"Live" Coral Princess, 32 Days, Oct 17th to Nov 17th, Singapore-Asia-Los Angeles (+Week in Singapore pre-cruise)

LACruiser88

Posted (edited)
On 9/30/2024 at 3:47 PM, LACruiser88 said:

As well as Plaxlovid.

Don't you mean Paxlovid? Was contemplating asking our doctor for a prescription, but on my GoodRx app Paxlovid shows the lowest price in my Florida area as over $1500. for 30 doses!!! Will have to skip that but probably can find an equivalent in a Thai pharmacy! Our daughter was just in Bangkok and many medicinal drugs are available without a prescription for a small fraction of US costs. (she needed some pain meds for back pain while there and could buy them over the counter (no ill effects and they worked.)

Edited by lambs2
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Anyone know (or have a good guess) how  many dressier nights we might have scheduled on this sailing? Four is my guess. I am one of those crazy people who types up a detailed wardrobe list for each day and night of a cruise. It is part of the fun of travel for me! Usually saves me from packing too much. (Hubby does not agree!) At the  moment I have a whole bedroom filled with options that I need to pare down quickly!

Edited by lambs2
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, lambs2 said:

Anyone know (or have a good guess) how  many dressier nights we might have scheduled on this sailing? Four is my guess. I am one of those crazy people who types up a detailed wardrobe list for each day and night of a cruise. It is part of the fun of travel for me! Usually saves me from packing too much. (Hubby does not agree!) At the  moment I have a whole bedroom filled with options that I need to pare down quickly!

There will be 5 "Formal" nights on this voyage.  Debbie has half of her closet all over the house.  She says she will put half of these clothes back into her closet.  It all has to fit in our 4 large bags.  Oh my! 🤣 

• Ship:

CORAL PRINCESS
  • Voyage Number:

6417N
  • Number of Nights:

• Destination:

Asia
  • Departure:

Singapore
  • Departure Date:

Oct 17, 2024
  • Arrival:

Los Angeles, California
  • Arrival Date:

Nov 17, 2024
  • Stateroom:

• Category:

M1
  • Deck:BAJA

• Bed Configuration:Convertible Queen

• :

• Formal Nights:  5

Edited by LACruiser88
  • Haha 2

"We just got ours too!!!  😊"

@lovebirds63  ¡Qué bueno! Ahora estamos listo para tener un viaje fantástico.  Nos encontramos en el barco.  Que tengan un buen viaje a Singapore.  Nos vemos muy pronto.

Rafael

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

There will be 5 "Formal" nights on this voyage.  Debbie has half of her closet all over the house.  She says she will put half of these clothes back into her closet.  It all has to fit in our 4 large bags.  Oh my! 🤣 

•  

So you're saying that you're allowed 1/4 of one bag for your things? 😂

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, jwattle said:

So you're saying that you're allowed 1/4 of one bag for your things? 😂

Hey she has to leave room for her new things from her shopping expeditions as well!

• Haha 4

On 9/29/2024 at 11:06 PM, AVCruzers said:

I willl be following you along on one of our favorite ships.  When you disembark in LA, we will embark for a Panama Canal cruise.  

We're doing PC in Feb.  I hope that you have some time during or after your cruise to post some photos and info specific to the PC itineraries. 🙂

Thank you for sharing your trip with us. 

I'm most interested in the changes on the ship post dry dock, like power outlets (did they replace the AU style outlets. add USB, etc), if there are long lines at the dining room that is split for both reservations and walk-ins, overall feel, etc.

Also, I would love to see menu/food pictures. I know ours will be somewhat different because it is a different itinerary, but I'm hoping it will help me plan our dinners somewhat.

Fair winds and safe travels. Have fun.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was recently asked how we determine the currency exchange rates while traveling.  We have been using the free Xe app for years.  It works great and is a big help.

Screenshot_20240902_184728_GooglePlayStore.thumb.jpg.850fba3e3d89eee7544529608b901640.jpg

Screenshot_20240902_184650_Xe.thumb.jpg.b4d58eef765dde0e674c0bc779844e4b.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

@LACruiser88  Love that app.  I may not need it anymore however as I am an iPhone user and the new iOS 18 has a calculator that has a conversion feature.  It will convert currency, temperature, weight and various other things!  I will try it on our cruise to Mexico in a couple of weeks to see I can dump the XE app.

IMG_1507.png

Edited by t&atravel
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

LAcruiser, we absolutely enjoyed EVERY one of your past reports and always look forward to them! 

I am 3 pages late to the game here as hurricane Helene destruction impacted our home in the North Carolina mountains. The electric power is just now restored, and your  reports... ( and a glass of chardonnay) will be a relaxing diversion. 

have a great cruise and be safe!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Interesting that WhatsInPort.com does not show the Coral Princess embarkation at either the Harbor Center or the Marina Bay  on October 17. Wonder why? When I type in Coral Princess it just says: Sorry, no schedule have been found.

Anybody have any better insight?

12 minutes ago, lambs2 said:

Interesting that WhatsInPort.com does not show the Coral Princess embarkation at either the Harbor Center or the Marina Bay  on October 17. Wonder why? When I type in Coral Princess it just says: Sorry, no schedule have been found.

Anybody have any better insight?

Marina Bay website shows the Coral arriving 16 with 17th departure.  We will be boarding along with the Genting Dream.

IMG_2504.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, kiwimum said:

We will be boarding along with the Genting Dream.

I think the Genting Dream arrives on Friday 18th at noon, so it's the next day after the Coral has left. There is a difference of 15 houres in the listed times.

Edited by EDVM96
  • Like 1

Weather forecast for the week we are in Singapore looks like hot and very humid.  The 113 we had at home on Tuesday (111 on Wednesday) is prepping us for the heat, but not the humidity!

Screenshot_20241004_103957_Chrome.thumb.jpg.06cb27bcba11e1f79b6b2d06504f17cb.jpg

Screenshot_20241004_104010_Chrome.thumb.jpg.f652888add43c1b5b2c1a77bb271d2e7.jpg

• Like 4

8 hours ago, EDVM96 said:

I think the Genting Dream arrives on Friday 18th at noon, so it's the next day after the Coral has left. There is a difference of 15 houres in the listed times.

WHHHAT??? That schedule for Marina Bay in post #67 makes 0 sense!!! The Coral's arrival and departing times are backwards and the Genting shows it gets in at 9pm and leaves the next morning at 5am??? Was whoever typed that schedule smoking the wacky weed?!?!

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, lambs2 said:

WHHHAT??? That schedule for Marina Bay in post #67 makes 0 sense!!! The Coral's arrival and departing times are backwards and the Genting shows it gets in at 9pm and leaves the next morning at 5am??? Was whoever typed that schedule smoking the wacky weed?!?!

No, the times listed are correct, they only show up in your local time zone. 15 hours in this case. Singapore is 15 hours ahead of PDT at the moment. For me, it shows other times (Singapore 6 hours ahead CEST right now).

Which means in Singapore time:

Coral: 17 Oct 2024 arrives 07:00 AM, departs 04:00 PM

Genting Dream: 18 Oct 2024 arrives 12:00 PM, departs 08:00 PM.

Just as scheduled.

Edited by EDVM96
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, EDVM96 said:

No, the times listed are correct, they only show up in your local time zone. 15 hours in this case. Singapore is 15 hours ahead of PDT at the moment. For me, it shows other times (Singapore 6 hours ahead CEST right now).

Which means in Singapore time:

Coral: 17 Oct 2024 arrives 07:00 AM, departs 04:00 PM

Genting Dream: 18 Oct 2024 arrives 12:00 PM, departs 08:00 PM.

Just as scheduled.

Thanks! I am in Eastern daylight savings time right now. Glad you interpreted how that works! Interesting how it shows up in the time zone of where each person is viewing the schedule. Never saw that before, or perhaps I never paid attention!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

OT: A fun fact about the Genting Dream: There is no Deck 14.

"This is a nod to Chinese superstition, as the word for "four" sounds similar to "death" in Mandarin and many Chinese dialects. Similar practices can be found in other parts of the world, where buildings "skip" the 13th floor, on account of a Western belief that the number 13 is unlucky."

I didn't know that. 😄

Edited by EDVM96

8 hours ago, EDVM96 said:

OT: A fun fact about the Genting Dream: There is no Deck 14.

"This is a nod to Chinese superstition, as the word for "four" sounds similar to "death" in Mandarin and many Chinese dialects. Similar practices can be found in other parts of the world, where buildings "skip" the 13th floor, on account of a Western belief that the number 13 is unlucky."

I didn't know that. 😄

It’s like Deck 17 on MSC.