The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday September 19th, 2024

Ahoy! You can’t talk like a pirate without a pirate name.IMG_1790.thumb.jpeg.984c816b7fd46ddf0da98a558aaa818e.jpeg

Positive thoughts for those who need them.  Cheers to those celebrating.

Creeps Claw Slag

• Like 14
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 9

Good Thursday morning. 

Thank you to Sandi for the FR&D.  

Thank you to Vanessa for the Cares and Celebrations lists.  You are always on the spot with our comings and goings.

Thank you to Debbie for your lovely recipes each day.  The Salmon Salad looks lovely and I may just try it tonight.

Thank you to Dixie and Ann for the Wine explanation and Drinks recipes.  Both sound wonderful.

Looks like both today and tomorrow are busy.  I have PT this afternoon and then we expect a visit from the Bug Man.  For some reason we have an influx of flies in our house.  We kill one and two more show up.  Can’t figure out where they are coming from and can’t control this.  Getting very frustrating.  So hopefully the Bug Man can solve our problem.

Yesterday afternoon I called the Mayo Clinic to find out if both my DH and I could have a joint video visit  on Friday (tomorrow) with the Travel Clinic Doctor rather that two individual sessions.  I had faxed both our documents to them, so they had everything they needed.  Well, wasn’t I surprised when I was told that Travel Clinic visits must be in person and cannot be virtual.  So tomorrow Jim and I have to get up early and travel to Jacksonville for the visit with the Travel Clinic (which will be a couples visit) and we will come home the same day.  That is a lot of driving, but I really don’t want to stay overnight.  I have gathered all our documents and have everything ready to take with us.  I am just so annoyed that it was scheduled as a video appointment when it was not allowed.  Wish people knew their job.  I am also going to try to get a blood test while I am there to see why I am feeling so lousy.  

Not sure I will have time to post tomorrow.  Just a super busy day.

Prayers for all,

God Bless,

Terri

• Like 24
  • Thanks 5

24 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

For some reason we have an influx of flies in our house.  We kill one and two more show up.  Can’t figure out where they are coming from and can’t control this.  Getting very frustrating.  So hopefully the Bug Man can solve our problem.

Grandma used to say that if you kill one fly, two show up for the funeral.😉

Edited by puppycanducruise
  • Like 5
  • Haha 21

My pirate name is Gunpowder Crabby Scurvy.

Good morning. I think butterscotch pudding is a wonderful thing. DD makes it for us often. I have not been to the port. It looks like a beautiful place. 
Rain is predicted for tomorrow. It never showed up yesterday. Today will be a little warmer at 82 degrees later.

@mamaofami, Carol and Sam a very Happy Anniversary to you both.

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 28
  • Thanks 2

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  Argh, ahoy mateys!  A couple of good days to celebrate, but I don't remember the last time I had butterscotch pudding.  I think the last one was eons ago that my mom made on the stove and it had a thick skin on it . . . ugh.  I used to enjoy seeing Rita Rudner on television shows - she was always so clever.

I missed stopping by here yesterday but it was a busy day for us.  We had a big breakfast send-off for our friends which lasted more than half the morning, then DH had to take his vehicle in for some repairs - when we got it back it didn't seem to be running any better, so whatever they "fixed" wasn't the problem.  I had intended on getting out into the back yard to start emptying the flower pots but that job was interrupted by rain that began in the early morning and didn't let up until last evening.  This morning it isn't raining but I'm sure we had more overnight judging by the puddles on the street.

@smitty34877although I wasn't here yesterday, I had you in my heart as you went through the first anniversary of Lou's passing.  I hope your day was okay.

@mamaofamiwishing you and Sam a peaceful, pain free day to look back on all you've accomplished throughout your marriage.

This morning we're off to the PCP's office to get the results of DH's latest blood tests.  His office called last week to arrange the appointment; it was good that they said it wasn't urgent, so we could book the time at our convenience.  Whew!  After that we'll pick up and deliver a meat and cheese tray to a colleague who lost her husband yesterday. 

I'd enjoy the drink of the day, will let others enjoy the wine, and would like the first recipe for the salmon salad.  We've got leftovers to go through, so it's looking like DH and I will be enjoying pulled pork sandwiches and Greek salad (we have an abundance of tomatoes from friends and neighbours) at the kitchen table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, cheers to all with happy things today.

Pirate cat with a pirate hat and eye patch standing on a ship deck - SeaArt  AI

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Rogue Treasure Slag

• Like 31
  • Thanks 2

Ahoy Mateys!  Captain One-Ear Swashbuckler here.  Good morning from a sunny and breezy central Texas.  The temperature is 76F with a 5mph wind from the SSE with 93% humidity and a dew point of 74F.  Our predicted high is 96F, and we will be in the 90s through the weekend.  More seasonable temperatures in the upper 80s will arrive Monday accompanied by lows in the 60s.  The main item on the agenda today is DH's, Jean Von Swashbuckler, PT session.

Two pirate days to celebrate is an interesting way to start the day.  Someone can enjoy my serving of butterscotch pudding.

The Rita Rudner quote always makes me laugh.  We always enjoyed her performances.

The meal is interesting, but I would prefer the Teriyaki salmon salad they used to serve in the MDR on BHBs.  We'll pass on the drink and they wine.

We have been to Valdez twice in our motorhome trips to Alaska.  Sadly, they were in 1992 and 1996, so there are no digital pictures to share. 

This day in 1893 was a great day for women in New Zealand when they were allowed to vote.

@ottahand7  Nancy, I hope the new arrives soon.  I agree the new ones are pricey, but they are more efficient too.

@marshhawk  Annie, I'm sorry Quiffy had to go back to the vet because of an infection.  I hope the dentist visit goes well, and that he doesn't yell to loudly.

@Cruzin Terri  Terri, safe travels tomorrow, and I hope you can get that blood test while you are there.  Are there any labs near you that do the blood tests and send the results to your doctor in Jacksonville?

@ger_77  Gerry, I hope your DH's blood test results are good, and they should be since they said it wasn't urgent.  Our condolences to your friend on the loss of her husband.

459126382_122176745750221757_6749853282735110124_n.jpg.6d52b5de133ca2a21659b99258009b8c.jpg

459180626_480959838104253_5803119418982699763_n.jpg.df6d108840d391f9dc8b85ecbd573596.jpg

459288602_10159715826221431_3591837760496151632_n.jpg.297921bdaa7d3e2b1eb9eae5342c0d81.jpg

459391585_122184012818167703_7263575498509394876_n.jpg.ea01c3e8317e4f6635f0b260471f487d.jpg

459913661_122176999658206138_4336030453445315653_n.jpg.59cdd3ae89cbdf6764abc41421b564dd.jpg

459868764_517194111260542_9007470723755178850_n.jpg.c0113476fbe90ebf752b70cb5e03d995.jpg

Lenda

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 17

Good Morning from a warm and sunny day at the beach

Crazy thunderstorms last night with heavy rain. Not sure what todays forecast will be.

I like butterscotch pudding and DD likes all pudding so I make it often.

No to the salmon and have never been to todays port.

I won the extra point at trivia the last time we had the notice of New Zealand. No one else knew except me!  So thanks Dailylites!

@mamaofami    A very Happy Anniversay to you both. May you have a wonderful day.

I am scheduled for the dreaded colonoscopy tomorrow so I will be "indisposed" most of today.  Just routine. Dont expect any surprises. Both of my parents died from colon cancer so I must be vigilant.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Stay safe and enjoy today

Charlene

• Like 27
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, cunnorl said:

Good Morning from a warm and sunny day at the beach

Crazy thunderstorms last night with heavy rain. Not sure what todays forecast will be.

I like butterscotch pudding and DD likes all pudding so I make it often.

No to the salmon and have never been to todays port.

I won the extra point at trivia the last time we had the notice of New Zealand. No one else knew except me!  So thanks Dailylites!

@mamaofami    A very Happy Anniversay to you both. May you have a wonderful day.

I am scheduled for the dreaded colonoscopy tomorrow so I will be "indisposed" most of today.  Just routine. Dont expect any surprises. Both of my parents died from colon cancer so I must be vigilant.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Stay safe and enjoy today

Charlene

Charlene,

Good luck.

The last time I opted for Cologuard.  It was so easy and convenient.  Did you talk to your Doctor about that option? 

Terri

• Like 17
  • Thanks 3

Butterscotch pudding would be OK if made with lactose-free milk. The salmon pasta salad would also be OK. The only FLX boxed white wines are on the sweet side, so no real equivalent of today's wine.

No idea what dinner will be. I'm giving a talk to the Kiwanis club at lunchtime, so I don't yet know what lunch will be, either. Salmon pasta salad?

catnipbeforebed.jpg.d045d44fb8c07723335bae5322b35583.jpg

• Like 21
  • Haha 6

12 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Charlene,

Good luck.

The last time I opted for Cologuard.  It was so easy and convenient.  Did you talk to your Doctor about that option? 

Terri

I've read that Cologuard is not as accurate with giving false negatives and positives.  Also doesn't detect pre-cancerous polyps well.  Made me think I'd prefer a regular colonoscopy every 10 years instead.

My arms and shoulders were tired so I'm taking a break.  Doing some computer work, then will get back to it.  Moving on to more of the dreaded gold metallic thread work.  Sigh...

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I've read that Cologuard is not as accurate with giving false negatives and positives.  Also doesn't detect pre-cancerous polyps well.  Made me think I'd prefer a regular colonoscopy every 10 years instead.

My arms and shoulders were tired so I'm taking a break.  Doing some computer work, then will get back to it.  Moving on to more of the dreaded gold metallic thread work.  Sigh...

Sandi,

My last few colonoscopies had been negative so the doc and I decided that this round we would do Cologard.  Given all that was going on in my life, that seemed the best option.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for the Fleet Report Sandi and Rich and for all the Daily News ! 

Ol' Nautical Broom Legs here  ( Thanks @0106 I have likely been called worse names over the years !) 

Ai Ai Mateys ,  I shoot' only be a lurker ere cause over the last 2 days I had about 100 emails  messages from the head Pirate CC ........cause I maid three posts  .........

Ol' sailingdutchy ! 

• Like 12
  • Haha 12

Gunpowder Slappy Feathersword here (thanks for that, BTW, @0106) making a brief check in during a hectic work morning. 

With <10 days 'til I board the Eurodam, I finally did a day-by-day weather forecast check. 🙋‍♀️ who thinks it will rain 🌧️every day? 🌂☂️

We will have a wonderful time and enjoy every minute of it, regardless of the weather 🥳 Now, I wouldn't turn down some sunshine if Mother Nature wanted to send some 😎

Itinerary w/forecast:

Screenshot_20240918_205552_Messages.thumb.jpg.dbe8ec6fd8af547209316b2f949bbc70.jpg

Prayers 🙏 and positive thoughts for all. 

• Like 28
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for the Daily and Fleet report, love the recipes and would make #3 adding feta, yum. 

We’ve settled in nicely to the condo, there’s a bit of a weather system close, hopefully it will miss us and we’ll have a clear day after the fog lifts. Will probably drive into town to go the grocery store, hubby has a sweet tooth and wants to check out the bakery treats. 

Thinking about all of you experiencing health issues, one thing I always did was check @JazzyV reports to get updates and after reading the Daily for awhile you really get vested in those of you that post daily. And an extra warm virtual hug to @mamaofami as she celebrates her wedding anniversary and hope her DH is comfortable and free of pain.

This is from our rental. I wish CC supported Apple pics, I had to screenshot a picture. There’s a long workaround but definitely not convenient.

IMG_1057.png

Edited by ellbelle
  • Like 30
  • Thanks 4

Good morning all!

DH can have my butterscotch pudding, I'll be looking for the chocolate 😉 

Funny quote!  I would like the drink and wine, and although I like both salmon and pasta, I'd rather not have them together in a salad.  Have not been to Valdez yet, but hopefully will get there next year on the 28-day Alaska.  We have a HAL tour that day, and hopefully can get out and walk around town afterwards.  We'll be there until 11 pm. Thank you Annie @marshhawk for the great photos!

We have a foggy morning, heading for mid 60's and part sun later. No big plans other than continuing to start packing for Yellowstone.  We'll fly out in 6 days.  As usual the weather will be all over the place, so packing a little of everything.  

Happy Anniversary Carol and Sam @mamaofami!  I hope Sam has a comfortable day as you reflect on your years together.

Sandi @StLouisCruisers I hate working with the gold metallic thread too.  

Me (Creeps Lagoon Skurvy) and my pirate friend in San Francisco in 2016.  Handsome dude, isn't he?  😉 🙂  

Piratefriend.thumb.jpg.d4b0835049e6ef2eba9058a94ad29b4e.jpg

• Like 34

Good morning, 

Ghost One-Ear Feathersword checking in. It's a bit foggy this morning and we're definitely getting into more of the fall weather. It's hard to decide on capris or longer pants some days. 

I've been busy doing the pool on Monday and Wednesday and had PT on Tuesday. Today is a bit more laid back which is nice. DS will be over in a while. He's painting all the door trim to match the baseboards and then we're talking about painting the inside rooms. It's something DD DH and I talked about but just never got to. DS could use some income and I'm fine with that. Now the fun part (not) - choosing paint colors. I have a light blue chosen for the main bedroom and bathroom, laundry room, some of the kitchen and the guest bath but I want a cream color for the other rooms and havent' seen one I like yet. I'll stop at one of the home improvement stores and check for samples in the next few days. We're also talking about a backsplash in the kitchen that may incorporate a few of my HAL tiles. DS also suggested flush mount light coverings so lots going on. 

Would enjoy the salad and the pudding but I have a box of Dove Dark Chocolate Bourbon Vanilla Pudding and a box if tapioca sitting out to be made- just can't decide which one. 

Karen

• Like 31

Good morning. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

Ahoy mateys! Never heard of Meow like a Pirate. Someone else can have my butterscotch pudding. Funny quote. I'll pass on the meal (fish), drink and wine. I have not been to Valdez. Yay for NZ being so progressive.

It's partly sunny and going up to 82F today. No big plans for me. More of keeping my legs elevated, so I'll watch tv or read or be on my tablet. I think the swelling has gone down a bit.

@mamaofami Happy Anniversary to you and Sam!

@StLouisCruisers Thanks for our start today. I think Bruno didn't have the test yet. He posted that it turned out to be a preliminary visit I think.

@cat shepard I think the thought is that it's a residual of the cellulitis, as no other reason has been found. I had cellulitis a few years ago in the other leg (near the ankle) and it was nothing like this. It cleared up quickly with oral antibiotics. This started up near the side of the knee, then seemed to spread down the leg. It has been so swollen that I could barely bend my knee. That is easing up some, from my keeping it elevated.

@dfish Good luck at the dentist. 

@ottahand7 I'm sure the new AC is an ouch!

@marshhawk Sorry Quiffy has an infection. Thanks for the Valdez photos.

@Sir PMP Nice photos.

@0106 I'd be Walker of the Sea (no middle name)

@Cruzin Terri Good luck at PT. I hope the Bug Man gets rid of the flies and finds out how they're getting in. Safe travels tomorrow going to and from Jacksonville. Cologuard isn't an option if you're considered high risk. I had a polyp on my first exam, so had to get them every 5 years instead of 10 (although recent changes now say 7 years), so no Cologuard for me.

@ellbelle Enjoy your time there.

@luvteaching It's nice that DS knows how to do all of that.

@kazu Thinking of you.

Prayers for the Care List and a Toast to those Celebrating.

• Like 27
  • Thanks 6

Good morning and Happy Thursday from Jean Hook Pants on this pirate day. I’d hate to live with that name!

I would like the salmon pasta salad but would leave the salmon either whole or in big chunks, and yes to adding feta. 

Yesterday Blue had a pawdicure and dental scaling so he was out of sorts the rest of the day. We decided to go ahead and start him on a medication for his incontinence and see how it goes. 

Happy Anniversary to Carol @mamaofami& Sam!

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 26
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Charlene,

Good luck.

Terri

I did. He was against it because of family history. 
 Really wish I could! 

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1