The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday September 15th, 2024

StLouisCruisers

Today is Google.com Day, Greenpeace Day, and International Day of Democracy

A sure cure for seasickness is to sit under a tree. - Spike Milligan

Meal Suggestion for today - Easy Grilled Shrimp with Cilantro Salsa Verde
Drink of the Day - Cognac Margarita
Wine of the Day - Pavie Macquin 2020 (750ML)
Destination of the Day - Antalya, Turkey

Today in History:
1821 Act of Independence of Central America: Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras & Nicaragua declare their independence from the Spanish Empire

Ship Locations

Eurodam --- 7 days, round-trip Alaska Explorer

At Sea Destination Juneau, Alaska eta 09-16

Koningsdam --- 7 days, round-trip Alaska Inside Passage

At Sea Destination Tracy Arm/Endicott Arm/Juneau AK eta 09-16

Nieuw Amsterdam --- 7 days, one-way from Whittier to Vancouver

Whittier, Alaska   0100-1930

Nieuw Statendam --- 14 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Civitavecchia-Rome

Cadiz, Spain   1100-2100

Noordam --- 14 days, round-trip Great Alaska Explorer

Vancouver, BC, Canada  0700-1600

Oosterdam --- 11 days, one-way from Piraeus-Athens to Barcelona

Civatavecchia (Rome), Italy   0700-2200

Rotterdam --- 7 days, round-trip Viking Sagas

At Sea Destination Oslo, Norway eta 09-16

Volendam --- 10 days, one-way from Boston to Montreal

Corner Brook, Newfoundland   1000-2300

Zaandam --- 7 days, round-trip Alaska Inside Passage

Glacier Bay, Alaska   0700-1600

Zuiderdam --- 7 days, one-way from Quebec City to Boston

Quebec City, Quebec  overnight depart 1500

Eastern Hemisphere

Westerdam --- 53 days, round-trip Majestic Japan

At Sea Destination Kushiro, Japan eta 09-17

image.thumb.png.5ba6379d768ef932d34821b37e530747.png

image.thumb.png.47c86d4589b0f9e8c3c4480d39aca51d.png

• Like 19
  • Thanks 21

Good morning friends!  This morning it is 64F here in the Cincinnati suburbs.  The high will again rise to about 88F with sunny skies.  It was pretty hot yesterday and looks like we will have a repeat.

Thanks Rich @richwmn for the Fleet Report and Daily information.  Several interesting days to recognize such as Google.com Day though I prefer other more private search engines, Greenpeace Day and International  Day of Democracy Day.  I found through a short search that it is also Wife Appreciation Day and World Engineers Day.  I will second those two days since both are very important groups of people to respect.  The quote may be true but it’s sure not as much fun!  The meal sounds good if you can eat cilantro, no thanks to the drink and I once again have no idea what type of wine that is.  Quite a movement in 1821 in Central America to split from Spain.  I wonder how those countries would have fared if they hadn’t split from Spain?  Time to thank our Food and Beverage ladies, Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope and Ann @cat shepard for their hard work keeping us informed.

Prayers this morning for my DB, the people of Israel and Ukraine, the hostages still held and our military members in harm’s way.🙏  Also for Roy, Chuck and Annie, Tana and Terry, Vanessa, Ann and Pat, Joy’s DS Bonnie, Nancy’s DB Nick, Melisa and her DH, Jacqui, Elizabeth, Terry and Jim, and Carol and Sam. 🙏 I’m so very sorry to hear Sam is in such pain and hope the hospice gives him comfort and peace.  Carol, I know you want what’s best for him. Cheers to all celebrating special events, cruising and preparing to cruise. 🚢 Thank you Vanessa @JazzyVfor the list work again.  I hope that leg is doing better today.  Keep doing what you’re doing and I hope that helps get you back up on your feet and all healed up.👍

The port of the day is a new one, Antalya, Turkey.  I am sure I haven’t visited there before on my travels.  I have no links to show you and no photos, so I hope someone here can come up with some from their stop there.

Yesterday was a whirl of activity and it ended late.  The wedding was beautiful of course as was the bride and the beaming groom.  The music was so LOUD!  Those people really like to dance.  There was a dance for all married couples.  Gradually the DJ asked those married less than a year to step off the dance floor, then 1 year, 5 years all the way up to 55 years.  That’s when DH and I and Ashley’s paternal grandparents were the last two couples left on the dance floor. 🥂 Everyone gave the four of us a big cheer and they all jumped back in and continued to dance till the late hours.  Here’s a photo of the happy couple right after becoming husband and wife.

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhG

I hope all here enjoy their Sunday, and try to stay safe and well.  Good wishes to all the travelers today including several in my own family. ♥️

• Like 35
  • Thanks 10

Cognac Margarita cocktail:

If you're looking for a unique twist on the Classic Margarita, try making a Cognac Margarita. This delicious cocktail combines the bold, rich flavor of cognac with the tartness of lime and the sweetness of orange liqueur. It's a sophisticated drink that's perfect for sipping on a warm evening or impressing guests at a party.
Ingredients:
1/2 oz. cointreau liqueur
1 oz. lime juice
1/2 oz. simple syrup
2 oz. cognac
Directions:
Rim a rocks glass with salt by rubbing a lime wedge around the rim and dipping it into a small dish of salt.
In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, combine the cognac, lime juice, orange liqueur, and simple syrup. Shake vigorously to combine the ingredients and chill the drink.
Strain the mixture into the salt-rimmed glass filled with ice and garnish with a lime wedge(optional).

Screenshot 2024-09-15 at 5.52.52 AM.png

• Like 12
  • Thanks 18

Today’s Care List:

StLouisCruisers with a health issue, awaiting test results

Mamaofami’s DH Sam having pain, in home hospice

JazzyV battling cellulitis

Ottahand7’s DB with a swollen knee post TKR, on IV abx, PE, at rehab

Rafinmd (Roy) discharged to rehab

Hoping Nicklepenny is ok

Heat, Fires and Storms across the US. Those in the path of Francine.

Citizens of Ukraine, Israel and Gaza, hostages still held

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

From the Rotation:

Tana with chronic pulmonary issues, weakness, poor appetite

Seasick Sailor’s DSis Bonnie with breast cancer, awaiting pathology results

NextOne’s DSIL Sandy dx’d with metastatic cancer

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Smitty34877’s DB spending time with the family, helping out

Sharon in AZ with good eye exam after new floater & flashing in one eye

Kazu moved into new home

Aliaschief and family in Hawaii

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

3 days for St Pete Cruiser (Serenade of the Seas Sept 18 to Sept 22) 4d Caribbean

Tbay (Volendam to Sept 21) 11 Night Newfoundland & New England Discovery, celebrating 50th Anniversary, Lindaler (Westerdam to Oct 24) 53d Majestic Japan, Richwmn (Westerdam to Oct 24) 53d Majestic Japan, Seasick Sailor (Westerdam to Oct 24) 53d Majestic Japan – celebrating her birthday and their 33rd wedding anniversary, USN59-79 (Westerdam to Oct 24) 53d Majestic Japan and Gail & Marty sailing away (Rotterdam to Oct 27) 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 27

Thank you for today's daily reports Sandi @StLouisCruisers.Father David asked me to give you his best wishes Sandi and he will say a personal prayer for you back at the vicarage.

3 important days and funny quote.

We had a lovely church service today.

Best wishes to all Dailyites.

IMG_20240915_100650.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 4

Good morning.  Thanks for the Report.

A little warmer here this morning than usual, already 16°C (61°F) and it's still dark.  We should get to 28°C (82°F) this afternoon.  It's still summer.🙂

Good days to celebrate. 

I like the quote, it's so obvious.

I'll pass on the meal (don't like cilantro).  I'll try the drink.  Hope the wine is good.

Prayers for so many.  @mamaofami Prayers for you and Sam.

Cheers for all the celebrations.  @StLouisCruisers I'm glad you enjoyed the wedding.  Lovely picture of the couple.  May they enjoy many years of love and happiness.

Hope everyone has a peaceful day.

• Like 27
  • Thanks 2

Good Sunday Morning Dailyites!  Up early to watch the F1 race.  We have been out the last 2 nights enjoying time with friends and music.  Last night was the 40th Anniversary party/concert for William Ransom who created the Atlanta Chamber Ensemble Group.  The hall was full of music loving people.  We took Donna, and found out that she studied piano when she was young.  There are two pianos in her house,but she never said she played., only that her mother had played. 

The night before we saw the Princess Bride with the ASO providing the music soundtrack.  Sometimes they were so loud you could not hear the words of the characters, so they did have it subtitled.   And Popeyes turned out alright.  But it took 39 minutes to get our food, slowest fast food I ever had.

I did try to keep Quiffy company, but after she bit my butt, and my hip, I gave up and went back to the sofa.  We are going to try her in the bedroom, maybe if there are two of us, she will only try to kill one of us at a time. 

Hugs to all.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Good morning and thanks for the daily update.  We have a choice of three important days to recognize.  

The quote is kind of funny and practical at the same time.

The meal sounds good but I would pass on the drink.

I haven’t been to today’s port.  

Prayers for those on the prayer list today.  Cheers to everyone celebrating happy events!  @StLouisCruisers, your granddaughter made a beautiful bride with her dashing husband.  It sounds like a fun time was had by all!

• Like 24
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  This morning it is 64F here in the Cincinnati suburbs.  The high will again rise to about 88F with sunny skies.  It was pretty hot yesterday and looks like we will have a repeat.

Thanks Rich @richwmn for the Fleet Report and Daily information.  Several interesting days to recognize such as Google.com Day though I prefer other more private search engines, Greenpeace Day and International  Day of Democracy Day.  I found through a short search that it is also Wife Appreciation Day and World Engineers Day.  I will second those two days since both are very important groups of people to respect.  The quote may be true but it’s sure not as much fun!  The meal sounds good if you can eat cilantro, no thanks to the drink and I once again have no idea what type of wine that is.  Quite a movement in 1821 in Central America to split from Spain.  I wonder how those countries would have fared if they hadn’t split from Spain?  Time to thank our Food and Beverage ladies, Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope and Ann @cat shepard for their hard work keeping us informed.

Prayers this morning for my DB, the people of Israel and Ukraine, the hostages still held and our military members in harm’s way.🙏  Also for Roy, Chuck and Annie, Tana and Terry, Vanessa, Ann and Pat, Joy’s DS Bonnie, Nancy’s DB Nick, Melisa and her DH, Jacqui, Elizabeth, Terry and Jim, and Carol and Sam. 🙏 I’m so very sorry to hear Sam is in such pain and hope the hospice gives him comfort and peace.  Carol, I know you want what’s best for him. Cheers to all celebrating special events, cruising and preparing to cruise. 🚢 Thank you Vanessa @JazzyVfor the list work again.  I hope that leg is doing better today.  Keep doing what you’re doing and I hope that helps get you back up on your feet and all healed up.👍

The port of the day is a new one, Antalya, Turkey.  I am sure I haven’t visited there before on my travels.  I have no links to show you and no photos, so I hope someone here can come up with some from their stop there.

Yesterday was a whirl of activity and it ended late.  The wedding was beautiful of course as was the bride and the beaming groom.  The music was so LOUD!  Those people really like to dance.  There was a dance for all married couples.  Gradually the DJ asked those married less than a year to step off the dance floor, then 1 year, 5 years all the way up to 55 years.  That’s when DH and I and Ashley’s paternal grandparents were the last two couples left on the dance floor. 🥂 Everyone gave the four of us a big cheer and they all jumped back in and continued to dance till the late hours.  Here’s a photo of the happy couple right after becoming husband and wife.

I hope all here enjoy their Sunday, and try to stay safe and well.  Good wishes to all the travelers today including several in my own family. ♥️

Pauline asked me to say 

Ashley looks gorgeous and so classy.

Lovely photo Sandi.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for today’s FR&D, Sandi - for Rich! Sandi! What a special picture of Ashley & Christopher! Thank you for sharing!

Yesterday ended up being a decent day, though we did have a late afternoon downpour and some evening sprinkles. I could see stars & planets this morning!

Vanessa, praying that your leg pain soon goes the way of your dizziness! I loved reading that you finally seem to have licked that!  Thank you for keeping up with all of us!

Gym, Bindi walks, more yard work and a review of my kitchen gadget drawer. I have a bunch that I never use - it is time to donate them. 

IMG_3397.jpeg.e0795319fbeb52fbc009f67829ec7fe4.jpeg

IMG_3427.jpeg.776f9093d0cc190bd7e0f8605094bd76.jpeg

IMG_3429.jpeg.1832e7f7ceb0314fd41c9c5a8dcaa848.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Praying for Tana, Terry & DB, Bonnie, Melisa & DH, Chuck & Annie, Nancy’s  DB - Nick, Pat & Ann, Roy, Jacqui, Terri & Jim and all our caregivers. 

Cheers to all who are celebrating. 

May we each find a reason to smile today!

Château Pavie Macquin 2020

The winemaker doesn’t have much to say, but the critics’ reviews speak volumes. I expected a much heftier price tag. Still outside of my budget, but maybe not yours. I would love a taste. Online prices start at $87.97.

Winemaker Notes

Blend: 80% Merlot, 20% Cabernet Franc

• 100Vinous
    The 2020 Pavie Macquin is sensational. Rich, dark and explosive, the 2020 balances the natural richness that is such a signature of the estate with a level of energy and vibrancy I have not seen here in the recent past. The result is a towering, imposing Pavie Macquin that hugely delivers. In this vintage, regisseur Nicolas Thienpont did not use the Cabernet Sauvignon, so the blend is 80% Merlot and 20% Cabernet Franc, with the Franc lending aromatic presence, energy and depth. What a total knock out! - Antonio Galloni
  • 98James Suckling
    I have never had a Pavie Macquin like this. It’s so fresh and vivid with black cherry, currant and raspberry character, as well as citrus. Some mineral and spice. Salt, too. The palate is full and linear with a verticality that takes you so deep and long. Endless. Transparent.
  • 97Decanter
    Vivid and vibrant nose, full of rose petals, lilac floral edges, strawberries and black cherries. Forward, expressive, perfumed, alive. Sensual on the palate, smooth, velvety soft, intense but well balanced with a gorgeous plush, mouthful of ripe tannins. Really very good with the right intensity, structure and push. Powerful but controlled, poised yet plush, wild and raw yet pretty too with tons of energy and St-Emilion glamour. Has a core of juicy, bright red fruits with a grainy, herbal edge to the strawberries, a lovely bitterness, and edges of liquorice, slate and wet stone - nuanced and aromatic. I love this, they haven't pushed too far and the acidity is brilliant. Clean and precise.
  • 96Jeb Dunnuck

The dense purple-hued 2020 Château Pavie Macquin checks in as a blend of 80% Merlot and 20% Cabernet Franc from yields of 31 hectoliters per hectare and a selection of 85% of the production. Incredibly pure cassis and blueberry fruits as well as complex spring flowers, liquid violets, white truffle, and a liqueur of limestone-like minerality define the aromatics, and it's medium to full-bodied on the palate, with ultra-fine tannins, the vintage's pure, focused, structured profile, and a great finish. As in most vintages, this beauty is not for instant gratification and needs 7-8 years, if not a decade of cellaring to show its potential. It's another true vin de garde from the team of Nicolas Thienpont (Stéphane Derenoncourt also consults) that readers will love to have in their cellar.
    Rating: 96+

• 96Wine Enthusiast
    This full wine’s ripe black fruits are velvety in texture and density. Inherently powerful, the wine keeps a great sense of proportion and balance. It has good acidity, with the freshness and balance coming together.
  • 95Robert Parker's Wine Advocate

The 2020 Pavie Macquin is performing well in bottle, unwinding in the glass with aromas of sweet raspberries and cherries mingled with notions of orange zest, violets, spices, bay leaf and vine smoke. Medium to full-bodied, layered and concentrated, it's deep and fleshy, its ample core of fruit framed by youthfully firm, chalky tannins. As usual, it's more structured than Larcis Ducasse, and it remains a bottling that will demand some patience, even if the Thienpont team have subtly eased off on extraction over the last few vintages, a welcome trend that I hope will be pushed further.
    Rating: 95+

• 95Wine Spectator

Very expressive, with a lovely violet and cassis set of aromas and flavors that spill forth, though this keeps focus and form, as subtle minerality and a very fine-grained structure allows this to flow gracefully through the finish. Merlot and Cabernet Franc.

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 14
  • Haha 2

Good morning, everyone!

We have a chilly start to what is promised to be a warm day.  Nothing on the agenda today as we will be recovering from yesterday.  We'll be going north again on Thursday for my dental appointment and then again Saturday for River's soccer game.  It is actually quite fun to do this.  

@StLouisCruisers Your DGD and her new DH are a very handsome couple. She made a beautiful bride.  

@JazzyV Hoping the leg is less painful and swollen today.

@rafinmd Roy, I hope you are stronger each day and that you will soon be able to return home.

@smitty34877 I hope you got a good night's sleep and that today goes smoothly for Tana.

@kazu  How's the unpacking and settling in going?   I'm sure Ivan is a big help.

@Nickelpenny Let us know you are ok.

Today's meal sounds tasty!  If you can't do cilantro, just use all parsley.  I think this dish has to go on next week's dinner menu.  Grilled Shrimp with Salsa Verde

grilledshrimpwithsalsaverde1.jpg.796882401411a12f5656d2f7c5054e54.jpg

This one uses lemon instead of lime.  Grilled Lemon Shrimp with Salsa Verde

grilledshrimpwithsalsaverde2.thumb.jpg.3c9e5d4003b1d4d85b9f917d85e44d0b.jpg

This next one suggests swapping out the cilantro for basil for those who can't tolerate the cilantro.  I like the whole head of roasted garlic in this one.  You can never get too much garlic.  Grilled Shrimp with Garlic Salsa Verde

grilledshrimpwithsalsaverde3.thumb.jpg.1c9da7d563696e7d39bfa87b6906d00d.jpg

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

• Like 19
  • Thanks 15

Happy Sunday. Thanks for the Daily and Fleet reports. 

Today I am off to church and then home to finish grading assignments. My arm is extremely sore from the flu shot. The COVID shot arm is fine. This coming Saturday, my nephew is getting married. I am so excited for him and his bride. I only wish that his mom, my oldest sister and his uncle, my oldest brother were here to see him. I know they are with him in spirit. 

Thinking of all on the care list. 

Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

Sunday Mornings Be Like meme - Chameleon Memes

• Like 29

Good Morning from a cloudy and warm day at the beach

Good collection of days. I have never been to todays port. We are having grilled shrimp for dinner.

@StLouisCruisers  What a beautiful bride! She really looked elegant. I wish them every wish for health and happiness.  Safe travels home.

@rafinmd   Hope you are feeling stronger today.

Went out to dinner with some good friends last nite. It was wonderful. Then we went to the Comedy club which was horrible! Not sure why the "comedian"  thought it necessary to scream everything and jump all over the stage. Too much for me!

We are busy planning excursions etc for the WC. It is a little overwhelming. Not complaining, I am very blessed to be able to go at all!

Have a wonderful Sunday.

Stay safe and enjoy today

Charlene

• Like 25
  • Thanks 2

Good sunny morning. It’s going to be a beautiful day. Rain is coming on Tuesday.

The church service today is outdoor on the front lawn with a catered lunch to follow, in celebration of the 275th anniversary. 
@Crazy For Cats, Jake I hope everything is okay and the kids are behaving.

Blessings and prayers to all on our journey.

• Like 25

This morning at 11 we are going to a brunch with Ashley and Chris, that my DD set up.  It will be 15 of us - DD, her DH, DS and DDIL, my nieces Amy and Lisa, and 5 of the 6 grandkids along with Morgan's boyfriend.  One grandson who won't be there is flying to Cabo right now with his soon-to-be fiancé - another trip he won at work.  (He's very good in sales).😁  This time we can actually all talk and be heard and in a much more intimate setting.  Everybody is heading for home after that except for us.  Our drive is too long to start out late in the day.  We don't like getting home at night so we leave tomorrow  morning. 

2 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

What a beautiful picture @StLouisCruisers, sounds like you had a wonderful time. Safe travels home.

Thank you Elizabeth!  It was fun and I can still hear this morning so that's good news.  I'm hoping for no accidents and less back ups tomorrow.

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you for today's daily reports Sandi @StLouisCruisers.Father David asked me to give you his best wishes Sandi and he will say a personal prayer for you back at the vicarage.

3 important days and funny quote.

We had a lovely church service today.

Best wishes to all Dailyites.

IMG_20240915_100650.jpg

I appreciate Father David taking time to say a special prayer for me.  Hoping those test results come back soon with good news.

1 hour ago, puppycanducruise said:

Good morning.  Thanks for the Report.

A little warmer here this morning than usual, already 16°C (61°F) and it's still dark.  We should get to 28°C (82°F) this afternoon.  It's still summer.🙂

Good days to celebrate. 

I like the quote, it's so obvious.

I'll pass on the meal (don't like cilantro).  I'll try the drink.  Hope the wine is good.

Prayers for so many.  @mamaofami Prayers for you and Sam.

Cheers for all the celebrations.  @StLouisCruisers I'm glad you enjoyed the wedding.  Lovely picture of the couple.  May they enjoy many years of love and happiness.

Hope everyone has a peaceful day.

Thank you Melanie for your kind words.  I wish them the same.  They've been together 5 years already and I think they were made for each other.

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Pauline asked me to say 

Ashley looks gorgeous and so classy.

Lovely photo Sandi.

That means a lot to me since I know Pauline has such great taste.  I will tell Ashley she has admirers in England!  Tell Pauline thank you.

35 minutes ago, dfish said:

Good morning, everyone!

We have a chilly start to what is promised to be a warm day.  Nothing on the agenda today as we will be recovering from yesterday.  We'll be going north again on Thursday for my dental appointment and then again Saturday for River's soccer game.  It is actually quite fun to do this.  

@StLouisCruisers Your DGD and her new DH are a very handsome couple. She made a beautiful bride.  

@JazzyV Hoping the leg is less painful and swollen today.

@rafinmd Roy, I hope you are stronger each day and that you will soon be able to return home.

@smitty34877 I hope you got a good night's sleep and that today goes smoothly for Tana.

@kazu  How's the unpacking and settling in going?   I'm sure Ivan is a big help.

@Nickelpenny Let us know you are ok.

Today's meal sounds tasty!  If you can't do cilantro, just use all parsley.  I think this dish has to go on next week's dinner menu.  Grilled Shrimp with Salsa Verde

grilledshrimpwithsalsaverde1.jpg.796882401411a12f5656d2f7c5054e54.jpg

This one uses lemon instead of lime.  Grilled Lemon Shrimp with Salsa Verde

grilledshrimpwithsalsaverde2.thumb.jpg.3c9e5d4003b1d4d85b9f917d85e44d0b.jpg

This next one suggests swapping out the cilantro for basil for those who can't tolerate the cilantro.  I like the whole head of roasted garlic in this one.  You can never get too much garlic.  Grilled Shrimp with Garlic Salsa Verde

grilledshrimpwithsalsaverde3.thumb.jpg.1c9da7d563696e7d39bfa87b6906d00d.jpg

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

Debbie, the recipes look good!  Great idea about substituting parsley or basil for the cilantro.  Thank you for your comments about the bride and groom.  They are very happy together along with their precious German shepherd Finn.  I loved the photo of River playing soccer.  It's so great you and Sue can get up to see her play.  I'm sure it makes her feel loved and more secure with your support. 

Face sticks for photos.  Chris, Finn and Ashley

13 minutes ago, cunnorl said:

Good Morning from a cloudy and warm day at the beach

Good collection of days. I have never been to todays port. We are having grilled shrimp for dinner.

@StLouisCruisers  What a beautiful bride! She really looked elegant. I wish them every wish for health and happiness.  Safe travels home.

@rafinmd   Hope you are feeling stronger today.

Went out to dinner with some good friends last nite. It was wonderful. Then we went to the Comedy club which was horrible! Not sure why the "comedian"  thought it necessary to scream everything and jump all over the stage. Too much for me!

We are busy planning excursions etc for the WC. It is a little overwhelming. Not complaining, I am very blessed to be able to go at all!

Have a wonderful Sunday.

Stay safe and enjoy today

Charlene

Charlene, thank you.  I wish I had a good photo of that gown.  It fit her so well.  On the sides of the bodice under the arms it was cut in a V.  Here's a photo of her Dad walking her down the "aisle".  The sun was peeping through the trees making photo taking difficult from that vantage point, but it was the best we could do.

• Like 28
  • Thanks 4

6 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

This morning at 11 we are going to a brunch with Ashley and Chris, that my DD set up.  It will be 15 of us - DD, her DH, DS and DDIL, my nieces Amy and Lisa, and 5 of the 6 grandkids along with Morgan's boyfriend.  One grandson who won't be there is flying to Cabo right now with his soon-to-be fiancé - another trip he won at work.  (He's very good in sales).😁  This time we can actually all talk and be heard and in a much more intimate setting.  Everybody is heading for home after that except for us.  Our drive is too long to start out late in the day.  We don't like getting home at night so we leave tomorrow  morning. 

Thank you Elizabeth!  It was fun and I can still hear this morning so that's good news.  I'm hoping for no accidents and less back ups tomorrow.

I appreciate Father David taking time to say a special prayer for me.  Hoping those test results come back soon with good news.

Thank you Melanie for your kind words.  I wish them the same.  They've been together 5 years already and I think they were made for each other.

That means a lot to me since I know Pauline has such great taste.  I will tell Ashley she has admirers in England!  Tell Pauline thank you.

Debbie, the recipes look good!  Great idea about substituting parsley or basil for the cilantro.  Thank you for your comments about the bride and groom.  They are very happy together along with their precious German shepherd Finn.  I loved the photo of River playing soccer.  It's so great you and Sue can get up to see her play.  I'm sure it makes her feel loved and more secure with your support. 

Face sticks for photos.  Chris, Finn and Ashley

Charlene, thank you.  I wish I had a good photo of that gown.  It fit her so well.  On the sides of the bodice under the arms it was cut in a V.  Here's a photo of her Dad walking her down the "aisle".  The sun was peeping through the trees making photo taking difficult from that vantage point, but it was the best we could do.

Thank you Sandi.

Lovely photo.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1