Is the Beyond Pool Deck Very Crowded?

mnocket

I received one of those "Just Pay Taxes & Fees" offers for an upcoming Caribbean cruise. It's for an inside cabin, which I admit I've never considered before. I consider every day on a Caribbean cruise to be a sea day since we've already been to these ports.  My thinking was we could tolerate an inside cabin since we would be spending our days on the pool deck.  However, I've read that on sea days the pool deck on Beyond gets very crowded and even finding two lounges together can be difficult.  That would be a deal breaker for us.  We hate overcrowded areas in general, but spending time walking around the pool deck searching for a lounger is a no-go. 

So what do you think?  Should we, or shouldn't we pass on this low-cost deal?  All opinions are appreciated.

1 minute ago, mnocket said:

I received one of those "Just Pay Taxes & Fees" offers for an upcoming Caribbean cruise. It's for an inside cabin, which I admit I've never considered before. I consider every day on a Caribbean cruise to be a sea day since we've already been to these ports.  My thinking was we could tolerate an inside cabin since we would be spending our days on the pool deck.  However, I've read that on sea days the pool deck on Beyond gets very crowded and even finding two lounges together can be difficult.  That would be a deal breaker for us.  We hate overcrowded areas in general, but spending time walking around the pool deck searching for a lounger is a no-go. 

So what do you think?  Should we, or shouldn't we pass on this low-cost deal?  All opinions are appreciated.

We were on the Ascent (sister ship to Beyond) in Feb. and yes, the pool deck can get very crowded.  We avoided.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Syd58 said:

We were on the Ascent (sister ship to Beyond) in Feb. and yes, the pool deck can get very crowded.  We avoided.

Thanks.  That's what I was afraid of😬

I’ve never been on a large ship’s pool deck that wasn’t crowded on a sea day except during the first few cruises we took after covid. 

On sea days we use our balcony 90% of the time for that reason alone I would not enjoy an inside room. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, styles27 said:

I’ve never been on a large ship’s pool deck that wasn’t crowded on a sea day except during the first few cruises we took after covid. 

On sea days we use our balcony 90% of the time for that reason alone I would not enjoy an inside room. 

On Caribbean cruises, definitely crowded. On Alaska cruises, not as much, depending on weather.

42 minutes ago, jelayne said:

If you want to sit right around the pool, then like most every ship it is crowded.  Move up a deck, or by the plunge pool plenty of chairs. 

and plenty of shade 

First, I just wanted to chime in and say that we had an inside on Edge last year and it was the most comfortable inside cabin we've ever had, and we've stayed in a lot of them.

Second, although the pool deck , especially near the pool, was very crowded on sea days, we never had trouble finding two seats together in the Solarium or other places further from the pool.

• Like 2

Just now, handbellplayer said:

First, I just wanted to chime in and say that we had an inside on Edge last year and it was the most comfortable inside cabin we've ever had, and we've stayed in a lot of them.

Second, although the pool deck , especially near the pool, was very crowded on sea days, we never had trouble finding two seats together in the Solarium or other places further from the pool.

I don’t want to have to hunt for 2 lounge chairs, only to be squashed in-between hordes of people.. Not my idea of a good vacation, but we’re all different…

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Syd58 said:

I don’t want to have to hunt for 2 lounge chairs, only to be squashed in-between hordes of people.. Not my idea of a good vacation, but we’re all different…

How many times have you ever cruised?  You seem to be ready not to enjoy it..

Edited by PTC DAWG

10 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

Have you ever cruised?  You seem to be ready not to enjoy it..

Many times. Just picky about our ships, suites, and where we choose to relax. Have you cruised in a suite in the Retreat or on smaller ships with Silversea, Seabourn, or Regent? 

Edited by Syd58
  • Like 1

I've never had trouble on any ship finding somewhere outside to lounge.  It won't necessarily be next to the pool, if that's important to you.  But on other decks you can find lounge chairs that are alot quieter. 

12 minutes ago, Syd58 said:

Many times. Just picky about our ships, suites, and where we choose to relax. Have you cruised in a suite in the Retreat or on smaller ships with Silversea, Seabourn, or Regent? 

I've cruised on a smaller ship for a river cruise. Worst cruise I have ever had. For many reasons. 

11 minutes ago, Syd58 said:

If you feel that way why even consider going on a mega ship with thousands of people?

I’m not being facetious but it sounds like this is not going to be enjoyable for you unless you book the retreat and even then there’s no guarantee that the pool deck won’t be busy. 

12 minutes ago, Syd58 said:

We have done both Retreat and smaller ship.  Sunny sea days areas directly around the pool are crowded.  

4 minutes ago, styles27 said:

If you feel that way why even consider going on a mega ship with thousands of people?

I’m not being facetious but it sounds like this is not going to be enjoyable for you unless you book the retreat and even then there’s no guarantee that the pool deck won’t be busy. 

We book the Retreat on Celebrity..

5 minutes ago, jelayne said:

We have done both Retreat and smaller ship.  Sunny sea days areas directly around the pool are crowded.  

True, but logistically, there can’t be as many people as the space is smaller, plus we typically go when it is less crowded.

Edited by Syd58

19 minutes ago, Syd58 said:

I have been in Retreat on E Class once, 3 times in regular cabins..I enjoyed them all.  It is not a small luxury cruise liner.  It is not giant either, I like the “feel” on Celebrity myself better than the other larger cruise lines.  

1 hour ago, handbellplayer said:

Just off the Beyond, impossible to find two seats together in the solarium on sea days unless it is very early in the morning or late at night.

1 hour ago, sanger727 said:

I've cruised on a smaller ship for a river cruise. Worst cruise I have ever had. For many reasons. 

Please tell me your experience on a small river cruise. My son and daughter-in-law want to do that next so I’m trying to gather information about it. Thank you.

39 minutes ago, Marie51 said:

Please tell me your experience on a small river cruise. My son and daughter-in-law want to do that next so I’m trying to gather information about it. Thank you.

European river cruises can be wonderful, marvelous! Other regions as well.
There is a section on cruise critic that specializes in river cruising. Very different than ocean/going cruises. Much to research. Enjoy!

• Like 2

The CHOGS are the real problem I seem to notice on the Celebrity cruises I'm on, they put their crap on a lounger and vanish for hours.  I love E-class' pool deck and pool its huge, so lots of CHOGS.

16 minutes ago, Tyler414 said:

The CHOGS are the real problem I seem to notice on the Celebrity cruises I'm on, they put their crap on a lounger and vanish for hours.  I love E-class' pool deck and pool its huge, so lots of CHOGS.

We do all inclusive resorts too and see the same behavior. Sometimes the pool attendants will watch and remove items if people don’t use the chairs they’re saving.

That’s the best to see a chair hog come back only to find their stuff with the lifeguard. lol