Embarkation lunch - Retreat

1 minute ago, sammygeorge said:

Somewhere I read that there are great lobster rolls at lunch on embarkation day for retreat passengers. True? If so, in Luminae or in the Retreat Lounge?

I love lobster rolls!!  

If they have them, they will be in Luminae.

1 minute ago, mahasamatman said:

Be sure to ask for double filling - they are mostly bread by default.

DH orders without the bread and gets a nice size serving.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Don’t get your hopes up too much.  While they have been tasty, the ones I’ve had recently on multiple ships are more mayo than lobster. It’s more like lobster salad roll.  As usual with Celebrity, yours may be the other way around. 

Edited by dcbiker97
  • Haha 1

I order mine as a topping for a mixed green salad.  Don't need the bread and makes a great start for the Seared Branzino (mistakenly spelled as Bronzino on the menu) or as the surf side to go with the Grilled New York Steak Frites. 

Do not expect an true New England lobster roll. As was mentioned earlier there is not an abundance of lobster in the last couple I had. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, bigbenboys said:

I have not tried the lobster roll before. My plan is to have the lobster without the roll as an appetizer. Then have the steak with fries and my main entree.

Will you previously have eaten first and second breakfast in your hotel?!?

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

Don't need the bread and makes a great start for the Seared Branzino (mistakenly spelled as Bronzino on the menu) or as the surf side to go with the Grilled New York Steak Frites.

It's Bronzino if they hit it with SPF 30 before searing.

I never knew that they'd use the filling to make up other items.  Maybe I'll switch off the Luminae burger for this next cruise.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, chemmo said:

Will you previously have eaten first and second breakfast in your hotel?!?

Only 1 breakfast at the hotel. I have to save room for lunch😋. It is not easy maintaining 160lbs/72k.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bigbenboys said:

I have not tried the lobster roll before. My plan is to have the lobster without the roll as a appetizer. Then have the steak with fries and my main entree.

Smart choice because the lobster is honestly swimming/floating in mayo.  To me barely edible but I do live in lobster land and I know that I am biased.

1 hour ago, canderson said:

I never knew that they'd use the filling to make up other items.  Maybe I'll switch off the Luminae burger for this next cruise.

A burger with lobster topping might be interesting...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Liao said:

Smart choice because the lobster is honestly swimming/floating in mayo.  To me barely edible but I do live in lobster land and I know that I am biased.

As long as it's not Miracle Whip, I'm ok. I can dip my fries in the mayo.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, bigbenboys said:

Only 1 breakfast at the hotel. I have to save room for lunch😋. It is not easy maintaining 160lbs/72k.

Yes, one needs food priorities on a cruise…

My biggest ‘dither’ on a cruise is deciding between dessert or cheese plate in Murano’s. I know I can’t do both but which to have?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, chemmo said:

Yes, one needs food priorities on a cruise…

My biggest ‘dither’ on a cruise is deciding between dessert or cheese plate in Murano’s. I know I can’t do both but which to have?

My thought would be the Grand Marnier Souffle and have the cheese plate sent to the suite. My go to dessert is the creme brulee.😋

39 minutes ago, bigbenboys said:

My thought would be the Grand Marnier Souffle and have the cheese plate sent to the suite. My go to dessert is the creme brulee.😋

Now why didn’t I think of that?

Seriously, one M’D in Murano (Equinox), after seeing me struggling to decide but finally settle on the Ballon Rouge, sent a cheese selection to the suite for me. It wasn’t wasted, my husband and son enjoyed…

• Like 1

17 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

I order mine as a topping for a mixed green salad.  Don't need the bread and makes a great start for the Seared Branzino (mistakenly spelled as Bronzino on the menu) or as the surf side to go with the Grilled New York Steak Frites. 

Do not expect an true New England lobster roll. As was mentioned earlier there is not an abundance of lobster in the last couple I had. 

I ask for the Cobb Salad without the chicken/bacon and have them put the lobster on it.  Great choice of vegetables and no dressing needed b/c of the mayo.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bigbenboys said:

If your think trying 160-lbs is tough, try 240-lbs,  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

If your think trying 160-lbs is tough, try 240-lbs,  

At least you are making the effort by swapping out your bread roll for a green salad…

One criticism I would make about the Luminae menu is the lack of side salads and vegetables generally. Many dishes which are served with named vegetables lead you to expect a portion only to receive a garnish! Like yourself I have found ways of ‘customising’ their offerings. I often will ask for a starter as a mains…

I think parts of this post could be merged with those who complain the laundry shrinks their clothes as “They fitted when I boarded”…

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, peanut head said:

I ask for the Cobb Salad without the chicken/bacon and have them put the lobster on it. 

Bacon and lobster are a lovely combination!  Never leave off the bacon.

Edited by wrk2cruise
  • Like 1