Voyager Fall 2025 Sailing Canceled

Posted (edited)

Just got an email that our 10/27/25 Voyager sailing is canceled due to unrest in the Red Sea area.  Only problem, we're not going in that area. Our cruise was from Venice to Croatia and Montenegro then around the boot of Italy to Sicily and the Italian coast, ending in Rome (Citiv)

Is our itinerary really in harms way of the unrest in the Red Sea? I don't get it. I know missiles and travel...but that's really far away, we're not going in the Red Sea or Gulf area. We'd be in the Adriatic and Med...

Edited by robmtx

And furthermore, one of my options is to move to another Voyager sailing, which sails CLOSER to Israel and the Middle East. How is my sailing is in danger of Red Sea stuff but this closer itinerary is safe? According to my map, Athens a heckuva lot closer!

• Departing on September 29th | Greek Isles Voyage departing from Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy and disembarking in Athens (Piraeus), Greece:
    • Sailing to: Naples, Italy | Sicily (Messina), Italy | Santorini, Greece | Ephesus (Kusadasi), Turkey | Mykonos, Greece

What's weird, and I just posted something similar as my 10/27 Voyager is canceled, but they are calling this an issue with Red Sea unrest, but offering a cruise that goes to Greece which is a lot closer to that area than the original voyages...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, robmtx said:

Just got an email that our 10/27/25 Voyager sailing is canceled due to unrest in the Red Sea area.  Only problem, we're not going in that area. Our cruise was from Venice to Croatia and Montenegro then around the boot of Italy to Sicily and the Italian coast, ending in Rome (Citiv)

Is our itinerary really in harms way of the unrest in the Red Sea? I don't get it. I know missiles and travel...but that's really far away, we're not going in the Red Sea or Gulf area. We'd be in the Adriatic and Med...

It's not that your cruise itself is close to the danger, the issue is that the next cruise after yours was the 14 night Rome to Dubai that goes through the Suez Canal. This is followed by a 14 night Dubai to Singapore. The Rome to Dubai is probably also cancelled (it's been removed) as I assume they are rerouting to a long-way-round Africa that needs longer than the allotted 14 nights. Probably as a non-revenue. The Dubai to Singapore also appears cancelled, as it has also been removed. 

I'm a little surprised that they are making this decision nearly a year out.

• Like 4

Your cruise mightn’t have gone anywhere near the Red Sea, but afterwards Voyager was due to transit the Suez Canal on her repositioning to Singapore & Australia.

As she’ll now have to reroute, unfortunately Royal has had to cancel the last Med itineraries of the season to allow time for her to make the much longer journey around Africa.

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, RobInMN said:

It's not that your cruise itself is close to the danger, the issue is that the next cruise after yours was the 14 night Rome to Dubai that goes through the Suez Canal. This is followed by a 14 night Dubai to Singapore. The Rome to Dubai is probably also cancelled (it's been removed) as I assume they are rerouting to a long-way-round Africa that needs longer than the allotted 14 nights. Probably as a non-revenue. The Dubai to Singapore also appears cancelled, as it has also been removed. 

Royal are actually quite late to the party. Cunard had already announced their 2026 world voyages won’t transit Suez. 

Edited by gumshoe958

9 minutes ago, gumshoe958 said:

Your cruise mightn’t have gone anywhere near the Red Sea, but afterwards Voyager was due to transit the Suez Canal on her repositioning to Singapore & Australia.

As she’ll now have to reroute, unfortunately Royal has had to cancel the last Med itineraries of the season to allow time for her to make the much longer journey around Africa.

Thanks for that explanation. That clears that up, but doesn't remove my anger about this cruise!

• Like 3

About Your Upcoming Travels
space
Dear Guest,

To avoid the continuing unrest in the Red Sea area, and after exploring all options, our upcoming November 3, 2025, Voyager of the Seas sailing has been redeployed. The time and effort you took to plan your cruise is important to us, and we apologize for the inconvenience. Every aspect of your time with us should be enjoyable, so we’ve put together some alternative options that we hope will work for you and those in your party.

Option 1: Re-book the below 14-Night 2025 itinerary onboard Odyssey of the Seas:

Departing on October 22nd | Transatlantic Voyage departing from Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy and disembarking in Cape Liberty, New Jersey
Sailing to: Florence/Pisa (La Spezia), Italy | Cartagena, Spain | Malaga, Spain | Gibraltar, United Kingdom | Ponta Delgada, Azores
What you’ll receive:

Your original stateroom category price will either be protected at your original cruise fare rate or reduced to the current cruise fare rate (whichever is lower). Kindly note, this excludes taxes, fees, gratuities, and other non-cruise fare items.
If your booking was already paid in full and your cruise fare rate decreases, we’ll provide you with a refund for the difference.
Option 2: Re-book any other Royal Caribbean International sailing

If you prefer to re-book another sailing not included in Option 1, we’ll waive any non-refundable deposit change fees.
Please know, you’ll be responsible for any difference in pricing for your cruise fare, taxes, fees, gratuities, and other non-cruise fare items.
If your booking was already paid in full and your cruise fare rate decreases, we’ll provide you with a refund for the difference.
Option 3: If you’d prefer to cancel, we’ll be sad to see you go, but hope you’ll come back soon. You’ll receive:

A full refund of any paid portion of your cruise fare (including non-refundable deposits) and any pre-paid amenities to the original form of payment.
If you used a Future Cruise Credit on this sailing, and you request a refund instead, we’ll refund any NEW funds paid above the certificate amount and we’ll issue a new certificate.
Any refunds due will be credited to your original form of payment within 14 business days after your decision, and refund times may vary depending on your financial institution.

It’s important to us that you find the best cruise option. Please call us at 888-281-9344 by October 22, 2024, to let us know your decision. Additionally, hold times may be longer than usual. If you decide to go with Option 3, there’s no need to call us. If we haven’t heard from you by October 22, 2024, your reservation will automatically default to Option 3, and it will be canceled. As we work to complete these updates, you may see no action has been taken after the deadline has passed. Not to worry, we’ll update your booking accordingly.

If you have any questions, please contact your Travel Advisor immediately or contact us at:

1 888 281 9344 in the U.S.
1800 754 500 in Australia / 0800 102 123 in New Zealand
In the UK only, by using our webchat service or by calling 0344 493 4005
All other countries, please visit our website for your local Royal Caribbean International office phone number.
Thank you for understanding, and we hope you find another cruise with us. Whether you are celebrating a special occasion or looking to explore, relax, and recharge, we have no doubt your time with us will be nothing short of amazing.

Sincerely,

Aurora Yera-Rodriguez
AVP | Guest Experience
Royal Caribbean International

So where is Voyager going?🤔

16 minutes ago, robmtx said:

Thanks for that explanation. That clears that up, but doesn't remove my anger about this cruise!

Royal has to look at the broad picture, not just your cruise.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, RobInMN said:

Really not that far away when it comes to letting people rebook for other cruises. In fact it's rather late. And those passengers get some perks for their troubles. When RC canceled the Panama canal cruises, we got nothing.

Edited by smokeybandit

16 minutes ago, robmtx said:

There's some people and organizations that I think you can blame, it's just not RCI 😉 

We'll see in about 5 weeks whether there's any hope for the situation to improve.

10 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Really not that far away when it comes to letting people rebook for other cruises. In fact it's rather late. And those passengers get some perks for their troubles. When RC canceled the Panama canal cruises, we got nothing.

We're getting nothing here either. Just price protection to swap to one of two other sailings, although the identical itinerary sailings are not offered with the price protection (and are pricing at 2x what we paid).  We specifically wanted this itinerary because it starts near Venice, ends near Rome, allowing us to easily add hotel stays in both of those cities, while also visiting some sought after ports in the Adriatic and visiting Naples and Sicily. We have no interest in sailing on Voyager otherwise.

Just now, robmtx said:

We're getting nothing here either. Just price protection to swap to one of two other sailings, although the identical itinerary sailings are not offered with the price protection (and are pricing at 2x what we paid).  We specifically wanted this itinerary because it starts near Venice, ends near Rome, allowing us to easily add hotel stays in both of those cities, while also visiting some sought after ports in the Adriatic and visiting Naples and Sicily. We have no interest in sailing on Voyager otherwise.

I didn't even get price protection to switch cruises. Just a waived change fee, to which I spent a ton more to pick a new cruise.

We were on the Voyager Suez repo on 11/3/25 ( booked after this years Suez repo on Anthem was cancelled) - the only swap option was to do Odyssey TA on 10/22/25 from Rome to Cape Liberty…. We’re taking the refund! 

1 hour ago, RobInMN said:

They didn't want people booking airfare as then they would have needed to cover change fees. We are still outside the 11 month booking window.

FYI to all reading this thread:

Three threads on the same topic have been merged into this one thread. That way, all the replies will be in one place. Due to the Cruise Critic software, all posts in this newly merged thread are now in post date/time order.

Happy sails,

Host Kat

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Check your options before you cancel.  

We had our Grandeur Canada cruise changed to Jewel thanks to unrest in the middle east.  Messed our cabin up really badly. 

But Jewel came from Europe instead of Grandeur from Florida, as it moved up to Amsterdam for the summer.  Meaning that we could do a longer TA that added Iceland as the same price that we had on the Grandeur.  Meaning looking deeper into the options gave us a much better trip for the same protected price.

Not to dismiss your anger and frustrations- totally understand that.  

1 hour ago, Tigermad said:

Can you get a full refund if you don’t want those trips they are suggesting?

Yes, that is option 3 on all sailings. 

Option 2 is to switch to any other sailing at prevailing rates with no change fees and option 1 gives you 2 sailings for the first cruise and the 2 repositioning cruises have the option on the Odyssey TA on one and the other is the Allure TA...price protected

46 minutes ago, Blue Eyed Belfast Belle said:

Im going to take the refund too.  

Knew this was going to happen and I agree better do it before flights get booked

I’m already booking a celebrity repo before I get the refund.