Silversea LA to Tahiti in February? Roll Call - Merged

denham76

We've reserved a hotel room at Dulles airport for Friday night just in case the forecast gets worse!

We are so ready for warm weather. Had to use the tractor with the snow blower to clear the driveway this morning!

See you all soon, I hope.

We've reserved a hotel room at Dulles airport for Friday night just in case the forecast gets worse!

We are so ready for warm weather. Had to use the tractor with the snow blower to clear the driveway this morning!

There is an 0630 United flight out of BWI on Friday MORNING...if you wait, you may not get out based on what they are calling for starting Friday noon and lasting until late Sat nite. You may want to consider that so you get the heck out of dodge!

Safe travels to all. We look forward to seeing you in Tahiti!

Cindy and Harry

Southwest Air says Sunday high 63 and low 41 and sunny

Sunny in Honolulu. Away we go!

Spook, when we meet amidst this horrible and freezing weather, will you buy me the first scotch or will I buy it for you?

Mike, I just don't know how your handling all that cold weather down there in the desert. Stay warm and know that it is still in the upper 80's in the south pacific. I would invite myself to have a scotch with you and Ron Sunday evening, but I am a bourbon type of person, maybe you guys will make an exception for me???? See you on Sunday evening or Monday morning. We are driving down to Camarillo on Friday to spend some time with my brother and he has graciously offered to drive us to San Pedro.

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Gary

Not looking good here. This is the latest here.

Another severe winter storm, with near blizzard conditions, is forecast to hit Arlington Fri., Feb. 5 through Sat., Feb. 6. Be prepared to shelter in place for 3 to 5 days . Please stay off the roads. Snow crews will plow primary and secondary roads first for emergency vehicles. After severe storms (more than 10”), it may take 36-48 hours after the snow stops before County plows can get to residential streets. Removal and treatment may take several days. For cancellations, more info, tips, visit the County Website (http://www.arlingtonva.us/portals/topics/TopicsWeatherWinter.aspx)

Sent by Arlington County OEM to All users (e-mail) through Arlington Alert

....powered by Cooper Notification RSAN

I just checked the weather via satellite and worked my way through more threads than I imagined to understand the weather for the cruise. Has anyone actually cruised the South Pacific in February?

My husband spent 3 days last weekend in the hospital...starting in an emergency room. To celebrate his clean bill of health....we have a suite on reserve...and flight booked on return from Tahiti....My concern is Monsoons and wicked weather. Please reply...if anyone has information!

Thanks,

Paula

Just checked the ocean weather at

http://www.oceanweather.com/data/

Looks like a nice smooth voyage. No Typhoons or Hurricanes!!!

Weather in FP is HOT, HUMID, Tropical thunderstorms which last maybe 1/2 hour, Just take light clothing, OFF, lots of sunscreen and shady hats.

Hope your DH is fully recovered.

See you, if you wish to join our CC group in the Bar at 10am Monday 2/8

I am so thankful to all my friends on Cruisecritic.com for encouraging us to change our flight reservations from Saturday. I must admit, I felt slightly foolish changing them to tomorrow morning, and quite frankly, it was a big hassle, and a big $ hit to do it, but after I did, I found out that our flight United just cancelled our flight on Saturday.

We leave tomorrow morning at 6 am from Dulles and will spend 2 blissful days in San Pedro at the Crowne Plaza. Of course that means a 1 am wake up (why bother going to bed), but we will be at Dulles bright and early tomorrow morning.

Safe travels to all!

WE ARE SO HAPPY YOU ARE COMING! I TOLD MIKE THAT IF IT WERE US ( WE NEVER BUY TRAVEL INSURANCE!) WE WOULD PAY THE $$$ TO SWITCH TO AN EARLIER FLIGHT TOO. BETTER THAN TO MISS THE GRAND TIMES WE ARE GOING TO HAVE AVOIDING CYCLONES IN THE SOUTH PACIFIC! (LOL) IN SAN PEDRO, CHECK OUT "PORTS OF CALL" FUN LITTLE VILLAGE ON THE WATERFRONT. RELAX AND ENJOY THE RAIN, BUT IT WILL BE ALL GONE ON SUNDAY!!!!!!:D :eek:

I just checked the weather via satellite and worked my way through more threads than I imagined to understand the weather for the cruise. Has anyone actually cruised the South Pacific in February?

My husband spent 3 days last weekend in the hospital...starting in an emergency room. To celebrate his clean bill of health....we have a suite on reserve...and flight booked on return from Tahiti....My concern is Monsoons and wicked weather. Please reply...if anyone has information!

Thanks,

Paula

Hi PAULA,

I hope you join us. We were in the South Pacific this same time last year. As David reported, it is hot, humid, rains on and off, and BEAUTIFUL! This is our 4th visit, and we have been in August, November, twice in February...........always pretty much the same except in August (dry season) there were more high winds than usually occur in the rainy season.

We are a great group and would love to meet the two of you! Have you been on SS Shadow before?

I am so thankful to all my friends on Cruisecritic.com for encouraging us to change our flight reservations from Saturday. I must admit, I felt slightly foolish changing them to tomorrow morning, and quite frankly, it was a big hassle, and a big $ hit to do it, but after I did, I found out that our flight United just cancelled our flight on Saturday.

We leave tomorrow morning at 6 am from Dulles and will spend 2 blissful days in San Pedro at the Crowne Plaza. Of course that means a 1 am wake up (why bother going to bed), but we will be at Dulles bright and early tomorrow morning.

Safe travels to all!

Safe journey! Good idea to come in a couple of days early. Sorry that it is going to rain for a couple of days but after the weather you have experienced it will seem like summer!!

See you on Monday morning all being well.

Safe travels to all!

Smart move! You had no choice and in the end, when you are lounging in LA, you will be saying that it was worth every penny! Too bad you couldn't go out of BWI....

Safe, snow-free, travels.

Cindy

Saf

Safe travels to all!

GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We can't wait to meet you and are so excited. Huge winter storm in the East, HUGE cyclone in Tahiti, but clear sailing in between (if not, a lot of time in the bar ---- errrrr, I mean, reading good books. =)

Hi PAULA,

I hope you join us. We were in the South Pacific this same time last year. As David reported, it is hot, humid, rains on and off, and BEAUTIFUL! This is our 4th visit, and we have been in August, November, twice in February...........always pretty much the same except in August (dry season) there were more high winds than usually occur in the rainy season.

We are a great group and would love to meet the two of you! Have you been on SS Shadow before?

Thank you so much for your information! I hope all works out .... we won't know until late today. Adrenalin junkies. We have the flight and suite reserved. If all works out, I will be very busy .... packing! Hoping to meet everyone.

Archived