Reserve Crown Grill

Cherlynn

17 minutes ago, Cherlynn said:

Am I wrong, or shouldn't we be able to reserve extra dining before the cruise?  I thought I had done this in the past.  Thanks!

When you say extra, do you mean specialty dining? Or do you mean main dining room reservations ? If you’re talking about main dining room reservations, yes you may do that ahead of time and your choices will be traditional dining approximately 5 PM and 7:30 PM or the reservable/flexible dining room reservations every 20 minutes. Or a walk-in dining room and it’s just that -you walk in when you feel like you would like to eat bound by the the times that they’re open ( no reservations)

Yes,try your app or web version and book.( specialty or main dining) If you have standard fare cabin ,pay upon making a reservation.( specialty)

If you don’t have a cruise premier package you will need to pay upon reservation (specialty)if you do it pre cruise. If you have the Premier package, you should not be charged, but that’s subjective. If you have lots of onboard credit, then you probably need to wait till you get onboard ,so that you can utilize that.
Lots of different scenarios, depending on what fits your plan.

Edited by arizonaperson

Thanks for the replies!  I'm having so much trouble with the app and the website lately.  I've tried to order our medallions.  We're in a suite, so I think it's supposed to ship free.  After trying a couple of times in the last several weeks, it still won't let me.  We do have quite a bit of OBC, so I guess we'll wait until we get to the ship to make reservations.  It's a 16 night cruise, so I guess they'll fit us in somewhere!!

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Cherlynn said:

Thanks for the replies!  I'm having so much trouble with the app and the website lately.  I've tried to order our medallions.  We're in a suite, so I think it's supposed to ship free.  After trying a couple of times in the last several weeks, it still won't let me.  We do have quite a bit of OBC, so I guess we'll wait until we get to the ship to make reservations.  It's a 16 night cruise, so I guess they'll fit us in somewhere!!

Free medallion shipping is not a suite perk 

Shipping is covered by either the Plus or Premier Cruise Package. Otherwise, it's $10usd per order.  

@Cherlynn since you’re in a suite you should get embarkation night specialty dining included ( crown grill if desired) probably not a worry right now on that reservation. Sorry I missed the title of your thread. I was just looking at the extra dining part. So if you want to book more than one specialty dining, don’t know what ship you’re on, but some ships have a dedicated suite lounge and concierge, they also are able to help onboard with other specialty reservations.

Keep trying the app or web version to book if desired for additional specialty dining.

Edited by arizonaperson

20 hours ago, Cherlynn said:

I had problems with the Medallion order for a long time, then I essentially started over by hitting the order medallion section vs going back into my order through the "get ready, or all set".

If that doesn't work, you can try the web version of the app online (if you haven't already)?

https://oceanready-personalinfo-ui.prod.ocean.com/personalInformationDocuments

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jnsplace1 said:

I had problems with the Medallion order for a long time, then I essentially started over by hitting the order medallion section vs going back into my order through the "get ready, or all set".

If that doesn't work, you can try the web version of the app online (if you haven't already)?

https://oceanready-personalinfo-ui.prod.ocean.com/personalInformationDocuments

I personally like using the web version , much easier to navigate on my laptop than the phone app, for me anyway

1 minute ago, lx200gps said:

If so, why can you use it before boarding to book excursions?

@lx200gps  Because years ago booking excursions pre cruise required no payment and when they went to requiring payment there was a huge uproar so they changed it to allow OBC to be used.  Excursions are the only thing OBC can be used for pre cruise.

55 minutes ago, t&atravel said:

@lx200gps  Because years ago booking excursions pre cruise required no payment and when they went to requiring payment there was a huge uproar so they changed it to allow OBC to be used.  Excursions are the only thing OBC can be used for pre cruise.

When you didn’t have pre pay people would book tons of excursions and decide which ones to cancel once they boarded. Made it almost impossible to pre book

We're sailing in a full suite for our June 2025 Alaska cruise, so we get the free specialty dining on the first night. I wanted to book Crown Grill, but the app and the website kept showing zero availability in Crown Grill yet plenty of availability in Sabatini's. I was starting to get worried that they were getting rid of Crown Grill.

Low and behold, sometime last week, Crown Grill opened up for reservations and I was able to get a great time slot on the first night. The system was smart enough to show the price but charge us $0 since it's an included perk. Keep checking and hopefully it opens up for you as well.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, peety3 said:

We're sailing in a full suite for our June 2025 Alaska cruise, so we get the free specialty dining on the first night. I wanted to book Crown Grill, but the app and the website kept showing zero availability in Crown Grill yet plenty of availability in Sabatini's. I was starting to get worried that they were getting rid of Crown Grill.

Lo and behold, sometime last week, Crown Grill opened up for reservations and I was able to get a great time slot on the first night. The system was smart enough to show the price but charge us $0 since it's an included perk. Keep checking and hopefully it opens up for you as well.

T will still be available when you cruise. Has been for 15 years