Very Odd Check-in Situation

handbellplayer

The check-in date for our 11/2 Beyond cruise has shown as 9/18 since we booked. Now some folks on another social media site are saying that their check-in date is shown as 9/17 (with screenshots to prove it).  Has anyone else ever experienced this?  This seems pretty unfair to me.  (I should mention that this isn't an issue for me, because we're in the Retreat, but I wouldn't be happy if I wasn't.)

13 minutes ago, handbellplayer said:

The check-in date for our 11/2 Beyond cruise has shown as 9/18 since we booked. Now some folks on another social media site are saying that their check-in date is shown as 9/17 (with screenshots to prove it).  Has anyone else ever experienced this?  This seems pretty unfair to me.  (I should mention that this isn't an issue for me, because we're in the Retreat, but I wouldn't be happy if I wasn't.)

Are some on computer and some on app? I find one shows the correct date and the other doesn't - I can't remember which is which (some may) but the later date is the correct one. My last check in one platform had one date and the other had a different one but the check in wasn't available until the later.

2 minutes ago, Lena11033 said:

Are some on computer and some on app? I find one shows the correct date and the other doesn't - I can't remember which is which (some may) but the later date is the correct one. My last check in one platform had one date and the other had a different one but the check in wasn't available until the later.

The screen shot I saw was from the app, but mine shows 9/18 on both. I suspect the later date is correct and some folks are going to be disappointed when they stay up tonight to try to check in.

I agree with @PTC DAWG  We usually don’t stay up late to checkin and only once got the 2:30 PM boarding time and that was when I checked in about  10 days before the cruise.  When that happened we arrived earlier and NICELY asked if we could board earlier. No problem. We waited a few minutes. 

1 hour ago, PTC DAWG said:

It’s really not that big of a deal..

Especially since they don't verify your check in time...We have found the check in process to be so streamlined that there's virtually no wait at all...although, we did wait to get on the ship on Reflection...Retreat, at that!

Edited by Georgia_Peaches

49 minutes ago, publicpersona said:

Is it possible this is due to time zone differences? The check-in time would show as their time zone, but is based on Fort Lauderdale time for this sailing.

My understanding is that wherever you are, the time is shown as the local time at the point of departure.  So if you're in Denver, and check-in starts at 'midnight' for a Barcelona cruise, you need to be ready at 4pm Denver time.

• Like 1

Check in is 45 days prior to sailing.  I believe that would be midnight tonight EST, or 9/18.  So today being the 17th and check in commencing at midnight may have sparked some confusion.  Nothing fair or unfair about it, and 45 days is the timeframe.

And while there are many who will click in by 12:01 to try to secure the earliest times and as a result there may be a run on the first or second times, it isn't like Southwest where you need to jump on it as quickly as possible or end up with undesirable seats. But as you are in Retreat you will be first to check in and board anyway.

We have checked in two and three days after the first available check in time and still secured acceptable morning check in times. It really isn't that big of a deal.  Most check in times are not typically enforced anyway unless the passenger volume at a given check in time is heavy.  

You can also do your online muster drill through the app while waiting to board and then go to your muster station to be confirmed as completed once you board.

Regardless of when you actually check in at the terminal boarding doesn't typically commence until about 11:00 and then in the order of check in, with Retreat first.  At that point you can go straight to your muster station (to get that out of the way) as indicated and then to your room and drop off your carryon's and go enjoy the ship.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

If someone from Hawaii wants to check-in for OP's cruise, they could check-in September 17 at 6 PM their time. This is the most likely explanation for the discrepancy. That the time is based on the time zone of the port the cruise is sailing from is useful to know when someone wants from the U.S. is checking in for, say, a southern Mediterranean cruise.

It is also true to say that you don't need to stress about this too much since recent data points for many ports suggests that no one gives a rat's tail what time your check-in says. Nevertheless, there are exceptions and changes at any time, so if you really, really, really wanted to make sure you were onboard for your concierge lunch, it would be worth checking in as close to check-in opening as possible without having to set an alarm for it. I see their point of view too.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, celebrity cruiser said:

handbellplayer

I did the math.

Since check in is 45 days before sail date, that would make it 9.18.24.

So tomorrow is your big day!

Not sure what all the stress is all about?? Please tell us what the difference is which day this week or next week you check in? I am not understanding your dilemma.

I know it's 9/18.  I am not stressing over anything and I don't have a dilemma.  I am in the Retreat, so it doesn't matter to me when I check in.

I just found it odd that different people would have different check-in days.  I'm done.

• Like 1

Some ports are more strict about arrival times than others.  If Beyond is sailing from Port Everglades, they don't check your assigned arrival time.  Being Retreat, you will be fine regardless.  

We will be Premium Access on our November Reflection sailing and I look forward to seeing how this will be handled at Port Everglades. 

16 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

No one pays attention to check in times. The agents don't even look. Just show up and know there may be a short wait. It's never very long. 

I think it depends on port or time of day.  I’ve had great quick boarding experiences.  I’ve had bad ones where it would have been hours long, if I hadn’t been moved to the front of the line because of a friend.

I just hate thinking that someone might get to the gelato before me.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, handbellplayer said:

I know it's 9/18.  I am not stressing over anything and I don't have a dilemma.  I am in the Retreat, so it doesn't matter to me when I check in.

I just found it odd that different people would have different check-in days.  I'm done.

They don't.   The app and the website use different time zones for whatever reason.  Appears website uses Mountain or Pacific time and the website probably India.  Maybe because the app is maintained in India.