Corkage Fee

Cruzinram

Corkage fee has rocketed to $42.00 plus gratuity. Took a bootle of our favorite wine for dinner on rooftop grill. Expecting $25.00 fee but like everything else it has increased. Just an FYI. Might not be a savings anymore to bring your own bottle onboard.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Cruzinram said:

Corkage fee has rocketed to $42.00 plus gratuity. Took a bottle of our favorite wine for dinner on rooftop grill. Expecting $25.00 fee but like everything else it has increased. Just an FYI. Might not be a savings anymore to bring your own bottle onboard.

However if you have the beverage package they do not charge a corkage fee, right??

That corkage fee is crazy!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cruzinram said:

Corkage fee has rocketed to $42.00 plus gratuity. Took a bootle of our favorite wine for dinner on rooftop grill. Expecting $25.00 fee but like everything else it has increased. Just an FYI. Might not be a savings anymore to bring your own bottle onboard.

Did you call the cops because you were robbed. That's when you start to pour a glass in your room and walk down to the dining room with it. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

$42 to twist off the cap of a bottle of $5 buck Chuck? It's not as if people are boarding with 2 bottles of Chateau Lafite Rothchild. It's cheaper to buy a bottle of the $10 wine they sell for $40.

Edited by Iamcruzin

44 minutes ago, Covepointcruiser said:

Is the current rate $35 plus service charge or $42 plus service charge??    So there is still no charge for corkage if you have a beverage package?

As per the screenshot, it is $35 plus the 20% gratuity, so $42.

9 hours ago, Cruzinram said:

Was that $42 plus gratuity or $42 including gratuity?  If you were charged $42 plus 20% someone blundered 

2 hours ago, cruizingOmi said:

Just open the bottle in the room, fill glasses,carry to dining room. Pour the rest into a refillable water bottle and take with you, Voila no Corkage fee.

I can’t imagine carrying a glass of wine all the way to a dining room.

13 minutes ago, Alakegirl said:

Look around next time you cruise. People do it all the time. Quite often one of the waiters standing near the door will offer to carry it to the table for you.

I might carry one wine glass but not two.  Maybe they can come to my cabin and carry it all the way?

48 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I can’t imagine carrying a glass of wine all the way to a dining room.

Look around. The glass is filled to the rim.  That's not a Celebrity pour, even if you have the drink package.

Edited by Iamcruzin

I had a argument with staff at Le Petit Chef, they wanted to change me a corkage fee even though I had premium drink package in March had to have concierge remove the charge we were in a royal suite that included drink package and free specialty, rccl hasn’t changed us a corkage in over a decade . No way I would pay over 40 for a corkage.