How loud was music in public areas on Celebrity Edge?

AussieChook

I am concerned that the music in the public areas is very loud and I wanted feedback from those who’ve cruised on Edge recently. Are there any quiet spots on the ship (apart from the cabin)?

I never go on a cruise without Hear-Os. They're hearing protection ear plugs but allow you to clearly hear music and talking over loud background noise. It also keeps me from having sensory issue overload. Ten bucks on Amazon. 

https://www.amazon.com/Comfortable-Protection-Professional-Cancelling-Motorcyclists/dp/B000V9PKZA

4 hours ago, hcat said:

or not deaf yet!

loud does not improve content!

The old joke for a rock band “if you can’t play, play loud”.    In the 70’s a friend went to a rock concert.  Naturally I asked how was it?   The answer, they were fantastic.  They really played loud.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

We didn’t think it was overly loud in any of the public areas. However, in our sixth deck state room, we could hear the thumping of the bass from the live bands on the third floor. I was surprised by this!

55 minutes ago, miched said:

The old joke for a rock band “if you can’t play, play loud”.    In the 70’s a friend went to a rock concert.  Naturally I asked how was it?   The answer, they were fantastic.  They really played loud.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

great post

We sailed on the Edge in May '24, and I did find it loud in the public areas.  There are basically two open music venues - Eden and the Atrium by the Martini Bar.  Both these areas are open to three levels.  It was interesting that when I sat in the Martini Bar, I found the sound level of the band enjoyable, but when seated at Cafe Bacio one deck up, I found it loud and a bit annoying.  Same in Eden - when sitting at the bar area in Eden the music sound level was fine, but while dining one level below at the Eden restaurant, the music was too loud.  It might just be the acoustics, but it was noticeable to me.

Even outside Blu is loud.  There is a sitting area just across from Blu (where there is the large block letters spelling out EDEN for a photo opp).  Blu is enclosed by a small link chain curtain, so the normal conversation din from the restaurant flows thru the chain link curtain out into the passage way leading towards Eden.  It just make the area that much louder during the breakfast and dinner service.

I do wish that there was a bar on the Edge that you could just hang out in without a zillion of your fellow passengers walking by.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, AussieChook said:

I am concerned that the music in the public areas is very loud and I wanted feedback from those who’ve cruised on Edge recently. Are there any quiet spots on the ship (apart from the cabin)?

During the day I never found the open areas to be loud.  Cafe il Bacio is a nice place to sit during the day, lunch at Le Grand Bistro, which is wide open to the atrium area, is a quiet spot to enjoy lunch.  In the evening though, very different, the martini bar area is loud and usually gets very crowded and the noise definitely carries up.  Same for Eden, in my experience.

Thank you to everyone who replied and yes I’m retired but that doesn’t mean that younger people will endure loud music. We will be taking ear plugs. My concern was following an NCL cruise a couple of years ago where very loud music was played continuously throughout the ship which we had to endure for a week - it was too cold to go outside being in the Baltics. We’d never had this on RCL or Celebrity ships before.

10 hours ago, Ellis1138 said:

I never go on a cruise without Hear-Os. They're hearing protection ear plugs but allow you to clearly hear music and talking over loud background noise. It also keeps me from having sensory issue overload. Ten bucks on Amazon. 

https://www.amazon.com/Comfortable-Protection-Professional-Cancelling-Motorcyclists/dp/B000V9PKZA

Thank you Ellis - good advice and we'll be taking earplugs for sure

• Like 1

On 9/13/2024 at 11:26 PM, AussieChook said:

We did the Edge Alaska in June 2024 and all public areas were not loud.  I was a bit worried as the only seat one night was in the Martini Bar right next to the trap set.  I was impressed, they were like a synthetic or electric trap set and was a perfect volume.

Thanks Scott, that’s reassuring. In fact we’ve changed our cabin from an oceanview (looking over the bow) to a deck 9 infinite cabin so we’ll be fine. It was being on board for 18 nights and dealing with loud noise that was worrying me!

There may be calm spots on board X- ships - and I am - well rather was-  a big big fan of X.

I not in my dotting years as of yet- but their ships got louder by the year- which is not my kind of shoe- so I moved on ( Cunard) , with the occaisonell return to X. I quite understand why X driffted more into the direction of Party Ships- they needed to attract a younger clientel to surrive- since their old fans thinned out a bit.

Edited by Germancruiser

Thanks for responding Maggie - since posting my question we’ve changed cabins to a veranda and on deck 9 so the noise won’t be an issue anymore as we can escape it! But I really don’t know why music has to be so loud as it drowns out conversation. I’m doing the Transpacific next April so it’ll be warm enough to sit outside in the evenings.

On 9/14/2024 at 11:15 AM, jelayne said:

The Grand Plaza can get very loud at times in the evening, particularly if it is Silent Disco night or time for the light show and martini pour.  

That seems like an oxymoron that it would loud on Silent Disco night. 🤔