Day 1 of the new Premier Package has arrived

2 hours ago, dog said:

Well, I did not buy a package but my app says I did. I reported it, got confirmation it was a web error. Now I have been upgraded to the New Premier package!

I am told it can only be dealt with in the ship.

I did not buy a package and my app is correct, unfortunately.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Coral said:

I did not buy a package and my app is correct, unfortunately.

I’ve sent a second email to them and JP, asking to fix my app and personalizer again.  I am blocked from using all the functions and cannot make any reservations for 3 nights dining.  What a mess I have had over this Sun booking.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, dog said:

I’ve sent a second email to them and JP, asking to fix my app and personalizer again.  I am blocked from using all the functions and cannot make any reservations for 3 nights dining.  What a mess I have had over this Sun booking.

They should give you at least Plus as an inconvenience! Though it sounds like they are trying to look at it - more than most problems I have had and tried to address with them!

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Coral said:

They should give you at least Plus as an inconvenience! Though it sounds like they are trying to look at it - more than most problems I have had and tried to address with them!

The last ones that have answered say I purchased standard. Can buy on board.  Do not address web and app problems or trying to fix it.

I cannot even get into  my personalizer today. App is swirling.  I have tried reloading, clearing, different devices.  Other 3 bookings have no issues.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, voljeep said:

what did you notice in the app that your status had been corrected by Ocean Ready

@Sea Hag  @PacnGoNow

On the downloaded App, after a big update running the changes for the MDR TD, Flexible and Walk in…

my Loyalty status went from Elite to newbie. One of the 6 cruises I had booked was affected, as I could not book wifi with loyalty discount.

So, I waited, as sometimes it will correct itself.  Nope…waited and finally called in.  OR did fix it over the phone.

When I go in the App, it shows the black medallion next to my photo and elite underneath.

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

When I go in the App, it shows the black medallion next to my photo and elite underneath.

Thanks - no update yet - still showing white medallion (SUN P maybe?) and nothing underneath showing correct status.

did you have to reinstall the app or anything or it just got corrected and you saw the change?

11 minutes ago, voljeep said:

Thanks - no update yet - still showing white medallion (SUN P maybe?) and nothing underneath showing correct status.

did you have to reinstall the app or anything or it just got corrected and you saw the change?

No, did not reinstall.  He corrected the App and I pulled it up again.

One thing a lot of folks don’t set up automatic updates or they don’t update the downloaded App.  So, they can refresh the App, by deleting and installing it.  Also, there are conflicts when you don’t sign out of the website.

I stayed signed out of the website.  

Did you call in?  If they corrected it.  Sign out of website and the downloaded App.  Then sign back into the downloaded App.

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

No, did not reinstall.  He corrected the App and I pulled it up again.

One thing a lot of folks don’t set up automatic updates or they don’t update the downloaded App.  So, they can refresh the App, by deleting and installing it.  Also, there are conflicts when you don’t sign out of the website.

I stayed signed out of the website.  

Did you call in?  If they corrected it.  Sign out of website and the downloaded App.  Then sign back into the downloaded App.

will try again later, maybe tomorrow would be best - thanks for all the help

• Like 1

My husband and I just added Premier to our December 2025 sailing (a looong way off) yesterday. Since we are Platinum, we can already book Specialty Dining way ahead of anyone who can't book until after final payment so all of the time slots are available in all of the restaurants. My question is, what happens if we book a specialty dinner for every night but then on the cruise itself, once we see the MDR menus and have more concrete excursion plans, etc. can we cancel these bookings without penalty? I know that people who pay to pre-book specialty dining have to cancel some amount ahead of time or they lose their money. Since we don't have to pay, can we cancel last-minute or even just no-show without penalty? 

25 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

My husband and I just added Premier to our December 2025 sailing (a looong way off) yesterday. Since we are Platinum, we can already book Specialty Dining way ahead of anyone who can't book until after final payment so all of the time slots are available in all of the restaurants. My question is, what happens if we book a specialty dinner for every night but then on the cruise itself, once we see the MDR menus and have more concrete excursion plans, etc. can we cancel these bookings without penalty? I know that people who pay to pre-book specialty dining have to cancel some amount ahead of time or they lose their money. Since we don't have to pay, can we cancel last-minute or even just no-show without penalty? 

Good question.  When you book and prepay now, it says cancel 24 hours before or a $10 fee.

Have you tried to book using the Premier90?  Does it say the $10 fee also for cancellation?  

Let us know.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Good question.  When you book and prepay now, it says cancel 24 hours before or a $10 fee.

Have you tried to book using the Premier90?  Does it say the $10 fee also for cancellation?  

Let us know.

Ah yes, I do see that on the screen with the Order Summary. It says:

Cancellation Policy

Please provide 24 hours' notice should you need to cancel your dining reservation. Cancellations made within 24 hours of your reservation time will be charged a fee of $10 per person.

That seems reasonable to me. Otherwise, you would have people with Premier just booking all sorts of reservations they had little intention of keeping, "just in case." For us, I think that, aside from dinner on embarkation night, it shouldn't be to hard to determine whether we intend to keep our reservation for the next night and cancel outside of 24 hours.

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

Ah yes, I do see that on the screen with the Order Summary. It says:

Cancellation Policy

Please provide 24 hours' notice should you need to cancel your dining reservation. Cancellations made within 24 hours of your reservation time will be charged a fee of $10 per person.

That seems reasonable to me. Otherwise, you would have people with Premier just booking all sorts of reservations they had little intention of keeping, "just in case." For us, I think that, aside from dinner on embarkation night, it shouldn't be to hard to determine whether we intend to keep our reservation for the next night and cancel outside of 24 hours.

And this is another reason (as well as increased capacity, limiting the number of Premier 90 packages sold etc) why I think there will continue to be plenty of opportunities for people, with or without Premier 90, to be able to book SD once they are on board and, probably also on the day / walk-in.  If posters on here are typical, I sense that many will book a lot of slots on the App in advance and then cancel some of them later / when they board (24 hrs before) as their day-to-day plans firm up.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cruising.mark.uk said:

And this is another reason (as well as increased capacity, limiting the number of Premier 90 packages sold etc) why I think there will continue to be plenty of opportunities for people, with or without Premier 90, to be able to book SD once they are on board and, probably also on the day / walk-in.  If posters on here are typical, I sense that many will book a lot of slots on the App in advance and then cancel some of them later / when they board (24 hrs before) as their day-to-day plans firm up.

I think the SD cancellation policy should mirror the cruise fare policy - and if pre-booked on unlimited charged to the card on file.

6 hours ago, voljeep said:

what did you notice in the app that your status had been corrected by Ocean Ready

@Sea Hag  @PacnGoNow

I checked right after I got off the phone with Princess, and my status had gone from new cruiser to elite. The color in the medallion had gone from blue to black. I wasn't sure how long it would take for them to get it corrected, but as it turned out it was pretty much immediately.

• Like 2

On 9/2/2024 at 11:17 AM, ShelaghL said:

The issue for me is that I am teetotal - I don't even drink soft drinks. We only have the package because our Travel Agent offered it for free (though I'm sure they actually added something to the price of the cruise!!). My husband only drinks beer and red wine and certainly wouldn't drink unlimited. I'm just hoping that British cruise lines (particularly those in the Carnival family) don't go the same way. The wifi and the gratuities are the only perks that we're interested in (we normally sail with P&O who no longer charge gratuities) and I don't need the max wifi - just want to check on my emails. 

Your perception will no doubt be correct.  You certainly paid for that package.  Why didn't you ask the cruise price for Standard and then you would know what you really paid to upgrade?  I always know my prices - Princess' price, TA price - so I know exactly my discount and savings.

On 9/2/2024 at 5:53 PM, Sea Hag said:

Just throwing this out here. From my point of view, the specialties have always been pre fixe, with some add-ons. It's been one cover charge for appetizer, main, and dessert. Sounds like pre fixe to me. I'll be surprised if they put out a separate menu for this.

Definition from the wisdom of the internet:

A prix fixe (a French term meaning “fixed price”) is a menu that offers a full meal at a set rate. Typically, that means diners get three courses consisting of an appetizer, entrée, and dessert. Diners choose from multiple options for each of the three courses, but the price remains the same no matter the selection.

On 9/2/2024 at 6:18 PM, Kay S said:

This is how I took it.  The Prix Fixe is just the same menu they've always had.

They used to allow a couple of appetizers and perhaps even an extra dessert.  If it's 1-1-1, that's inflation plus shrinkflation combined.

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

They used to allow a couple of appetizers and perhaps even an extra dessert.  If it's 1-1-1, that's inflation plus shrinkflation combined.

I’m allergic to dairy so no dessert for me. I wonder if they will let me have 2-1-0? I want the CG shrimp and the bacon. 🤣

Edited by MsSoCalCruiser

6 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Your perception will no doubt be correct.  You certainly paid for that package.  Why didn't you ask the cruise price for Standard and then you would know what you really paid to upgrade?  I always know my prices - Princess' price, TA price - so I know exactly my discount and savings.

There is a story to this. My TA was offering the free package on selected cruises. I phoned up to enquire about the cruise I booked and was told it included the free package. I wanted to speak to the other half re booking and so didn't book straight away. When I phoned up to book I was told that the cruise I wanted didn't include the package. When I challenged this, the manager listened to the original phone call and agreed I had been told, incorrectly, that the package was applicable, so they honoured this and gave me the package. On my confirmation from Princess it does state complimentary package from my TA. Like you, I do usually do alot of research re prices,  but this is only a short cruise and did look good value.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Retired-N-Happy said:

As well as the first week of November.

There must be a few cabins remaining in Nov. I just received a notice to book on the Sun in Nov just yesterday from my TA.

On 9/3/2024 at 7:40 PM, Robkat said:

Yep ... we see this exactly.  We show that we have Premier, we click on that, and then on Save.  Then the next screen tells us that we have Premier with "2 included complimentary dining".  And that's when DH's head starts to explode! 

The kicker is that it won't even let us reserve 2 SD!  It just immediately shows that $90 balance, with our cc below!  

So, we've obviously got a unique and 'glitchy' situation.

But thanks for trying to help ...  onwards we go. 🙄

When I booked my 2 free SDs about 3 months ago I also got this screen ie $90 etc. However when I clicked on reserve, the balance showed as zero and my credit card hasn't been charged. Don't know if this helps.

• Like 1

On 9/4/2024 at 2:05 PM, Z0nker said:

We usually have enough OBC for some specialty, so we tend to that and the muster right away. As others have noted, you only have to visit one specialty restaurant to book any or all of them.

Or, just call the dine line, if you’re in your cabin early.

• Like 1

On 9/4/2024 at 10:44 PM, Cruise Raider said:

I believe this is correct.  I asked, not because I wanted it but wanted to report on it, if the $12 pizza was included in the price fixed menu at Alfredo’s.  It is not.  
Also, the sushi tacos are not included in the unlimited casual dining.  

We had the $12 pizza in Alfredo's on Sky with no issue as part of our included options.

• Like 1