MDR Dress Code

PasadenaDave

Warning this is light-hearted 

I purchased some nice sweat paints to sleep on my flight to Tokyo.  Business class lie flat so I can use my CPAP.  I find pants with belts troubling when sleeping.  The sweat paints are actually Athleisure wear and the price exceeded what my blue jeans cost.

They are nice looking and my question is, Can I wear them in the main dining room?

I will add that I am not a doctor of any type, whether that be MD, DO, DC, DDS, EDD, phD, DV, or DVM.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, PasadenaDave said:

State university where it was easier to enter but harder to graduate, but that was when the average GOA was 2.7 not 3.9

Hmm.... you can always pretend for a week or two, but it might be easy to discern out medical training (or lack of). The same thing if you happen to meet a fell Harvard alum... It's going to get weird fast

47 minutes ago, PasadenaDave said:

I purchased some nice sweat paints to sleep on my flight to Tokyo.  Business class lie flat so I can use my CPAP.  I find pants with belts troubling when sleeping.  The sweat paints are actually Athleisure wear and the price exceeded what my blue jeans cost.

They are nice looking and my question is, Can I wear them in the main dining room?

I will add that I am not a doctor of any type, whether that be MD, DO, DC, DDS, EDD, phD, DV, or DVM.

Amazing. No ability to change clothes?i dont care but I would never do-that. But better than shorts and a baseball cap turned backwards. 

1 hour ago, PasadenaDave said:

Umm, the CEO wears pants with "hidden elastic waist" all the time.

image.png.27f1ee15a2d61fbdf7749a9ecc8d9676.png

cite: https://www.pressreader.com/international/porthole-cruise-and-travel/20171001/281685434937793?srsltid=AfmBOorrzwT5bmSYRbKyvoZJYq1AF-c8cHVrbvhr2ZZaJmAI8KrP4QH6

• Haha 2

Let's see how many pages this one can go!  Haha.

If I were you, I would keep the price tag attached so that you can show them the value of the pants.  This may have an influence and keep them from asking you to change!  Haha. (JOKING)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The following will sound snarky to some, but frankly, I don't care:

I could buy dress slacks or chinos at a thrift shop for almost nothing.

They are STILL dress pants and chinos.

I could buy sweat pants at the swankiest store in the world and pay the equivalent of a weekly salary.

They are STILL sweat pants.

Some people think the rules are for other people because they are "special".

(This now concludes my old-man-rant).

Edited by sharkster77
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, sharkster77 said:

The following will sound snarky to some, but frankly, I don't care:

I could buy dress slacks or chinos at a thrift shop for almost nothing.

They are STILL dress pants and chinos.

I could buy sweat pants at the swankiest store in the world and pay the equivalent of a weekly salary.

They are STILL sweat pants.

Some people think the rules are for other people because they are "special".

(This now concludes my old-man-rant).

14 hours ago, PasadenaDave said:

• Like 1

OK, I'm going to change it up a little.  This will be the third time we are sailing on Christmas (first time on Viking).  The first time we figured that people would "dress up" for Christmas dinner so we planned accordingly.  Families with matching PJs all over.  Dinner was still very casual.  What's the story on Viking?

2 hours ago, Peregrina651 said:

Just like any other night, the level of dress will run the gamut from casual to dressy.

Err, it’s 2024. Perhaps you mean from casual to less than casual. Decorum and modesty seem to be modern casualties. 😉

47 minutes ago, Hanoj said:

Err, it’s 2024. Perhaps you mean from casual to less than casual. Decorum and modesty seem to be modern casualties. 😉

No, I meant exactly what I said. There are people who still enjoy dressing up for dinner and I am not going to rain on their parade just to score a point.

Someone asked an honest question and I gave what I considered to be an honest description of the room.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, mskaufman said:

OK, I'm going to change it up a little.  This will be the third time we are sailing on Christmas (first time on Viking).  The first time we figured that people would "dress up" for Christmas dinner so we planned accordingly.  Families with matching PJs all over.  Dinner was still very casual.  What's the story on Viking?

No no, matching PJ's are only for movie night in the main pool area.

2 hours ago, TayanaLorna said:

I dare anyone to wear a thong swimsuit with a see-through cover up in the MDR.  Now that would be entertainment.

Could we get advance notice on that??
I’d like to get a good seat!
(Although with Viking’s age demographic, maybe not so much…)

😉😁😎