• See a soccer game
    • Visit the surrounding countryside
    • Beatles stuff
    • Shopping
    • Hop On Hop Off Bus Tour
    • Williamson Tunnels
    • Research Family History
    • Other - Please post details

I contacted Arnold Clark but have not had a response as yet (11 am Aug 3rd) If I do not hear from them by Friday the 6th I will call them when we arrive in London and obtain our international telephone.

Thank you again for all your assistance.

I contacted Arnold Clark but have not had a response as yet (11 am Aug 3rd) If I do not hear from them by Friday the 6th I will call them when we arrive in London and obtain our international telephone.

No problem. And like I said, if the car thing doesn't work out you'll have a fantastic day in our very welcoming city.:)

And don't forget about the 8 hour difference between here and CA. People generally finish work here at 5pm, so bear that in mind and get up early to telephone Liverpool.

Edited by Towncar T

Here's a thing. I drove along the dock road today, right past Arnold Clark's. It really is quite close to the cruise terminal (probably a mile or so maximum I'd guess). However, there are TWO Arnold Clark's. The first is their car showroom, which sells cars. The car and van rental place is a good few hundred yards further on, although it is on the same side (the left side) of the road. So make sure that if you get a taxi, that you get out at the correct place. It is clearly marked as 'car and van rental' and is AFTER the car showroom.:)

I have to tell you that I heard from Lisa of Arnold Clark with a quote. Thank you for all your assistance. When I notified each member of my group I also read them your post about all the things to see and do in Liverpool. Guess what - you talked them into staying in Liverpool for the day!!

You are a great spokesperson for the city. Thanks again for all the information and telephones calls for me.

I have to tell you that I heard from Lisa of Arnold Clark with a quote. Thank you for all your assistance. When I notified each member of my group I also read them your post about all the things to see and do in Liverpool. Guess what - you talked them into staying in Liverpool for the day!!

You are a great spokesperson for the city. Thanks again for all the information and telephones calls for me.

Good call! Trust me, you won't be disappointed.

Chester is a nice city and North Wales is beautiful, but you'd need more time to do them justice. I truly think that a day spent in Liverpool will be very memorable for all the right reasons. Have a great trip and don't forget to come back here and tell us what you thought of 'The Pool.'

:):)

Hi, hope you can help me :)

- does Princess cruises dock at Pier Head?

-which would be the closest rail station to walk to for a train to Chester?

-coming back from Chester which would be the best station to get off at to walk to the Beatles Story

Hi, hope you can help me :)

- does Princess cruises dock at Pier Head?

-which would be the closest rail station to walk to for a train to Chester?

-coming back from Chester which would be the best station to get off at to walk to the Beatles Story

The Crown Princess does indeed dock at the Pier Head.

The nearest station for Chester is James Street, which is only a couple of hundred yards from the dock. You would also get off at James Street for the Beatles Story, assuming you mean the one at Albert Dock.

I'm pretty sure you have to change trains somewhere for Chester (Hooton?) No doubt one of our Wirral posters will come on and tell you soon.

Thanks a bunch. I checked Mersey Rail, (hoping that was the correct rail) and it lists no stops???

Do you know if Chester would routinely have cabs waiting at their rail station, or is there a stand nearby?

Liverpools history and renewal is fascinating, and definately worth a return visit for a longer stay.

Thanks a bunch. I checked Mersey Rail, (hoping that was the correct rail) and it lists no stops???

Do you know if Chester would routinely have cabs waiting at their rail station, or is there a stand nearby?

Liverpools history and renewal is fascinating, and definately worth a return visit for a longer stay.

You might be right about no stops, but I think it more likely that the website didn't list the stops, just the destinations. It's a very long time since I went to Chester by train. Here's a link to a good page on Merseyrail website, where you can plan your journey. Just plug in the times you want to travel and it comes up with all the details, (trains, ticket prices etc.) James Street station is really close to the Pier Head.

http://www.merseyrail.org/

As for taxis at Chester, I checked it out and there is indeed a taxi cab rank right outside the station. Here's a useful link actually showing the taxi rank.

http://www.chestertourist.com/chesterstation.htm

Of course, you could always stay in Liverpool and have the whole day to explore.;)

Edited by Towncar T

Right outside Chester Rail Station , you have cabs and busses , and there is sometimes a free bus..

The walk along city road and under the subay is only ten mins...

You could miss out on various sights if you get a cab..

Dont orget to visit spud u like..!! in the basment is the roman baths ..or what is left !!!

Will do, but it will have to be next time:) Thanks all for you info, very helpful. Can hardly wait to see the Three Graces :)

Three graces and a couple of carbuncles now, but still sends a shiver down my spine when I cross the Mersey.:)

• 3 weeks later...

It would be interesting to get some feedback from visitors to Liverpool to see what they thought of the city, good or bad. Please post your thoughts if you have recently visited the city. If you have any tips from a visitor's perspective that might help future visitors, please feel free to share them on here. Thanks :)

TowncarT,

We got back from our cruise about a week ago. I wanted to thank you for all of the great info. We enjoyed Liverpool very much and the information you provided was a big help.

Thanks!

TowncarT,

We got back from our cruise about a week ago. I wanted to thank you for all of the great info. We enjoyed Liverpool very much and the information you provided was a big help.

Thanks!

That's really good to know. Hope you get back here sometime. It's a great part of the world. Not just Liverpool, but the whole north west of England and north Wales.:)

• 4 weeks later...
It would be interesting to get some feedback from visitors to Liverpool to see what they thought of the city, good or bad. Please post your thoughts if you have recently visited the city. If you have any tips from a visitor's perspective that might help future visitors, please feel free to share them on here. Thanks :)

Well I suppose not that many people come back on here after they've visited. Either that or nobody actually came!!:)

We are going to be in Liverpool in may and we are going to do the north wales tour. Would rather see the country side than the city. Not much on museums.

Well North Wales is very nice indeed and has some of the best countryside around. Just remember your umbrella. The countryside doesn't have a roof!!!:)

I think I am going to get some ponchos. Other than that I think it will probably be on the cool side so I will be bring my zip out lining fleece that converts into a rain jacket. It's three separate jackets in one and is very versatile for our trips. Plus it would never rain on my vacation. He he.

I think I am going to get some ponchos. Other than that I think it will probably be on the cool side so I will be bring my zip out lining fleece that converts into a rain jacket. It's three separate jackets in one and is very versatile for our trips. Plus it would never rain on my vacation. He he.

May is a funny old month over here. This year we had many days in the 80'd during May & June and it was VERY dry. Since June it has rained non-stop, including right now!!

Edited by Towncar T