CBD Infused Hair Product

kalmich

This is from Carnival's website:  

Prohibited Items

• Any illegal narcotics/drugs including synthetic, designer drugs, marijuana, cannabis and cannabis derivatives such as Cannabidiol (CBD) items which may be labeled as medical marijuana. While certain CBD products used for medicinal purposes may be legal in the U.S. based on state and local laws, they are not legal under U.S. federal law and in all the ports we visit and therefore are also considered prohibited items. 

Why would you consider taking the chance?

3 hours ago, 9tee2Sea said:

I would not risk it.  Some countries won't even let you wear camouflage clothes.

there is a very good reason for this. It is restricted for military (read: non-civilian) use. 

Only in the United States and possibly some rural parts of Canada is this considered acceptable public attire. 

Edited by UPNYGuy
  • Like 1

In the "old days" I probably would have taken  the hair spray if it was something I needed but these days,

FORGET IT!  (especially with CBD infused marked on it.

It's not worth worrying about whether it will taken or not and these days.

6 hours ago, UPNYGuy said:

there is a very good reason for this. It is restricted for military (read: non-civilian) use. 

Only in the United States and possibly some rural parts of Canada is this considered acceptable public attire. 

You can wear camo in the UK, France, and Germany.  

9 hours ago, vwrestler171 said:

You can wear camo in the UK, France, and Germany.  

Yes, but it is not considered a social norm to do so. I have a relative who used to live in Germany and would venture over there frequently. I have never come across people wearing camo in Germany, France, and the UK as much as I do in the USA. 

1 hour ago, DeniseTr said:

I think the CBD thing is relatively new. I used a CBD salve on my cruises from 2018 to 2020, but it's  likely that pot has become so commonplace that the dogs were alerting to CBD too often, so they banned it all.

I'd agree, not worth taking the risk.

The issue is in states like mine CBD products can legally be made from marijuana, not just hemp.  

20 hours ago, UPNYGuy said:

Yes, but it is not considered a social norm to do so. I have a relative who used to live in Germany and would venture over there frequently. I have never come across people wearing camo in Germany, France, and the UK as much as I do in the USA. 

Plenty of camo being worn here in germany

On 9/16/2024 at 3:19 PM, crusin okie said:

This is from Carnival's website:  

Prohibited Items

• Any illegal narcotics/drugs including synthetic, designer drugs, marijuana, cannabis and cannabis derivatives such as Cannabidiol (CBD) items which may be labeled as medical marijuana. While certain CBD products used for medicinal purposes may be legal in the U.S. based on state and local laws, they are not legal under U.S. federal law and in all the ports we visit and therefore are also considered prohibited items. 

Why would you consider taking the chance?

1) I would not take it.

2) Carnivals website is wrong. Numerous CBD products are legal under US federal law. (1)

3) Carnivals website is wrong #2 - it isn't illegal in all the ports they visit. (2)

(1) 2018 Agriculture Improvement Act. This law removed hemp from the federal Controlled Substances Act, legalizing CBD if it comes from hemp.

(2)  In Mexico, CBD is legal for use, provided it contains no more than 0.1% THC

It does not matter whether someone thinks Carnival is wrong or right or whether Carnival is following other country laws or not.  Carnival says it is not allowed.  Period.  To risk a ban for life seems like an extreme option to me….but that is just my opinion, I tend to follow rules.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

54 minutes ago, aborgman said:

1) I would not take it.

2) Carnivals website is wrong. Numerous CBD products are legal under US federal law. (1)

3) Carnivals website is wrong #2 - it isn't illegal in all the ports they visit. (2)

(1) 2018 Agriculture Improvement Act. This law removed hemp from the federal Controlled Substances Act, legalizing CBD if it comes from hemp.

(2)  In Mexico, CBD is legal for use, provided it contains no more than 0.1% THC

Not really accurate.  Under federal law, CBD products can contain as much as 0.3% THC to be considered legal (so even higher than Mexico).  As stated in Carnival's policies, under federal laws, port facilities are federal facilities, and as such are drug free zones, as are all ships of all nations that are signatory to the STCW (133 nations).  As such drug free zones, no one is allowed to have any drugs onboard, and since the CBD product may have up to 0.3% THC, it is a "dangerous drug" (the THC), and therefore not allowed.  Since CBD products in the US are not subject to FDA testing, there is no guarantee that even so called "THC free" CBD products are actually THC free, or even under the federal limit, or even from hemp.

There have been cases where the USCG has done drug testing on US mariners, and found THC, even though the mariner has only used CBD products, and they subsequently lost their mariner's documents.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, aborgman said:

1) I would not take it.

What is your point?  Carnival is saying "Don't bring it on my ships".  That is all a passenger needs to know.  It does not matter whether it is "legal" or not.  Many / most items that are not allowed on the ship are legal to own but not allowed on a ship.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, chengkp75 said:

Not really accurate.  Under federal law, CBD products can contain as much as 0.3% THC to be considered legal (so even higher than Mexico).  As stated in Carnival's policies, under federal laws, port facilities are federal facilities, and as such are drug free zones, as are all ships of all nations that are signatory to the STCW (133 nations).  As such drug free zones, no one is allowed to have any drugs onboard, and since the CBD product may have up to 0.3% THC, it is a "dangerous drug" (the THC), and therefore not allowed.  Since CBD products in the US are not subject to FDA testing, there is no guarantee that even so called "THC free" CBD products are actually THC free, or even under the federal limit, or even from hemp.

There have been cases where the USCG has done drug testing on US mariners, and found THC, even though the mariner has only used CBD products, and they subsequently lost their mariner's documents.

1) Port facilities are federal facilities - and CBD is legal in those port facilities.

2) There have not been drug testing on US mariners, that found THC, even though the mariner has only used CBD products.

There has been testing on US mariners, that found THC, because the mariner used a THC product they falsely believed had only CBD products. No one got any THC from CBD.

1 hour ago, crusin okie said:

What is your point?  Carnival is saying "Don't bring it on my ships".  That is all a passenger needs to know.  It does not matter whether it is "legal" or not.  Many / most items that are not allowed on the ship are legal to own but not allowed on a ship.

My point is that while Carnival is perfectly within their rights to prevent you from bringing it on board, they are making false statements about WHY you aren't allowed to bring it on.

You shouldn't bring it on because it may be contminated with THC which is federally illegal? Absolutely true.

You shouldn't bring it on because it is illegal in SOME of the ports visited by Carnival? Absolutely true.

You shouldn't bring it on because it is against Carnival policy/rules? Absolutely true.

It's against Carnival rules BECAUSE it is federally illegal? Absolutely false.

It's against Carnival rules BECAUSE it's illegal in ALL ports they visit? Absolutely false.