MDR favourites

Cruiscs

Yikes!  Top three?  Hmmm...

I really enjoy the escargot...that's an app but very rich with all the butter...great for dipping bread.

I've also enjoyed the beef wellington...

and the crème brule...my favorite MDR dessert.

I'm struggling to recall a second or a third entrée.  I don't find the food bad at all...Much of it just isn't that memorable, IMO.

Edited by Georgia_Peaches
  • Like 3

I don’t stick with anything, food is way too subjective.  Every night I pretty much decide when I sit down for dinner and don’t pay attention on what is being served each night.  There have been some cruises I have just ordered a grill cheese for dinner as I had to much food during day.  Or big salad etc.   the entrees overall I have found very good on my last few cruises in blu and in mdr.  

The fresh Alaska salmon in Alaska was excellent, but obviously that is cruise specific. I loved the Creme Brule too (obviously not an entrée) and thought the Cesar salad was terrible 😞 

I usually ask the server what he recommends. That seems to always work out well for me. Plus it allows me to sometimes try things I wouldn’t have chosen myself.

• Like 3

The slow braised lamb in phyllo was excellent, would not be mad if I paid for it in a fancy restaurant.

The shrimp scampi, also very good with huge shrimp.

The chicken saltimbocca was a surprise with how good it was, although it definitely was not traditionally prepared saltimbocca.

Also I don’t eat lobster but apparently the lobster was very good according to my brother.

9 minutes ago, desibee said:

The slow braised lamb in phyllo was excellent, would not be mad if I paid for it in a fancy restaurant.

Talked the manager of our favorite "fancy restaurant" (Greenbriar Inn) into adding it to his menu for a couple of months after our Nov 2021 cruise, so I actually have paid for it!

we've only been on Celebrity once, but their escargot quickly became my favorite item. And that's considering that I don't even care for the escargot to begin with. It's the garlic butter!

image.thumb.jpeg.5a4c97c3f3ed49d9c4c8dd4becce9fee.jpeg

The other dishes we loved:

mushroom risotto

image.thumb.jpeg.7ac63fa7bcd513e6a681ba90042d6e6d.jpeg

shrimp scampi

image.thumb.jpeg.49af0c93a3557e6862302c32dbe91aa2.jpeg

toasted Israeli couscous cake

image.thumb.jpeg.6a851616949ff4f33dcf20a4d0e32556.jpeg

creme brulee

image.thumb.jpeg.c63e3ae4518bb4989a91712bd392fef0.jpeg

this Cafe pot de creme was to die for!!!!! if you like coffee ice cream or coffee, you will love this.

image.thumb.jpeg.037a2326dad2baac5dd88dda6fc90d71.jpeg

salmon rilette was fantastic!

image.thumb.jpeg.ee4edb9c55e463a0f31d0a81cde7b21d.jpeg

all the beef dishes I ordered were great as well.

I am really looking forward to dining on our next two Celebrity cruises.

57 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

this Cafe pot de creme was to die for!!!!! if you like coffee ice cream or coffee, you will love this.

image.thumb.jpeg.037a2326dad2baac5dd88dda6fc90d71.jpeg

Had this in May 2023 but it wasn't appearing on my August 2023 sailing so I asked the Blu M'D who stated it was eliminated.  Was always hoping they were wrong or brought it back

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Had this in May 2023 but it wasn't appearing on my August 2023 sailing so I asked the Blu M'D who stated it was eliminated.

they even had it at the buffet the next day. Same with mushroom risotto. 

13 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

they even had it at the buffet the next day. Same with mushroom risotto. 

Sounds like the M'D was wrong or it was gone and they brought it back; when did you see it last?  They didn't have it this past April on the Summit but that was a short-4-nighter

9 minutes ago, wansley said:

Jerk chicken is my favorite entree. Enjoyed the roasted pumpkin salad. I am a fan of the three types of butter with breadsticks. Ok now i am hungry.

The Caribbean jerk chicken is great due to its intense flavor of the spice rub

8 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Sounds like the M'D was wrong or it was gone and they brought it back; when did you see it last?  They didn't have it this past April on the Summit but that was a short-4-nighter

this April on Reflection

• Thanks 1

On 9/5/2024 at 4:36 PM, JamieLogical said:

Do they still have the blue cheese souffle? That was my favorite thing when I was sailing with Celebrity back in 2021 and 2022.

I absolutely loved that when I had it last year. I was recently on the Reflection and they didn't have it:(