Back from Allure and that girl needs.....

Back from Allure. Unfortunately I came back with a very mild Covid+. The food outright Sucked. Mostly in the MDR, but some of the food out of CK not much better. Some days fresh eggs and some out of the buffet, really. If your looking for the good food you should've sailed 7 yrs ago or later. Allure definitely can't get to refurbishement fast enough. She needs help. The rugs up CLS Hallways need to be ripped out Now. From the outside Indy and Freedom looked liked they need help as well. Staff was fine. 2 different Suites fine. Not a great week on Allure. I wished I had chose different and almost did.

20240922_124515.jpg

20240922_124028.jpg

20240922_123825.jpg

20240922_123554.jpg

• Haha 2

Interesting that from the outside you were able to surmise that the other two ships were in need of help as well.  Perhaps as you suggested it may be time to look for a different choice since your experience was not good.  Also sorry you contracted covid, but I hope you aren't blaming RCI for that as well....JMO.

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

2 ships were showing a good deal of rust and wear on the docking side I could see and so didn't Allure. I never blamed anyone for the C-19. I'm from N.E. and if you served that 🦞 Mac and Cheese you would've been laugh at. Food is horrible which many others have stated.  They are cutting ever corner & it shows. Those rugs in the CLS have vicious water stains in them. If you notice the rug off the table of the prime rib it is beyond dirty. 

29 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Funny how  "food stinks" and "ship is in bad shape" always come together.

Food looks fine to me and I look forward to enjoying it on my next cruise in 3 weeks.

Looks good to me.  I’d pound that Turkey plate. 
screen name says it all. Lolol. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

47 minutes ago, Justmekaren918 said:

2 ships were showing a good deal of rust and wear on the docking side I could see and so didn't Allure. I never blamed anyone for the C-19. I'm from N.E. and if you served that 🦞 Mac and Cheese you would've been laugh at. Food is horrible which many others have stated.  They are cutting ever corner & it shows. Those rugs in the CLS have vicious water stains in them. If you notice the rug off the table of the prime rib it is beyond dirty. 

I'm very sorry for your loss. Thinking of you and yours at this very difficult time.

• Haha 5

46 minutes ago, Cruise5life said:

Looks good to me.  I’d pound that Turkey plate. 
screen name says it all. Lolol. 

Agree, I'd eat up! After couple weeks on a Cruise gravy is flowing threw my Vein's. Though on longer 10-16 nite Cruises and Holidays, Thanksgiving, 4th July, I'll eat the Turkey Meal nite in WindJammer where they carve whole Birds

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Justmekaren918 said:

Rust and wear is not uncommon amongst older cruise ships and does not mean there are internal issues. Suggesting otherwise by an external observation is unsubstantiated and without value unless by your direct experience.

I was just curious about your covid issue because if you weren't associating it negatively with the ship then why bring it up, especially since a ship has nothing to do with it - the people on board do. Or perhaps you contracted it from the airline. 

And food is always subjective, and your opinion is valid based on your experience.  But indicating that many others have stated the same is meaningless hearsay, unless you can cite those comments.  Not challenging your opinion, but it is only just that, and relative to this thread, yours alone.

We have also sailed on her several times and agree that Allure is certainly due for her refurb which is forthcoming, and I'm sure any needed attention will be given.  But as I suggested, perhaps you should follow your instincts and move on to another cruise line if you are no longer happy with RCI.

Enjoy your cruising.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 2

I got off Allure on Friday and my experience was far different. The food in the MDR was very good and Chops was excellent. The service was outstanding in the MDR, Chops and the numerous bars we visited during the cruise. I did not notice any excessive wear and tear around the ship. I did notice rust in some locations, but as someone who spent over 20 years in the military, I know it is impossible to keep a ship at sea rust free. I thought the ice skating show was very good and the Aqua show was top notch. The show included a lot of diving, which is my favorite part of any Aqua show, so I might be a little biased there. I also thought the production of Mamma Mia was close to the best, if not the best show I have seen on any ship. This was my 91st cruise so I think I have a pretty good idea what constitutes a good cruise or not. 

• Like 6

Not sure what your issue was with the pictures of the food you posted.  Yes, the prime rib does look dead. I would have sent it back for a better cut.  This is not necessarily uncommon with cooked beef and I have always received a more acceptable piece.  As to the missing lobster, I too live in N.E.  There is no way cruise ship lobster will come close to what we have available here.  Why would you even order it??  The rest of the meals look perfectly fine.

• Like 2

I am going on Allure and would be worried about the review if I had not been on Indy back in May and thought she was in great shape. I am a true believer that if you go on a ship wanting a good vacation you will have one and if you go looking to find things to complain about you will find them. I am looking forward to my Allure cruise and plan on having a good time!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Agree, I'd eat up! After couple weeks on a Cruise gravy is flowing threw my Vein's. Though on longer 10-16 nite Cruises and Holidays, Thanksgiving, 4th July, I'll eat the Turkey Meal nite in WindJammer where they carve whole Birds

I leave in a week for 15 days and hope there’s Turkey.  Lolol. I’d eat that every night     Lolol. Love me some bird.    
 Traveling solo so I’ll be trying the buffet and MDR to see what they have.   
I just got back from a Greek isle cruise and the food was very good.   No complaints at all.  

2 hours ago, poocher said:

Not sure what your issue was with the pictures of the food you posted.  Yes, the prime rib does look dead. I would have sent it back for a better cut.  This is not necessarily uncommon with cooked beef and I have always received a more acceptable piece.  As to the missing lobster, I too live in N.E.  There is no way cruise ship lobster will come close to what we have available here.  Why would you even order it??  The rest of the meals look perfectly fine.

I would be more bothered if it were not dead !

:)

• Haha 1

Allure is my least favorite Oasis class ship. I was on her last, shortly after the reopen and remember food being the worst of any cruise I have been on....I remember thinking to myself the food on this cruise is close to inedable. This ship has been neglected and is long overdo on being revitalized.

We are about to test the OP's point of view.  Taking an extended family group, 14 of us, on the Allure this coming weekend.  A few of us have been on Allure twice before, in 2021 and 2022 and really enjoyed it!  Most of us have the UDP and will be feasting at 150 CP, Giovannis, and restaurant to be named later.