Currently on Eclipse until 11 October, 2024. Have questions, just ask!

cruisestitch

If you have Select dining and are going to see a Maitre d' on boarding day to arrange dining time, please advise how that goes. We board in 3 weeks and have never been on Eclipse before. Have done Equinox many times as well as RF and SL. I also will be curious to know if Decoy is available in both Cellar Masters and Sky Lounge and what brand of champagne is being served. It has been either Cattier or Haslinger the last few cruises we have done. TIA

I won’t be able to help with the select dining inquiry because we will be at the buffet tonight, but I am on the hunt for decoy myself.

interesting anecdote about decoy. I just got off back to back to back Cruises on silhouette. The first two, I had decoy every night at dinner in the main dining room. On the third cruise, was told that the ship was completely out of decoy and they made a nice substitution. However, interestingly enough, at one of the quizzes, sponsored by future cruises, guess what the prize was? Yep, a bottle of decoy. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

we are on a similar cruise pattern.. Silho in Dec 2024 ( plus APEX 2025) and Eclipse 2026 in AQ .

Main  interest is condition of the  ship & specialty dining..if you go

Enjoy!

Edited by hcat

39 minutes ago, 39august said:

If you have Select dining and are going to see a Maitre d' on boarding day to arrange dining time, please advise how that goes. We board in 3 weeks and have never been on Eclipse before. Have done Equinox many times as well as RF and SL. I also will be curious to know if Decoy is available in both Cellar Masters and Sky Lounge and what brand of champagne is being served. It has been either Cattier or Haslinger the last few cruises we have done. TIA

If it helps, you can book dining time online;  we prefer a certain time each day.

Thank you for doing this!  Would you possibly be able to tell me if the cabin doors are metal, specifically will a magnet stick to them?  Also, is the hot glass show still on board?

Edited by KarenMR

36 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Well, this is. NOT GOOD NEWS.  after having put up with the loss of the sky lounge to the park west VIPs on three successive silhouette Cruises in August and early September, I must suffer through them again.

😒😒😒

👎

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruisestitch said:

Well, this is. NOT GOOD NEWS.  after having put up with the loss of the sky lounge to the park west VIPs on three successive silhouette Cruises in August and early September, I must suffer through them again.

😒😒😒

Can you find out how many future sailings will be affected by this?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, 39august said:

No decoy in Skylounge this afternoon— the bartender said he was temporarily out. He recommended I try cellar masters and they had it.

I asked seller masters what champagne and they said Cattier

• Thanks 2

Would u be able to obtain email for maitre d? Each cruise prior i obtained it..my husband has dementia and we really need to request a 2 topper for our 6pm dinner.  He would be SO stressed with a 4-6-8 topper.  Anything u can do to help would be SO appreciated!

22 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

What I have seen of the ship so far (and it’s an early times yet), everything is good shape, spotless, and in working order.

everything except the app of course. Here are just two examples.

IMG_2161.jpeg

IMG_2162.jpeg

thanks.. we don't use the app for this reason  among others

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Novasmom said:

Would u be able to obtain email for maitre d? Each cruise prior i obtained it..my husband has dementia and we really need to request a 2 topper for our 6pm dinner.  He would be SO stressed with a 4-6-8 topper.  Anything u can do to help would be SO appreciated!

e mail Special Needs ahead.. for assistance and accomodation..No worries!

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

I replied on your other thread. There is no need to worry about this ahead of the cruise. If you have any time dining, just request A to talk when you get to the maitre D stand. If you have fixed dining, tell the maitre D that you needed two top and you’ll get one.

Thank u!

My friends just got off the previous cruise and indicated the ship was old and tired.They have taken newer ships recently.  What do you think?  We were on the Slhouette in June which was updated and were pleased. Can you find out if the Eclipse is going to be updated similarly to how the Silhouette was updated? We're looking at a Transatlantic in 2026, so there's plenty of time for that upgrade.

23 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

😒😒😒

unreal. Many enjoy the sky lounge

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Carol28 said:

My friends just got off the previous cruise and indicated the ship was old and tired.They have taken newer ships recently.  What do you think?  We were on the Slhouette in June which was updated and were pleased. Can you find out if the Eclipse is going to be updated similarly to how the Silhouette was updated? We're looking at a Transatlantic in 2026, so there's plenty of time for that upgrade.

I think the ship looks fine.  I found a broken elevator button but nothing else that I have observed is in disrepair 

• Like 1