorry your DH wasn't able to get to the appointment.  I don't think anyone was intimating you should go on a cruise without him, just that there are resources out there to give you an hour or two to yourself.  It's difficult watching someone you love decline, I know.

I've had the drink of the day, but when I used to drink them, would ask for an additional glass of orange juice so I could extend the life of it.  I'd like to try the wine; I've made pulled pork quite often in the slow cooker - a super easy meal when you don't feel like cooking.  I put a pork loin in, add a bottle of barbecue sauce, a package of onion soup mix, a little apple cider vinegar, close the lid and walk away.  Easy, peasy.  Today we're having our "Chinese daughter" Sophia, her DH and their twins, along with her parents over for dinner.  The menu will be a combination of barbecued chicken breasts, baked salmon, pasta salad, coleslaw, garlic roasted potatoes, corn on the cob, and parmesan asparagus that we'll be able to enjoy on the deck tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, cheers to all with celebrations.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

• Like 27
  • Thanks 5