Don't book this (these) rooms

SPARKY12

How bad is the very first oceanview room on a lower deck?

depends on the ship- could have a problem with the anchor dropping which could be very loud awakening. Front of the ship also feels the most movement.

We had a CTN where our cabin was the front most-- we heard the waters crashing on the side as we moved or way through the waters. (never again)

you were lucky- usually when you book guarantee..you gotta take what they give you-- whats the chance you will get moved again before your sailing?

Did you get an extended balcony with the move?

SPirit class ships are different when comparing that noise with other ships.

First off, why are the Spirit class ships different when comparing noise with other ships?

We first tried to book online, couldn't so we had to call Carnival. We had picked a certain cabin and was asked why I picked that cabin. I said cuz it was in our price range and looked like a good area. I was told they could upgrade us to an 8I (extended balcony) cuz we were past guests and there was a special right then. So they upgraded us to an 8I just under the LIDO deck. I was happy until I found the cabin was just under the area between the bar and pool area...lol I called back a couple weeks later and asked if I could down grade to a 8G one deck lower, still with an extended balcony and they said ok and they moved us for no charge.

Spirit class ships have better noise insulation than the other ships.

THe disco-- you cant hear a thing from the disco unless you go through the revolving doors.. there is a jazz club right outside the disco. and the music does not interfer with each other.

the bottom floor of the disco is located on the riveria deck-- right next to cabins and cant hear nothing there either--not even in the halls.

When in the cabin you cant hear whats going on in the hall. We had 1211 on the miracle which was a gathering place for the cabin stewards during the morning. Didnt hear them until we opened the door.

--

Also- when booking online you dont get some discounts that you may be entitled to-- like the past guest ones with free upgrades.. (some times they are available online--most times you gotta call)

also look for residency rates. or senior rates, or military rates. Even if you or your spouse is not serving now--only need a DD214

I was in 7192 on the Miracle a few weeks ago (a Spirit class ship). This was an 8G (extended balcony, midship, port).

There were some VERY loud scraping noises (I couldn't tell if it was from the Lido deck or from other people dragging the chairs on their balcony near/above us), and we could also vaguely hear the pool band.

But while inside the cabin? Nothing. It was very quiet.

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this room or location? This is our first time up this high and based on what I'm reading here I'm thinking I should try to go back down, at least 1 deck:o Any thoughts??

i

- Your cabin is located under the buffet--which is a carpeted area--you wont hear noise from the area

you are sailing during a peak week- lots of kids will be onboard

i

- Your cabin is located under the buffet--which is a carpeted area--you wont hear noise from the area

you are sailing during a peak week- lots of kids will be onboard

Thanks for your responses to all the posts...sharing your knowledge is very much appreciated:) I know I feel much better about our cabin location now!

As for the abundance of kids that will most likely be on board, I'm okay with that as long as they're not playing Marco-Polo in the adult only whirlpool.lol

http://cruiseclues.com/shipstips/rhapsodyoftheseas.htm

considering how big deck 7 is ---- got a cabin number??

Cruise critics represents less then 1% of the sailing public. Hvae you googled your cabin number (with the ships name?) thats how I found the aweseom cabin on caribeban princess.

Now why didn't I think of that. I'm going GOOGLING.:D

Best rule of thumb when booking a cabin, Look at your deck plans do book above or below dinning area, clubs, pool, gym. A lot of Carnival ships have deck 2(Main),deck6(upper) part of deck 8 verandah

If on the bottom up front watch for noise from anchor, on back thrusters,

Is there a lot of noise above the dining area? I am considering an aft suite just above the dining area on the new Eurodam from the HAL line

Brother-in-law just got assigned this one (booked as a guarantee)...

It is on A deck midship port...an inside cabin.......

Any input on this one, or just on the general "area" it is in??

I guess one good thing, it is midship and as low as you can go, so seasickness should be a moot point :)

Miracle 8191:

Any one stayed in this cabin?

Thanks!!!

The Panorama Deck layout is a bit different than the Veranda Deck. I thought 8191 would be a deck up, starboard, from where I was in 7192, but it's further aft.

It looks like you should be right under Horatio's. I don't imagine there will be a whole lot of noise there. I sat at tables in that area. Just a few booths and tables by the window. You aren't under the aft pool or the main pool. You probably won't get as much pool-band sound as we did.

The Panorama Deck layout is a bit different than the Veranda Deck. I thought 8191 would be a deck up, starboard, from where I was in 7192, but it's further aft.

It looks like you should be right under Horatio's. I don't imagine there will be a whole lot of noise there. I sat at tables in that area. Just a few booths and tables by the window. You aren't under the aft pool or the main pool. You probably won't get as much pool-band sound as we did.

Thanks, that what I was thinking.

I'm getting ready to book class 8A on Spirit northbound to Alaska in 2009. I know I'd prefer the starboard side, so how does the 4165 thru 4187 group of cabins on the Main Deck look? I assume they are all 185 square foot cabins with 40 square foot balconies, correct? I like the fact that they have cabins above and the atrium/photo galley below. It's my first cruise so I appreciate any and all advice!