Don't book this (these) rooms

SPARKY12

Can anyone tell me if NCL cabin 11100 which is near lift and stairwell going to have a problem with excessive noise from people using them at all times of the day and night.

You need to put the name of the ship in the dialog.

When on iPad, can’t see title.

We stay near elevators all of the time & never find it a problem.

Once your door is closed, you can hear muffled sounds, but not much.

Judy

You need to put the name of the ship in the dialog.

When on iPad, can’t see title.

We stay near elevators all of the time & never find it a problem.

Once your door is closed, you can hear muffled sounds, but not much.

Judy

Cheers Judy

NCL Spirit...cabin 11100 thanks good to know at least that with doors closed sound is muffled

[emoji28] nancy

• 3 weeks later...

I was assigned cabin 9240 as a guarantee mini suite balcony on the Getaway.....it is above the Sugarcane lounge on deck 8....EXTREMELY LOUD MUSIC (no exaggeration!!) every night between 8PM, and Midnight....also occasionally earlier in the eve. Only one night they had just a piano player, and could barely hear that. There was no noise from neighboring cabins, but noise from below is unbearable at night.

Can anyone tell me if NCL cabin 11100 which is near lift and stairwell going to have a problem with excessive noise from people using them at all times of the day and night.

we only stay by the stairs/lifts now. IF people are loud and rude-- they will be loud and rude walking the halls.

I think you will be fine

I was assigned cabin 9240 as a guarantee mini suite balcony on the Getaway.....it is above the Sugarcane lounge on deck 8....EXTREMELY LOUD MUSIC (no exaggeration!!) every night between 8PM, and Midnight....also occasionally earlier in the eve. Only one night they had just a piano player, and could barely hear that. There was no noise from neighboring cabins, but noise from below is unbearable at night.

I've only been attracted to a balcony guaranty ($2,000 off of the cabin) on a relatively small ship where all balconies were on only two decks, and all of them had passenger cabins above/below! Have to keep reminding myself (and you see this especially with refits where cabins are "added" to locations which previously was empty space) that cabins are basically tin cans, and sound travels excellently through metal! Also, have seen often that sound systems are mounted to ceilings (just think about the people trying to sleep just above these ceilings?).

DJ:)

we only stay by the stairs/lifts now. IF people are loud and rude-- they will be loud and rude walking the halls.

I think you will be fine

That's true!!! Thanks for reminding me... [emoji1][emoji15][emoji33][emoji16]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Carnival Magic 6437.... Has anyone stayed in this cabin? Just wondering...

I'm so excited. It's my first balcony, I've only stayed in inside cabins on my other two cruises. I know my 70 year old parents will be next door to us, I hope they don't make too much noise.

Carnival Magic 6437.... Has anyone stayed in this cabin? Just wondering...

I'm so excited. It's my first balcony, I've only stayed in inside cabins on my other two cruises. I know my 70 year old parents will be next door to us, I hope they don't make too much noise.

IF this is your first bALCONY consider going higher. Your view will not be of the water that you may be imagining but the Lanai under your balcony.

you will not be getting the tranquil effects of the sounds of the water..but the people below you.

The higher you go the better it is for the Lanai or consider moving back into the aft of the ship (Purple area on your deck plans) Stay to the left side-- its over the "steak house" and away from the noise area. Piano bar stays open til late in the evening early in the morning

Edited by serene56

Having cabins next to each other should not be important as you can not hang out in each others cabins- they are just not big enough to hold everyone.

but meeting up in the places you are going to be will help

Each person tke a highlighter and mark up your activity pages to see where every one will be at any given time.

as large as the ship is==you will not lose anyone. :cool::cool:

Although very few ships have cabins that are connected through an interior door (and you may not be happy with their location), we've found that most adjacent balconies can be opened up between. When we travel with family, children/teens often move between cabins and, weather permitting, talking, reading, or time alone can vary with location. We had a late July RT Seattle Alaska week with 3 adjacent balconies and one dinning table for dinner. One of my favorite vacations (including grandchildren riding trains, watching whales, etc.). (Far less hectic than Disney World.) Have selected upcoming July British Isles for easy access to laundry, buffet, and youth/teen activity. Really enjoy Europe-based Roll Calls as most participants are quite focused on planning port experiences.

Good luck,

Although very few ships have cabins that are connected through an interior door (and you may not be happy with their location), we've found that most adjacent balconies can be opened up between. When we travel with family, children/teens often move between cabins and, weather permitting, talking, reading, or time alone can vary with location. We had a late July RT Seattle Alaska week with 3 adjacent balconies and one dinning table for dinner. One of my favorite vacations (including grandchildren riding trains, watching whales, etc.). (Far less hectic than Disney World.) Have selected upcoming July British Isles for easy access to laundry, buffet, and youth/teen activity. Really enjoy Europe-based Roll Calls as most participants are quite focused on planning port experiences.

Good luck,

When there are only 2 couples - or family with 2 cabins, we find it nice to have the inside door between cabins. NCL has many such set ups. The balcony sharing is great also.

Judy

• 2 months later...

Explorer of the seas don't book cabins 9293 or 9291 as the noise in the night when they are cleaning the pool sounds as if a drain is overflowing & when they drag things around it is so noisy. Also there are a couple of cabins on deck 8 can't remember the numbers

• 4 weeks later...

NCL Breakaway and sister ship Getaway white spaces.

I saw that the crew "pantry" is across from cabin 13473.

This should be of concern because it's where the stewards fill their ice chests. So lots of action.

Crew stairs doors are across from rooms 13124, 13724. But I only noticed them in use on luggage day.

There are other crew stairs behind passenger stairs. (13168,13768, 13282, 13882) and also near across from 13240 and 13840. not sure exact cabin opposite stair door.

A firewall exists between cabins 13126 and 13128; 13726 and 13728. This might affect connecting balconies (though I'm not sure).

The firewall and stairs naturally extend through most of the decks.

Also, there's a crew "locker" between cabins 13445 and 13449. The door opens across from doors to 13435/13437. 13445 and 13449 open in another corridor. Not sure what's in a "locker".

Oh and my cabin 13120 was OK. It's a bit of a hike from the stairs, which can be a good thing!? The best part is that the bed is next to the balcony so I would slide the curtains the opposite way and watch the action from bed. Most piers on my itinerary were on the opposite side.

• 2 weeks later...
Looking for information on 1890 RC Freedom of the seas Deck 12?

We have booked cabin R735 on the Royal Princess. I've seen a little info regarding vibration issues. How bad is it? Should I change my cabin. We have always loved sailing on the cabins at the back of the ship. The views are always great. Just wondering if the bigger ships create more vibration.

Pattie

Hi alll cruisers

on Goldern princess april 2016 melbourne to Hong Kong

just been upgraded (downgraded?) to a lower deck D aft to a minisuite with balcony. any experiences with minisuites aft compared to what I booked midship C deck ?

concerned about engine shaking and motion sickness. No problems on two previous Princess cruises.

thanks

john

Hi alll cruisers . on Goldern princess april 2016 melbourne to Hong Kong just been upgraded (downgraded?) to a lower deck D aft to a minisuite with balcony. any experiences with minisuites aft compared to what I booked midship C deck ? .concerned about engine shaking and motion sickness. No problems on two previous Princess cruises.

thanks john

John,

Do you have experience with being sea sick? We have been lucky to snag an aft balcony and found we had wonderful experience. Sometimes these cabins have been added-on in subsequent dry docks. On our upcoming British Isles cruise we needed two adjacent mini-suites and had the choice of two decks. I was advised against the the lowest deck choice because of the public space below these cabins. Best advice is to make certain that the space below and above you are passenger cabins. Also useful not to be sound-sensitive and just enjoy. Have never sailed in Asia and my only concern has to do with the water conditions currently in the Pacific (all of these horrible storms).

• 2 weeks later...

Queen Victoria standard inside cabins are the smallest I have seen compared to HAL and P&O inside cabins. Cabin 5074 had an irregular dripping noise behind the wall. 10 Wooden pegs had been knocked into gaps at ceiling to no avail. Was this cabin fit for purpose! Moved after 2 nights to 7114. This cabin had a loud hum from an electric cabinet to one side and air conditioning unit above on deck 8. A disaster with no restful sleep even with earplugs for 49 nights.