Audio Books

LynnAB

You know, I was actually thinking about this on the drive in this morning. I think I will add the narrator to my log as well as the book and author. Will slow down the process of making it complete somewhat but what the heck.

Hi, Jim,

That's what I've been doing, although I have a very SMALL list so far <g>. When I set up the spreadsheet, I figured that would be a good idea. That way if I really LIKE a narrator, I can track down what else he or she has read. If I really DISLIKE a narrator, I can try to avoid those books, if possible. I think it's worth keeping track of.

Lynn

Hi, Jim,

That's what I've been doing, although I have a very SMALL list so far <g>. When I set up the spreadsheet, I figured that would be a good idea. That way if I really LIKE a narrator, I can track down what else he or she has read. If I really DISLIKE a narrator, I can try to avoid those books, if possible. I think it's worth keeping track of.

Lynn

Good idea, and there will be ones that fall into all of those categories. I will start to do the same as well. although I think the only way I would not listen to at all is if I both dislike the narrator and the very best feel wishy washy about the book. But it may have me read a book as opposed to listen to a book.

Good idea, and there will be ones that fall into all of those categories. I will start to do the same as well. although I think the only way I would not listen to at all is if I both dislike the narrator and the very best feel wishy washy about the book. But it may have me read a book as opposed to listen to a book.

Hi, Jim,

I just wanted to let you know I started listening to Dirty Blonde, too. I'm on Disc 2 and so far really enjoying it. It sure feels like some of the stories I hear everyday from attorneys but in a fiction not having to worry about writing down every word I hear kind of way. Very enjoyable!

I think I may have "discovered" a new author in Lisa Scottoline. I hope all her books are good, although I may have to search for some of them in the audio format. My library doesn't have all of them, and I'm starting to panic <g>. Okay, maybe not PANIC ... but as a fellow audio book enthusiast, I'm sure you understand ...

Lynn

Hi, Jim,

I just wanted to let you know I started listening to Dirty Blonde, too. I'm on Disc 2 and so far really enjoying it. It sure feels like some of the stories I hear everyday from attorneys but in a fiction not having to worry about writing down every word I hear kind of way. Very enjoyable!

I think I may have "discovered" a new author in Lisa Scottoline. I hope all her books are good, although I may have to search for some of them in the audio format. My library doesn't have all of them, and I'm starting to panic <g>. Okay, maybe not PANIC ... but as a fellow audio book enthusiast, I'm sure you understand ...

Lynn

Hi Lynn, f

Finished Dirty Blond today. Don't want to spoil it for you. Worth listening to. I will definitely do another Lisa Scottoline book. I do understand.

Hi, Jim,

Lynn

Hi Lynn, f

Finished Dirty Blond today. Don't want to spoil it for you. Worth listening to. I will definitely do another Lisa Scottoline book. I do understand.

Hi Lynn, f

Oh, that's good news. I'm only on disc 2 because in the car I'm STILL in the Scottish highlands <g>.

Oh, that's good news. I'm only on disc 2 because in the car I'm STILL in the Scottish highlands <g>.

Got another Lisa Scottoline audio book today Killer Smile. Have another author for you to ponder Jane Smiley, I have listened to 3 of her books as welll.

Got another Lisa Scottoline audio book today Killer Smile. Have another author for you to ponder Jane Smiley, I have listened to 3 of her books as welll.

Hi, Jim,

I love when you make suggestions! I feel like I've always been an avid reader, but SOMEHOW you suggest "new to me" books. I've been "looking" at some of Jane Smiley's books at the library. What have you read and enjoyed? I ALMOST took TEN DAYS IN THE HILLS out of the library, but it has very bad reviews. Honestly, though, I don't always go by reviews. Books ... and movies ... are way toooooo subjective. Jane Smiley's books look very interesting to me.

Lynn

Hi, Jim,

I love when you make suggestions! I feel like I've always been an avid reader, but SOMEHOW you suggest "new to me" books. I've been "looking" at some of Jane Smiley's books at the library. What have you read and enjoyed? I ALMOST took TEN DAYS IN THE HILLS out of the library, but it has very bad reviews. Honestly, though, I don't always go by reviews. Books ... and movies ... are way toooooo subjective. Jane Smiley's books look very interesting to me.

Lynn

I have read/listened to several of her books. 10 days in the hills which is about an over the hill producer in Hollywood (OK), 1000 Acres about two sisters inheriting a farm (OK as well) you might not like this too much as there is some death and sadness, and Good Faith about entrepanuers (sp?) in rural PA. I liked this one. Duplicate Keys and At Paradise Gate are on my wish list.

Jim

I have read/listened to several of her books. 10 days in the hills which is about an over the hill producer in Hollywood (OK), 1000 Acres about two sisters inheriting a farm (OK as well) you might not like this too much as there is some death and sadness, and Good Faith about entrepanuers (sp?) in rural PA. I liked this one. Duplicate Keys and At Paradise Gate are on my wish list.

Jim

It sounds like this author writes several different kinds of books. Interesting! Duplicate Keys is certainly intriguing by the blurb that I read on Amazon.com about it.

I'm really glad you're liking Lisa Scottoline. I'm glad I could suggest a "new" author to you since you're being so helpful with me. I'm really LIKING Barbara Rosenblat as a narrator. I've been looking at the list of other books she narrates to see what I might like.

Lynn

I have been listening to audio books for sometime now. I highly recommend using an ipod and i would also recommend audible.com they have a large selection of books and you can get their platinum membership which gives you two books a month for 23 bucks. of course (you didnt hear this from me but) you can always download free books from and bittorrent site and there is an online library that offers a ton of free books, but they are all old/classics nothing new and exciting.

I have been listening to audio books for sometime now. I highly recommend using an ipod and i would also recommend audible.com they have a large selection of books and you can get their platinum membership which gives you two books a month for 23 bucks. of course (you didnt hear this from me but) you can always download free books from and bittorrent site and there is an online library that offers a ton of free books, but they are all old/classics nothing new and exciting.

Hi!

I'm excited because my son gave me a gift certificate to Audible.com as part of my Christmas gift. I feel like a little kid here trying to decide WHAT I want to get!!!

I see you're going on Freedom. We were on it in 2006 and Liberty in 2007. Have a blast!!! We love that ship!!!

Lynn

Hi!

I'm excited because my son gave me a gift certificate to Audible.com as part of my Christmas gift. I feel like a little kid here trying to decide WHAT I want to get!!!

I see you're going on Freedom. We were on it in 2006 and Liberty in 2007. Have a blast!!! We love that ship!!!

Lynn

Congratulations on the Audible gift. I am sure that you will really enjoy it!!!!

Congratulations on the Audible gift. I am sure that you will really enjoy it!!!!

I know, Jim! Thank you for saying that. I was REALLY surprised because on Christmas Eve my son gave me a beautiful necklace of two intertwined hearts, one with little rubies and one with little diamonds. He said that signifies our love for each other. What a GREAT 21-year-old son I have, right???? I am definitely a lucky, blessed mother.

Christmas MORNING when I checked my email, the gift certificate notification was there. My son said he ordered it about a month and a half ago, to be delivered on Christmas. What a wonderful surprise THAT was! Wow, I'm excited!!!

Lynn

I finished DIRTY BLONDE. I thought it was excellent! What fun to listen to! Of course, Barbara Rosenblat is amazing, but I also enjoyed the book immensely and want to listen to ALL of Lisa Scottoline's books.

One comment! That judge is something else, though, isn't she??????????? Wow! Definitely made for an interesting story line.

Lynn

I finished DIRTY BLONDE. I thought it was excellent! What fun to listen to! Of course, Barbara Rosenblat is amazing, but I also enjoyed the book immensely and want to listen to ALL of Lisa Scottoline's books.

One comment! That judge is something else, though, isn't she??????????? Wow! Definitely made for an interesting story line.

Lynn

I know, I was not sure where the story was going in the beginning.....

I have read another book or at least a short story about underground burning coal fields in PA. Must be really something, I wonder if they are really in Lisa Scottoline;s past smehow ashtey really don't tie in to the story.

I know, Jim! Thank you for saying that. I was REALLY surprised because on Christmas Eve my son gave me a beautiful necklace of two intertwined hearts, one with little rubies and one with little diamonds. He said that signifies our love for each other. What a GREAT 21-year-old son I have, right???? I am definitely a lucky, blessed mother.

Christmas MORNING when I checked my email, the gift certificate notification was there. My son said he ordered it about a month and a half ago, to be delivered on Christmas. What a wonderful surprise THAT was! Wow, I'm excited!!!

Lynn

Wow, very nice, you're right he is special.

I know, I was not sure where the story was going in the beginning.....

I have read another book or at least a short story about underground burning coal fields in PA. Must be really something, I wonder if they are really in Lisa Scottoline;s past smehow ashtey really don't tie in to the story.

I know. I was wondering the same thing, too ... so I Googled info on Lisa Scottoline. Apparently, yes, she is from Pennsylvania and has had an interest in the coal fields for a long time. I, on the other hand, knew NOTHING about them. I Googled Centralia because I wondered if it was really true. It's an AMAZING story!!! I can't even believe how these fires are STILL burning underground up there and how this is virtually a ghost town now. What a story!!!!!!!! I really like that I LEARNED something from the book while I was enjoying the fun/escapism factor.

Lynn

Hi, Jim,

I was just thinking about a past message of yours. WHICH services "time out," if you know? If I start my membership with Audible.com and choose several titles to download, are they going to time out on me? If that's the case, I don't want to take too many at once. I'm really clueless about this part of the services. Please help!

Thanks,

Lynn

Wow, very nice, you're right he is special.

I know! He hasn't been working all that long, and it's only part-time since he's in school. This was a biggee for him, to be sure. He definitely keeps me going!!!

Lynn

Hi, Jim,

I was just thinking about a past message of yours. WHICH services "time out," if you know? If I start my membership with Audible.com and choose several titles to download, are they going to time out on me? If that's the case, I don't want to take too many at once. I'm really clueless about this part of the services. Please help!

Thanks,

Lynn

I was referring to the free ones via the library (they might be unique in that manner). I did check the audible website and saw nothing there that refers to timeouts. You may want to email them and ask them specifically so that you know before (if) it happens.

Jim