Do I need to sit and wait for my OceanNow order

On 9/6/2024 at 9:10 AM, memoak said:

If I am hungry I don’t think I would want to wait 49 minutes for some food. There are lots of places I can walk up and get some food   Also super easy to walk up to a bar for a drink

We are just so different!  I rarely order drinks via the app but food, that’s another story.  
I don’t mind waiting .. we are both pretty patient and I know they are working hard and we always get it well before I chew my arm off for sustenance.  😂 

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

We are just so different!  I rarely order drinks via the app but food, that’s another story.  
I don’t mind waiting .. we are both pretty patient and I know they are working hard and we always get it well before I chew my arm off for sustenance.  😂 

And I would rather walk to the IC an another venue to get something for instant gratification. Reality is that 3 meals a day is really all I need

We had prime seats in the Vista Lounge on the Emerald for a comedian who was VERY popular. Ordered a late dinner delivered to our table. It took a while, but we were waiting anyway. Got a lot of envious looks from other folks waiting as well. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, canadarocks said:

We had prime seats in the Vista Lounge on the Emerald for a comedian who was VERY popular. Ordered a late dinner delivered to our table. It took a while, but we were waiting anyway. Got a lot of envious looks from other folks waiting as well. 

I bet!  We did that when we were in the Vista Lounge for the NBA finals on the Ruby a couple of years ago.  We ordered 3 pizzas and 5 Caesar salads for our group.  We had the best seats and nobody wanted to be the one to miss part of the game.  They must have had 50 orders for pizzas that evening,  it was so much fun and it was the best game ever!  

We were on a Celebrity cruise last year and even though there was nothing really wrong with the cruise, it was a bit disappointing that we couldn’t get a small bite to eat without going up to the buffet or pool deck.  If I’ve got a great seat for a great event that I wish to participate in or watch, we love when we can just order food to our table.  Princess really delivers on that perk!  

• Like 1

On 9/5/2024 at 2:55 PM, Bgwest said:

I placed an order on a recent cruise while on one of the upper decks. Like the fool I can sometimes be, I went to our cabin for something I'd left behind after placing the order. While I was still in our cabin, there came a knock on the door. It was my Ocean Now order. 

Only then did I realize my medallion was still firmly attached to my wrist. 

From that time forward whenever I needed to leave before the order arrives, I leave my medallion with my wife. 

So no, definitely NOT one's location when ordering. 

This has been my experience too. I unintentionally caused a crew member some angst when I ordered water bottles while in our cabin, thinking they would be delivered to the cabin, like room service would be. Then I ran down to the front desk to turn in a disembarkation form and was shocked when the crew member showed up there with my water bottles. Honestly, I have no idea how to order water bottles to be delivered to our cabin the way we used to. Is it even possible?  Do I have to just call room service instead using Ocean Now? This was on the second last day of my last cruise, so I haven’t had to do it since, but I’m really not sure what to do when I need to. 

6 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

Honestly, I have no idea how to order water bottles to be delivered to our cabin the way we used to. Is it even possible

J,

If you have the Premier or Plus Package you can call room service daily and have 6 bottles delivered to your cabin.  We do this about every other day.

Rafael

• Thanks 1

On 9/6/2024 at 12:10 PM, memoak said:

If I am hungry I don’t think I would want to wait 49 minutes for some food. There are lots of places I can walk up and get some food   Also super easy to walk up to a bar for a drink

For you, or even most, it’s easy. For those traveling with young children, the mobility impaired, and I’m sure others, using OceanNow is much easier. The OP just asked for information on using that system. 

Edited by Torfamm
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

J,

If you have the Premier or Plus Package you can call room service daily and have 6 bottles delivered to your cabin.  We do this about every other day.

Rafael

If you don’t have a package the call to room service will cost $5. Ocean Now is a one time charge of $14.99 per cruise

Edited by memoak
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I had a surprising experience ordering a drink.

We were in the buffet, I ordered a drink and waited about 15 minutes and decided to go get me some food. 

Well as I was loading the plate, a young man came to me and said my name and here's your drink ma'am. Boy, was I embarrassed. How he was able to find me in the crowd of buffet eaters surprised me! Now, I leave my medallion with the hubby 😁

So, either leave your medallion with someone you know or just wait. 

53 minutes ago, greenie082756 said:

We were in the buffet, I ordered a drink and waited about 15 minutes and decided to go get me some food. 

Well as I was loading the plate, a young man came to me and said my name and here's your drink ma'am. Boy, was I embarrassed. How he was able to find me in the crowd of buffet eaters surprised me! Now, I leave my medallion with the hubby 😁

I guess I don’t understand why you were embarrassed ?  

• Like 1

On 9/5/2024 at 12:56 PM, memoak said:

If you are on the pool area ii is much faster to walk up and grab the drink at the bar 

Sure, if the goal is fast.

If the goal is to lay on my fat ass while someone brings me a drink... well, then, that's a different matter.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

On 9/7/2024 at 2:10 AM, memoak said:

Yes it is super easy to walk up to a bar and get a drink, and that is what I prefer to do. However on my very recent Sky Princess cruise, quite often I walked up to a bar and waited and waited and waited. Just about all the staff were fulfilling orders from App orders or from staff that were walking around and taking orders. On occasions there were essentially no staff attending to walk ups. Other bars had a good mix of staff dealing with different order methods.

On the Emerald last week, I placed an order for a drink while we were on the Promenade Deck. The delivery options were to the current location or my cabin. Unfortunately, the medallion system was not accurate about my location. It thought I was in the Wheel House Bar instead of outside. I went inside about 20 minutes later and found a bar server wandering around the Wheel House looking for me.

1 hour ago, leck57 said:

Yes it is super easy to walk up to a bar and get a drink, and that is what I prefer to do. However on my very recent Sky Princess cruise, quite often I walked up to a bar and waited and waited and waited. Just about all the staff were fulfilling orders from App orders or from staff that were walking around and taking orders. On occasions there were essentially no staff attending to walk ups. Other bars had a good mix of staff dealing with different order methods.

One of the problems last week on the Emerald was that when the ship was docked in Canadian ports, only one bar was allowed to operate per deck. 

On 9/5/2024 at 3:56 PM, memoak said:

If you are on the pool area ii is much faster to walk up and grab the drink at the bar 

Except that the bars are packed 3 deep on a sea day. 😄

On 9/5/2024 at 10:40 PM, NavyVeteran said:

If you leave your medallion with your wife when you return to your cabin, how do you get into your cabin?

Just switch medallions with your wife and the food might be waiting when you get back. They're very slow during lunch time.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, geoherb said:

One of the problems last week on the Emerald was that when the ship was docked in Canadian ports, only one bar was allowed to operate per deck. 

That was not just your cruise. Canadian regulations call for this you will find it in every Canadian port

On 9/9/2024 at 7:19 PM, greenie082756 said:

The server will not recognize your spouse.  You order with your medallion, the server is looking at a picture of you on their tablet.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, BamaVol said:

The server will not recognize your spouse.  You order with your medallion, the server is looking at a picture of you on their tablet.

But they will be circling around looking for him with a tray in their hands.

It should give you a clue. 

16 hours ago, BamaVol said:

That is true but the medallion has a locator and that is what he said when I asked how he found me. 

27 minutes ago, greenie082756 said:

That is true but the medallion has a locator and that is what he said when I asked how he found me. 

He found YOU. Your face was on his device to be matched. 

Last year, I was sitting on the lido deck with another CCer who had ordered a Coke via Ocean Now. It didn’t arrive after an hour so he ordered another. When the server showed up with 2 cokes she explained that she hadn’t recognized him in sunglasses. So, she had his location but didn’t recognize his face. 

I am assuming you and your spouse are far from identical. It would be an interesting experiment to swap medallions and see if anything gets delivered. Especially in a busy place, like poolside. 

• Like 1