Don't book this (these) rooms

SPARKY12

I think cabin E1 on the Carnival Fasination could have been designed as a walk in closet, that workers had finished into a tiny cabin before a foreman caught 'em and decided "oh well...number it." We can live with that...thought we had it made cause they upgraded us from a inside to an outside w/ a porthole. We suffered through our first night at sea.. rough sea...and felt as though we were re-enacting the opening scene from Gilligans Island when the "Minnow" broke up!!! Woke up to the sound of what could have been the anchor being dropped...from our porthole.

We're good sports, so we just partied like crazy women, so that we didn't notice the room..at night ..when retiring.

We joked often, with our friends, that we were the women strapped to the front of the boat.

I think cabin E1 on the Carnival Fasination could have been designed as a walk in closet, that workers had finished into a tiny cabin before a foreman caught 'em and decided "oh well...number it." .

yikes--for that is the reason NOT to book a guaratee if i ever heard of one. You got a 5A which is not a great upgrade= as you saw for yourself. Yes, you got one of the worse cabins.

Yes you will hear the anchors drops and yes--you would feel the most motion compared to the rest of the people on your deck.

But now you discovered cruise critic you cant let that happen again.

Just an update on cabin 8324 on the Conquest. We had a great view of the ports for each day, so sitting out on the balcony as we sailed away was great! It is under the Lido deck, so it can get very noisy. The sound of scraping chairs was heard almost all hours, so if you are a light sleeper then this could be a problem. However, I can sleep through pretty much anything, so it wasn't a problem for me. The room was bigger than I thought it would be, and our steward, while not the friendliest of persons, was efficient. I also LOVED being able to just go up one deck to the Lido to get food, drinks, etc. It does face the west, so it can get a little warm in the afternoon, if the curtains are not closed.

We had cabin 5123 on the Spirit a few weeks back and I would not recomend this room to anyone that does not need a cabin with a connecting door. It was just awful. We could hear every sound that came from next door. We could even smell the cigarette smoke, when the smoked in there room.:eek: It was terrible. I am not sure if it was loud because the peole were VERY loud, or it was because that connecting door was there. None the less, I will never do that again.

We had cabin 5123 on the Spirit a few weeks back and I would not recomend this room to anyone that does not need a cabin with a connecting door. It was just awful. We could hear every sound that came from next door. We could even smell the cigarette smoke, when the smoked in there room.:eek: It was terrible. I am not sure if it was loud because the peole were VERY loud, or it was because that connecting door was there. None the less, I will never do that again.

I never book a room with a connecting door unless we have BOTH cabins!! You are right!!

Carnival Conquest: Cabins 6438, 6442, 6454

These cabins are located just above the Degas Lounge and the noise is TERRIBLE. We traveled with two other couples. We personally had cabin 6442. The extended balcony was wonderful and the L-shaped room was nice. However, the noise from below was unbearable. It vibrated the floors, windows and even the glass shelves in the bathroom. You could hear every word of the song and every strum of the guitars, not to mention the bass. All very loud. We requested a change of room immediately, but weren't moved until the next day. The first night in the cabin wasn't very pleasant. Just beware of these cabins unless you are a VERY heavy sleeper, or you don't stay in your cabin much.

If you want to rest, don't book cabin 9273 on the Lido deck of the Conquest. It's right by the elevators and close enough to the Lido deck that all partygoers end up right outside your door on their way to their cabins. (at all hours of the night). Also, we were on their Thanksgiving cruise so there were lots of kids running all over the ship at all hours. The location of the cabin was great during the day, but the noise at night made it not worth it. Geez, I sound like my parents..:eek:

Just got off the CB and had this full suite. Previews reviewers are correct.....there is an extremely noisy exhaust vent next to the balcony. It was LOUD and annoying...plus there is a wicked stench on the balcony. Smells like garbage that's been left out in the sun. We NEVER used our nice, big balcony!

The noise from the vent was heard non-stop inside the stateroom as well.

PLUS, there was a constant vibration (annoying) under the bed area!!!

AND, we suffered through Tropical Storm OLGA to boot YIKES

The Caribbean Princess CREAKS non-stop, it's scary.

It wasn't our first but definetely our last cruise with Princess, thankyou.

Can anyone tell me about noise factor with this cabin. I booked a cat 8B and was "upgraded" to a cat 8I... hmmmm now I find out this cabin is under the lido deck. I am a bit worried about noise from chairs on the pool deck... any input would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Sailing Feb 18th 2008

Can anyone tell me about noise factor with this cabin. I booked a cat 8B and was "upgraded" to a cat 8I... hmmmm now I find out this cabin is under the lido deck. I am a bit worried about noise from chairs on the pool deck... any input would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Sailing Feb 18th 2008

I had a cabin under the lido deck and heard a lot of dragging chairs. It was most bother some, because most of the time it was very EARLY in the morning:eek: . It was the main reason why I did not take an upgrade to an 8I on our last cruise.

I had a cabin under the lido deck and heard a lot of dragging chairs. It was most bother some, because most of the time it was very EARLY in the morning:eek: . It was the main reason why I did not take an upgrade to an 8I on our last cruise.

OH GREAT...lol thanks for your reply. I don't think I can change now, and the cost has goneway up since I booked my cruise no so thought of trying to upgrade a cat either to different floor...

Thanks in advance.

Sailing Feb 18th 2008

you are smack dab right in the middle of the midship pool area. It IS An extended balcony though so the balcony will be bigger then a reg cat 8B.

It will depend on what kind of sleeper you are- People who generally are verylight sleepers will hear the scapping of the chairs. (in the morning is when they are setting the chairs up.) it should pass quickly.

you are smack dab right in the middle of the midship pool area. It IS An extended balcony though so the balcony will be bigger then a reg cat 8B.

It will depend on what kind of sleeper you are- People who generally are verylight sleepers will hear the scapping of the chairs. (in the morning is when they are setting the chairs up.) it should pass quickly.

Thanks for the info... sleeping will be an issue.

My DH was the sole survivor of 3 of a head on auto accident in Nov and has a broken back. So needless to say he doesn't sleep well from discomfort. I was able to call Carnival and they changed us to one deck lower with an extended balcony so we will be safe from chair scrapping now...

ok, I need advise. we are booked on the Glory Easter week of 2009. Hubby, 2 DD's. have to do this week due to school schedules. I booked the balcony guarentee thinking that getting a balconey would be really cool. after reading all this stuff I am wondering if it is the wrong move. Possibly the ship will be full and we will get a crappy cabin?? Easter week/Spring Break so the clubs will be open longer and a louder crowd?

anyone that knows of an exact cabin number or area for me, I would appreciate it. I am starting to think the Balc guarentee is a dumb move.:confused:

If anyone has any information they would like to share regarding Cabin 8148 on the Legend, I would be grateful. I see that it is an extended balcony on the Panorama Deck, but I am curious about any other info available.

Thank you.

ok, I need advise. we are booked on the Glory Easter week of 2009. Hubby, 2 DD's. have to do this week due to school schedules. I booked the balcony guarantee thinking that getting a balconey would be really cool. after reading all this stuff I am wondering if it is the wrong move. Possibly the ship will be full and we will get a crappy cabin?? Easter week/Spring Break so the clubs will be open longer and a louder crowd?

anyone that knows of an exact cabin number or area for me, I would appreciate it. I am starting to think the Balc guarentee is a dumb move.:confused:

Balcony's are great in my opinion. I would go on Carnivals' site as if you were going to book online, that way you could see which cabins are still available that would accommodate the 4 of you. With the balcony guarantee you could get a balcony with an obstructed view.You could call Carnival and book the one you want and know where your going to be when you book. I would not book on a deck that does not have cabins above and below due to possible noise factor or crowds. Hope this helps a bit.

If they offer you an upgrade check to see what is above and below the cabin before you take it... I took an upgrade then later found it was right under the pool deck... didn't want to hear the scrapping of chairs in the early morning hours every day...lol do I had to change to one deck lower.

If anyone has any information they would like to share regarding Cabin 8148 on the Legend, I would be grateful. I see that it is an extended balcony on the Panorama Deck, but I am curious about any other info available.

Thank you.

You will be right under the POOL deck... pretty much just under the Camelot/spa pool area. I was booked on the Spirit same deck and was worried about noise from pool deck and was told by most that have stayed on deck 8 they could hear scrapping of chairs in the early morning hours.Some did say they didn't really hear anything or just take ear plugs. I did some investigating and talked to Carnival and was told "Well, yes some do complain about the scrapping of chairs in the very early morning hours but it only last a short time". So I was able go one deck lower so no chair scrapping worries any more... hope this helps.

You will be right under the POOL deck... pretty much just under the Camelot/spa pool area. I was booked on the Spirit same deck and was worried about noise from pool deck and was told by most that have stayed on deck 8 they could hear scrapping of chairs in the early morning hours.Some did say they didn't really hear anything or just take ear plugs. I did some investigating and talked to Carnival and was told "Well, yes some do complain about the scrapping of chairs in the very early morning hours but it only last a short time". So I was able go one deck lower so no chair scrapping worries any more... hope this helps.

Thanks for the quick response. I suspected that this might be the case with the location of the cabin.

3413 - window

Booked a guaranteed outside cabin through AAA in June 2007 for 12/23/07 cruise.

Confirmed the exact cabin in November. Was assured by AAA that it was an unobstructed view.

If you check HAL's web site/deckplans, it appears to be an unobstructed view.

WRONG! the walkaround deck is deck 3 - Lower Promenade. very convenient for us as we love to walk. BUT, the window is a total waste as folks can see in when you have your lights on. It is one-way glass, but you can see in...i know because I checked every cabin along the way :)

Also, the railing is actually a wall. From 3401 to aft has this problem. If you head towards the front of ship, the railing is more of a "fence" than a wall.

ok, I need advise. we are booked on the Glory Easter week of 2009. Hubby, 2 DD's. have to do this week due to school schedules. I booked the balcony guarentee thinking that getting a balconey would be really cool. after reading all this stuff I am wondering if it is the wrong move. Possibly the ship will be full and we will get a crappy cabin?? Easter week/Spring Break so the clubs will be open longer and a louder crowd?

http://cruiseclues.com/shipstips/carnivalglory.htm

how old are the kids?

what is a price difference of booking a balcony cat 8B with an inside cabin for the 2 girls?

Price the difference between what you are booked at now to the price of a ca 8B now. this is the Empress deck--which puts you between decks of cabin space and away from public areas.

Look for cabin close to the aft elevators. (7404)

book he 6:15 dinner seating too. the later one conflicts with the kids programs. 5:45 is too early.

Anyone been in this room. How obstructed is the view. It is a 7A. I went to the web site and it looks like the lifeboats are on the floor under us. Anyone have pictures or can you help. I may need to change rooms. I did get a great deal though. Thanks everyone. Great Thread.:D