Elite Breakfast

kasowell2

We (spouse and self) are elite and will be sailing later this year with our son and friend. Are we allowed to bring one or both of them to the elite breakfast? We’ve been elite for a while but just discovered how nice the elite breakfast is.

25 minutes ago, kasowell2 said:

We (spouse and self) are elite and will be sailing later this year with our son and friend. Are we allowed to bring one or both of them to the elite breakfast? We’ve been elite for a while but just discovered how nice the elite breakfast is.

Do they have their own stateroom and a separate booking number?  My understanding is that if you are traveling with someone in your stateroom who is not at the same Captain's club tier as you, they are able to join as your guest as they are on your booking.  Separate bookings do not apply.  Perhaps it's different if the bookings are linked?  You can always email the captain's club concierge for clarification.  Also note, in my experience they have been very relaxed in actually verifying the Elite level in that they have only asked for one card, if at all.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, kasowell2 said:

We (spouse and self) are elite and will be sailing later this year with our son and friend. Are we allowed to bring one or both of them to the elite breakfast? 

As a rule - no, not unless they are traveling in the same suite as you.  If you are booked in one room and your spouse in another and you each have one of them in your room, then yes but otherwise, it would not be allowed as @Georgia_Peaches stated. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Do they have their own stateroom and a separate booking number?  My understanding is that if you are traveling with someone in your stateroom who is not at the same Captain's club tier as you, they are able to join as your guest as they are on your booking.  Separate bookings do not apply.  Perhaps it's different if the bookings are linked?  You can always email the captain's club concierge for clarification.  Also note, in my experience they have been very relaxed in actually verifying the Elite level in that they have only asked for one card, if at all.

they verify you until they know you.. 

the son  and friend  cannot attend unless one of them is eligible!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hcat said:

As I said, my experience is that they barely, if at all asked for proof of status.  One time I was asked for my card, the other times I participated in this perk, I was not asked for proof of eligibility (different sailings).  Hopefully, I represent the anomaly. 💁🏻‍♀️

Edited by Georgia_Peaches

1 hour ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Hopefully, I represent the anomaly

In my experience you do.  I've always had my status checked the first time or two that I attended. 

Either by asking for my stateroom number and or asking for my card. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

I’m just finishing three cruises back to back to back and on each of them the Captains Club representatives asked to see cards until they got to know you. There were three concierges who alternated the duty so you ended up having to show your card fairly often.

• Like 3

January is my first Celebrity cruise. I status matched my D+ to Elite +. 

Elite breakfast?

Any other info on perks as Elite Plus is greatly appreciated (I did not purchase a drink package). 😊

28 minutes ago, rrraydon said:

January is my first Celebrity cruise. I status matched my D+ to Elite +. 

Elite breakfast?

Any other info on perks as Elite Plus is greatly appreciated (I did not purchase a drink package). 😊

https://www.celebritycruises.com/content/dam/celebrity/images/Captains-Club-Benefits-Brochure-12-2023.pdf

Complimentary cappuccino, latte, tea, espresso

Discount on Wifi packages and upgrades and complimentary premium minutes 35% or 240min

happy hour 5 to 7

Elite/Elite+ Breakfast I think 8am-10am, continental breakfast free drinks like mimosa, bloody Mary's, cappuccino, latte

Edited by bigbenboys
added info
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, bigbenboys said:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/content/dam/celebrity/images/Captains-Club-Benefits-Brochure-12-2023.pdf

Complimentary cappuccino, latte, tea, espresso

Discount on Wifi packages and upgrades and complimentary premium minutes 35% or 240min

happy hour 5 to 7

Elite/Elite+ Breakfast I think 8am-10am, continental breakfast free drinks like mimosa, bloody Mary's, cappuccino, latte

Thank you 😊

9 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

As I said, my experience is that they barely, if at all asked for proof of status.  One time I was asked for my card, the other times I participated in this perk, I was not asked for proof of eligibility (different sailings).  Hopefully, I represent the anomaly. 💁🏻‍♀️

on my most recent TA we were asked every time, but in the past only until we were recognized

• Like 2

6 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

I’m just finishing three cruises back to back to back and on each of them the Captains Club representatives asked to see cards until they got to know you. There were three concierges who alternated the duty so you ended up having to show your card fairly often.

This is what we find,especially now they tend to have more than one host.But it’s how it should be and we love the Elite breakfast it’s so much calmer.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, hcat said:

the son  and friend  cannot attend unless one of them is eligible!

"they verify you until they know you"----

LOL--- On our last cruise ( Silhouette-- March 2024 ) the Captains Club Hostess " verified " us almost every morning ( actually the first 4 ). 

I think it was because we didn't wear the same clothes every day.

Luckily for us, the waiters remembered us--- took us to " our " window seat so we could look at the wake, and enjoy our 2nd breakfast.

( Service was superb ).

Wow...I'm starting to question if DM and I were actually at the correct Elite breakfast location.  😂

Seriously though, even as recently as August when I took my mom on her first Celebrity cruise, nobody asked me for proof of my Elite status.   This was in Tuscan. Strange.

Edited by Georgia_Peaches

It is interesting to read about the variations in practice for monitoring admission to the breakfast. Obviously there are no "right" or "wrong" posts on this thread - just different experiences. 

On my longer cruises, I have been asked to show my sea pass on the first few days....and then the Captain's Club host seems to disappear from the entrance; occasionally seen circulating among the passengers, but often not seen at all.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

It seems that way.  But honestly, I prefer to be asked.  Asking makes it feel as though it is indeed an earned perk.  I am glad to read my experience is not the norm.

" But honestly, I prefer to be asked "--

Same here on day 1 --- not on day 4.

"Asking makes it feel as though it is indeed an earned perk "--

IMO, the CC Hostess could care less that you or I earned the perk---- Everyone that attends the Elite breakfast has earned, oops, paid lots of $$$$ to enjoy their 2nd breakfast.

ok Here is what happened to us. We were Retreat but thought lets try Elite breakfast - great view in the aft.  WOW.  made to feel super uncomfortable.   the Maitre D  and it was the MD asked why we were eating there instead of Luminae.  After that, service was absolute crap. Others were getting coffee/tea…we waited, and waited  When we finally got food, it looked like yesterday’s prep.    just our experience   DH refuses to try again that s how humiliated he felt

8 hours ago, 1Virgo said:

ok Here is what happened to us. We were Retreat but thought lets try Elite breakfast - great view in the aft.  WOW.  made to feel super uncomfortable.   the Maitre D  and it was the MD asked why we were eating there instead of Luminae.  After that, service was absolute crap. Others were getting coffee/tea…we waited, and waited  When we finally got food, it looked like yesterday’s prep.    just our experience   DH refuses to try again that s how humiliated he felt

very odd . I was not aware that retreat guests could eat at the elite coffee house though 

36 minutes ago, gold1953 said:

very odd . I was not aware that retreat guests could eat at the elite coffee house though 

Anyone with Elite status or above can eat at the Elite breakfast. 

• Like 3