Ezair flight seat selection

Another EZAIR question, sorry.......We paid the remaining balance for our January 2, 2025 flight two days ago and unable to select our seats on the Princess web site.    Is this normal for Princess, and should we wait longer until Princess actually pays for our Air Canada flights, Thx, Jim

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jimlouisesophie said:

Another EZAIR question, sorry.......We paid the remaining balance for our January 2, 2025 flight two days ago and unable to select our seats on the Princess web site.    Is this normal for Princess, and should we wait longer until Princess actually pays for our Air Canada flights, Thx, Jim

On your travel summary, there should be an EZAir booking number and an Airline Confirmation number on your booking.  Login to AC website with the Airline Confirmation number to select your seats.  Air Canada will charge your credit card directly for the seat selection.  The Air Canada website will send a confirmation of the seat selection to the Princess email address, unless you change it to your email address.

If you have an Aeroplan number, you can add it on the EZAir website where it asks for "frequent flyer" number.  I've always added the Aeroplan number on EZAir before I try to book my seats at Air Canada.

• Thanks 1

Air Canada will not allow you to select seats until your seats have been ticketed by Princess (paid for by Princess) which is usually about 45 days prior to your flight.  We just went through this for our August sailing.  Dead on 45 days we were able to select our seats.  Hope this helps.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Even if you paid for your flights in Air Canada, it may not equate to Princess issuing your tickets immediately.

You may request Princess to issue your tickets before 45 days.  But at that time, it becomes a restricted fare and you will not be able to modify it (example:  if the fare should drop between 90-46 days, you could still reface for the lower price and receive a refund of the difference…if you purchased a flexible fare.  

With a ticketed ticket on Air Canada, you might be able to select your seats early….for a price.  Only when you check in 24 hours are seats “free”.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We're 32 days from leaving. We purchased seats last week on Qantas so we could select our seats.  I don't know how Air Canada works but Qantas said that our seat assignment would be available on our boarding pass unless we purchased them in advance since we're flying economy.  It was worth the money to ensure we were sitting together and not at the complete back of the airplane.

6 hours ago, Lady Arwen said:

Air Canada will not allow you to select seats until your seats have been ticketed by Princess (paid for by Princess) which is usually about 45 days prior to your flight.  We just went through this for our August sailing.  Dead on 45 days we were able to select our seats.  Hope this helps.

Yea, you said it right.  When I called Princess, it was total confusing but you make it sound so easy...many thanks, and I will wait till the 45 days prior to book our seats

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Even if you paid for your flights in Air Canada, it may not equate to Princess issuing your tickets immediately.

You may request Princess to issue your tickets before 45 days.  But at that time, it becomes a restricted fare and you will not be able to modify it (example:  if the fare should drop between 90-46 days, you could still reface for the lower price and receive a refund of the difference…if you purchased a flexible fare.  

With a ticketed ticket on Air Canada, you might be able to select your seats early….for a price.  Only when you check in 24 hours are seats “free”.

Great, that is what I understand..will wait for 45 days prior to book seats..Thx

• Like 1

You may not have to wait until the 45 day point.  Check the flight info in your travel summary.  .   If you see a ticket number against the travel info, then you should be able to select and pay for seats on the airline website. 

I have experienced a number of times over the past few years where tickets were issued well before the 45 day point (but not at my request) and I was still able to refare when a reduced fare was available up to the 45 day limit..

• Like 1

I have some questions regarding the 'new' EZAir policies, etc.

Before Princess started making changes in the last 6 months, I was able to book flights AND select seats without requesting ticketing.  Now that option appears to be gone, so to reserve seats you must request ticketing.

My question is, if I book, request ticketing and select seats on a Flexible flight can I make changes before final payment and/or before 45 days out without paying a penalty?  In chat the Princess rep implied that I could be charged fees by the airline for cancelling and rebooking in accordance to the ticket conditions of the airline.

Is this correct or can I still request ticketing and seats, then cancel and rebook without penalty?

If not, the benefit of EZAir is all but gone.

Thanks!

33 minutes ago, SDWalt said:

Before Princess started making changes in the last 6 months, I was able to book flights AND select seats without requesting ticketing.  Now that option appears to be gone, so to reserve seats you must request ticketing.

My question is, if I book, request ticketing and select seats on a Flexible flight can I make changes before final payment and/or before 45 days out without paying a penalty?  In chat the Princess rep implied that I could be charged fees by the airline for cancelling and rebooking in accordance to the ticket conditions of the airline.

Is this correct or can I still request ticketing and seats, then cancel and rebook without penalty?

Thanks!

If you request early ticketing, the ticket is no longer flexible.  It will become a “restricted” ticket.

3 hours ago, SDWalt said:

Thanks!

If you request ticketing you are then subject to the airline rules and regs.  So yes if you then cancel and rebook you will be subject to airline penalties, not EZAir penalties.

Having booked a flexible ticket, again it is the airline that dictates whether you can select seats or not.  Also the category of ticket you purchase will have a bearing on this.  Again the rules are those of the airlines, not EZAir.

Posted (edited)

I just booked EZ Air for next year.  Booking is still only on deposit.  I was able to pick a seat with Alaska Airlines with only a hold.  It all depends on the airlines.  EZ Air has no say in the matter.  

I've been able to do it with Delta and American.  Couldn't do it with Air Canada.

Edited by cr8tiv1
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I just booked EZ Air for next year.  Booking is still only on deposit.  I was able to pick a seat with Alaska Airlines with only a hold.  It all depends on the airlines.  EZ Air has no say in the matter.  

I've been able to do it with Delta and American.  Couldn't do it with Air Canada.

Air Canada is the only airline that I know of that has this restriction.  Most airlines allow early seat selection.  Don’t ask me why! lol

4 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

Air Canada is the only airline that I know of that has this restriction.  Most airlines allow early seat selection.  Don’t ask me why! lol

I have a current reservation with WestJet and I'm having the same issue.

8 hours ago, Lady Arwen said:

Westjet too!!

• Like 1

Just a generic post, but when it comes to booking cruise/air through any cruise line, the airline's policy about seat assignments varies by airline and even class of service.   While AC will generally not allow seat assignments until there is a real ticket number (which means the cruise line has paid) there are plenty of other airlines that will allow seat assignments as soon as there is a confirmed reservation.  But then again, you have British Air where one can buy a $5,000 Business Class seat, through a cruise line or anywhere else, and not be allowed to select a seat until the day before a trip!

Hank

11 minutes ago, SDWalt said:

From the comments, it seems more of the airlines are preventing seat selection until ticketing occurs.  This makes EZAir a lot less attractive!

This is really no difference than buying a ticket directly with the airlines and then picking your seat.  You can't pick a seat until the fare is paid for (sometimes many months before a cruise) without the luxury of flexible air (EZ Air).

Posted (edited)

Interesting that some of you are having issues with WestJet. We don’t sail until February but I’ve been able to book seats and prepay for our checked luggage already. Even though EZAir said I couldn’t. And I have not paid for our cruise or our airfare yet.

Edited by canadarocks

I was able to book our return trip for our British Isles trip next year. I was able to selected a business class seats, but why do they make you wait a day past the cruise? Is that because no flights are available? I found nothing on the cruise disembarkation date. This will be just our second Princess cruise and never used EZ air before.