Live from Enchanted-Love Boat reunion 8/31-9/7- a Princess first timer!

17 hours ago, Scottdalfonso said:

Got Doc too... 20240906_192522.thumb.jpg.bb7dedc992ec064baf392fc4c06e110a.jpg

20240906_192528.thumb.jpg.955683fcef0aa3fbb2004605c6938a49.jpg

He was so nice as was his wife.  On our Love Boat cruise two years ago we saw him in the buffet but they didn't have food so I asked if I could take his picture.  His wife immediately said let me take the picutre of all of you.  I told him I loved him in Get Smart and he smiled.  He said he doesn't hear that very often but started talking about Barney Miller and some of his other gigs.  At the time he was doing a Broadway play with Hal Linden.  Very spry for someone in his late 80's.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, azbirdmom said:

Very spry for someone in his late 80's.

He's actually 91, born in June 1933.

(ETA-Since you met him two years ago, he was then in his late 80s!)

Edited by BDevilCruiser
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

He was so nice as was his wife.  On our Love Boat cruise two years ago we saw him in the buffet but they didn't have food so I asked if I could take his picture.  His wife immediately said let me take the picutre of all of you.  I told him I loved him in Get Smart and he smiled.  He said he doesn't hear that very often but started talking about Barney Miller and some of his other gigs.  At the time he was doing a Broadway play with Hal Linden.  Very spry for someone in his late 80's.

Very nice, yeah I was starting to take a selfie with him when his wife came over and insisted on taking the pics for us. I made him laugh, I told him " My mom will kill me if I tell her I met you and don't get a picture" He told his wife "hurry and take that picture, he said his mom is gonna kill him if we don't" 

• Haha 3

Scott, quick question: I cruise solo (and dine also)  since my DH passed. I’ll eat most of my dinners in the MDR but prefer buffets for breakfast and lunch. What kind of self serve fountain drinks do they have? And are the breakfast offerings good? (I’m pretty easy to please!)  Is there an area at lunch to get deli type sandwiches? TIA! 

4 hours ago, Crusin Karen said:

Scott, quick question: I cruise solo (and dine also)  since my DH passed. I’ll eat most of my dinners in the MDR but prefer buffets for breakfast and lunch. What kind of self serve fountain drinks do they have? And are the breakfast offerings good? (I’m pretty easy to please!)  Is there an area at lunch to get deli type sandwiches? TIA! 

Self serve drinks were mostly iced teas, lemonade and water in the buffet and some water dispensers around the ship. Plus the hot water\coffee dispensers all over the place.  The buffet had some various sandwiches available, plus deli meats and rolls so you could make your own, plus burgers and dogs were always out, too.  And the International cafe in the main Piazza area was open 24 hours and always had a few sandwiches and desserts available at all times of the day,  A tuna on croissant was my go to late night sandwich a few times. Breakfast was fine, all the usuals- french toasts, pancakes, waffles, eggs of various types, usually an omelet and some meats, oatmeals and cream of wheat... plenty to choose from! I honestly LOVED the Egg McMuffin they had, it was in the buffet and could also get it delivered as part of the free breakfast room service. 

Edited by Scottdalfonso
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Crusin Karen said:

^^^great thank you. Yes I’ve heard about the egg mc muffins. Glad they’re on the buffet-I thought they were only at the IC. 

You can order from breakfast room service menu and from Ocean Ready app

• Thanks 1

IMG_0444.thumb.jpeg.f48c9f3fc12dc0ad57763642b398805b.jpeg

IMG_1197.thumb.jpeg.dc97a50fac1e4f550dbcc4dd7229e7de.jpeg

@Crusin Karen no self serve fountain soda drinks on Princess. You pay with medallion- goes on your “bill”  ( bar,buffet,dining room,etc.) or they are included as a package item.( plus or premier cruise package or drink package)

The complimentary drinks are what Scott said, differs on ship location what is available at each venue.

Edited by arizonaperson

16 minutes ago, arizonaperson said:

IMG_0444.thumb.jpeg.f48c9f3fc12dc0ad57763642b398805b.jpeg

IMG_1197.thumb.jpeg.dc97a50fac1e4f550dbcc4dd7229e7de.jpeg

@Crusin Karen no self serve fountain soda drinks on Princess. You pay with medallion- goes on your “bill”  ( bar,buffet,dining room,etc.) or they are included as a package item.( plus or premier cruise package or drink package)

The complimentary drinks are what Scott said, differs on ship location what is available at each venue.

Thank you for this. I was actually just going to post a question about this. I have “PLUS.” I like to put a few splashes of lemon lime soda in my wine-similar to a wine spritzer. I know I can carry on cans. Wondered if I should bring my Own cans to splash in my wine?!?! 

@Crusin Karen if you have the plus package,no need to carry on soda, unless they don’t have “ your” brand.( i.e. Dr. pepper any variety or Pepsi any variety It’s included already, just my opinion.

Lemon lime( sprite would work for your wine or club soda,etc.) They do not count towards your limit, only the alcohol/ wine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, arizonaperson said:

@Crusin Karen if you have the plus package,no need to carry on soda, unless they don’t have “ your” brand.( i.e. Dr. pepper any variety or Pepsi any variety It’s included already, just my opinion.

Lemon lime( sprite would work for your wine or club soda,etc.) They do not count towards your limit, only the alcohol/ wine.

Great news!!! Thank you! Sprite is my go to so that’s perfect. 

• Like 1

Scottdalfonso,once again, thank you for your great review, and I'll be looking forward to reading your recap on the Enchanted. I just noticed that you had a picture where it looks like at the edge of the water there was a light house. I love them, and this may have not been done here, but I have been able to climb to the top of 3 of them in my lifetime. That is great that you were able to get a picture with Mr. Lange, and Doc too. I remember watching them many times on the Love Boat show.

Cruisin Karen, once again I'm sorry of the loss of your husband, as it sounds like you two had some wonderful times together.  As I said I'm sure I am much older than you, but who knows, maybe one day I will be cruising by myself. Some of my friends from years ago know how timid/shy I was for many years, but I finally broke out of that, and I have met so many wonderful people on cruises and elsewhere, where I just opened up myself to them. You also mentioned you like to "people watch", an "dress up," well you are right up my alley in that direction as well.

• Like 1

So great to read this now that I'm almost rested from the trip (ours was extended 4 days visiting my son at his college) Definitely enjoy seeing other people's cruise experience, often different from ours, even on the same cruise.  This was my 2nd Love Boat cruise, last one in Oct 22.  I was pretty excited to do another one, despite the itinerary.  Wow, was I extremely surprised! I loved this itinerary!  And they outdid themselves this time with theme compared to last time.  Air Supply...I don't even know how they can top that one on the next Love Boat themed cruise!  Awesome!  Great job Princess!

And I'm jealous of your selfies with the cast, I've never been brave enough to ask them.

Edited by freecruiser2
  • Like 1