Silversea LA to Tahiti in February? Roll Call - Merged

denham76

Rally, It appears you will get the email address you need. If not I can pass on any message for you. The good news is Gerardo is still holding court in the Panorama Lounge and ready to pour. White Horse only a blend but the Lagavulin sets it off from like priced peers. Untill recently I was paying $10.79 a fifith. Now it is $6 more.

$10.79 a FIFTH??????????????? More likely a drink!!!! I haven't received an email for you yet, but Gerardo will remember Signore Ferrari and his Sambuca each evening before Panorama louge officially opens. He will also remember my Dimple, and Mrs. Rally's vodka collins with a teaspoon of sugar.

If you click on my profile you will see another email address you can use.

$10.79 a FIFTH??????????????? More likely a drink!!!! I haven't received an email for you yet, but Gerardo will remember Signore Ferrari and his Sambuca each evening before Panorama louge officially opens. He will also remember my Dimple, and Mrs. Rally's vodka collins with a teaspoon of sugar.

I am known for typos but that price is not one.:eek::eek::eek: It sells for about $16.89 at present where I buy in Kaimuki. I would bring a bottle but that is like bringing good weather to Hawaii...if you get my pun on Newcastle. I will pass the above ID along tomorrow when I hear back from Shadow. We leave here Wednesday for PHX to spend a few days with a daughter then on to LAX and arrive pier about 2. Have a son picking us up and coming on Shadow for a beer or two...or three...but no more. See you all soonest.

Aloha, Ron and Dee

I am known for typos but that price is not one.:eek::eek::eek: It sells for about $16.89 at present where I buy in Kaimuki. I would bring a bottle but that is like bringing good weather to Hawaii...if you get my pun on Newcastle. I will pass the above ID along tomorrow when I hear back from Shadow. We leave here Wednesday for PHX to spend a few days with a daughter then on to LAX and arrive pier about 2. Have a son picking us up and coming on Shadow for a beer or two...or three...but no more. See you all soonest.

Aloha, Ron and Dee

Safe journey Ron & Dee. . . . . .

$16.89/fifth is riduclous vis a vis California prices. Bring a bottle so we can try it. I will bring a bottle of Grants (about the same price. . . and while you're up, bring me a Grants.) Dimple (aka Pinch) is about $45.00/fifth here. Of course, we are puritans in California --- unless it comes to the Lottery =) Speaking of Newcastle, I don't think they ship much coal these days but they do make a fine ale.

Mary & Mike Ferrari

Mary and Mike, Shadow has already repled and Gerardo awaits your message. If you don't go direct send me message and I will put it into an empty bottle of White Horse and set it adrift on the outgoing tide. Thanks to Costco Newcastle claims a premium shelf in the fridge

I might add we have a fantastic cruise consultant on this voyage who has gone above and beyond the call of Silversea duty.:p:p:p

Captain Tatulli came on In January so He should be there through March or April I would think.

Gilbert is heading the dining room and does a GREAT job.

Lodji, Honeybee, Cherry and Sonny and Hari are the bar servers and are all wonderful.

Antin in La Terazza was also very helpful and good.

Cruise consultant on our cruise was Kinga and she was a joy.

Cruise director we loved her but cannot remember her name.

Hotel Director Norman R. seemed very nice and helpful, always around.

We didn't take excurions (Caribbean.....) so had little to do with that.

Head Chef was Italian and big guy....he was on top of things....we saw him alot.

Thats your cast of characters....your going to love it!

Ciao! quote.gif

I have passed along your bio by way of the bottle. Silversea crew standing by with large net to scoop when it appears.

I have passed along your bio by way of the bottle. Silversea crew standing by with large net to scoop when it appears.

Thanks, Spook, and I also wrote to Gerardo (courtesy of Emtbsam.) We will try to beat you to the ship and check out the waters around it before embarking . . . . looking for that darn bottle!

Safe journey Ron & Dee. . . . . .

$16.89/fifth is riduclous vis a vis California prices. Bring a bottle so we can try it. I will bring a bottle of Grants (about the same price. . . and while you're up, bring me a Grants.) Dimple (aka Pinch) is about $45.00/fifth here. Of course, we are puritans in California --- unless it comes to the Lottery =) Speaking of Newcastle, I don't think they ship much coal these days but they do make a fine ale.

Mary & Mike Ferrari

i don't know much about Scotch but do know about Newcastle "Broon" Ale. Newcastle on Tyne is my home town. Unfortunately it is no longer manufactured there, the company was taken over by Heineken I believe, the old brewery was closed and the beer made somewhere else. They don't mine coal in the area anymore and the city has become a very clean and highly cultural city. But the people still do speak with a very colorful accent!!

i don't know much about Scotch but do know about Newcastle "Broon" Ale. Newcastle on Tyne is my home town. Unfortunately it is no longer manufactured there, the company was taken over by Heineken I believe, the old brewery was closed and the beer made somewhere else. They don't mine coal in the area anymore and the city has become a very clean and highly cultural city. But the people still do speak with a very colorful accent!!

"Carrying coals to Newcastle" and "Newcastle Ale" will live on forever . . . . . . . and we look forward to metting you soon.

"Carrying coals to Newcastle" and "Newcastle Ale" will live on forever . . . . . . . and we look forward to metting you soon.

There is a special ring to British place names; I think unique in the world..at least the English speaking world.

But my favorite stepback into history is to ride the London Underground Imagine alighting at Baker Street (mind the gap) and climbing to sunlight (?) past white tile walls with etched silhouettes of Sherlock Holmes bitting a flaccid pipe. Thumb the pages of Britsh history at Tower Hill, St. Paul Cathedral, Leicester Square, Westminster and Hyde Park Corner. Maybe mingle with the weirdo mob at Piccadilly Circus or enjoy tredition with a taste of strawberries and cream at Center Court Wimbledon.

And which is more British...Bond Street or James? And let us not overlook Marble Arch once site of a gallows after a final pint. And my favorite...Elephant And Castle. How many youngters have been tucked into bed with a promise of such an adventure? And did they dream of African safaris and knights in shining armor? Did Robin Hood visit them in their slumber?

For the sake of innocence, I hope so. For there is scant left in this world.

Bon voyage to all and to all a good-night.

What a way to wake up to nostalgia!!

Ron:

I too have a love affair with place names in many countries. On my list my favorites are,"Llanfairpwllgwyngyll-gogerychwyrndrobwll-llantysilio-gogogoch" a village in Anglesey, "Pity Me" in Durham, "Watendlath" near Keswick in Cumbria, "Wallsend" in Tyneside (end of Hadrian's Wall) "Auchtermuchty" near Fife, in Scotland.

The places we will visit have such wonderfully sounding names, many sound like words you would use playing with a baby, sounds like "snookey ooky" could be substituted with "(SH)Nuka Hiva!"

Enough of this foolery. Have a great week. Safe journey to LA and also from LAX to San Pedro!!!

Really looking forward to meeting you.

What a way to wake up to nostalgia!!

Ron:

I too have a love affair with place names in many countries. On my list my favorites are,"Llanfairpwllgwyngyll-gogerychwyrndrobwll-llantysilio-gogogoch" a village in Anglesey, "Pity Me" in Durham, "Watendlath" near Keswick in Cumbria, "Wallsend" in Tyneside (end of Hadrian's Wall) "Auchtermuchty" near Fife, in Scotland.

The places we will visit have such wonderfully sounding names, many sound like words you would use playing with a baby, sounds like "snookey ooky" could be substituted with "(SH)Nuka Hiva!"

Enough of this foolery. Have a great week. Safe journey to LA and also from LAX to San Pedro!!!

Really looking forward to meeting you.

If I'm not mistaken, David Lawton, who was CD on our Alaskan & Mexican cruises last fall on the Shadow, was from Llanfairpwllgwyngyll-gogerychwyrndrobwll-llantysilio-gogogoch.

Sure can't top those names. But I have had boots on the ground in Ambleside and am about to drive on Kalanianaole Hwy on way for my swim.:cool::cool:

Have a great swim Ron. Watch out for Ka Mano!!!

We have been all over the world and our very favorite area is the English Lake District. From boyhood I wandered its fells and valleys, read the poetry of its poets and literature of its authors. Whenever we go back to the UK a visit to Keswick, an amble in Borrowdale and a few days in one of the areas great hostelries is a must.

David.

David, A wee bit of England that is still England. We were in Stanley, Falkland Islands for the day and came away with the belief it is the purest bit of England left in what was the British Empire. So glad Maggy said, "not on my watch."

Welcome to our fantastic group of interesting people. I know nothing about bird watching (unless the type in Australia) but I will forward your names suite along to Shadow should you wish to join our get-together in The Bar at 10 am first morning at sea.

Ron:cool::cool:

This is our CC Roster.

Wishing everyone a safe journey to San Pedro and a most pleasant cruise.

Spook1 LA - HNL Ron & Dee LA -HNL #4 39

Sitmarboy Vancouver, BC LA - PPT Paul #434

Dwelsh Agoura Hills, CA LA - LA Betty & David #818

EMTBsam LA - LA Bob & Victoria, Maryland #523

Warren and Gay Lein - Chatworth CA #623

Markindayton Mark & Barbara #530

Kristysu Boca Rotan, FL LA -LA Kristy & Duff #501

Harcin Baltimore, MD Harry & Cindy PPT - LA #645

Roosteronboard, Gary & Linda, Rio Vista, CA LA-LA #634

Love@Cruise and Rally,

Mike & Mary Palm Desert California LA to LA #831

zqtchas, Carles & Elaine, Arlington VA #635

Edited 02/01

Hi! Charles and Elaine:

Welcome to the group. Hope you are able to join us on Monday morning.

Re bird watching - this is the site you need:-

http://www.camacdonald.com/birding/papolynesia.htm

Enjoy! Safe journey to the West Coast.

David.

Thanks y'all. Am worried about getting there. Just had 6" of snow, calling for more tomorrow nite & even more this wknd.

Are you flying out of Dulles on the 6th? We have to drive down from Baltimore and are hoping for no snow!

Oh well, just pack tonight and leave tomorrow. . . . you do not want to miss the ship . . . the next port is Nuku Hiva and getting to THAT airport will be fun +) Jus come a day early, relax in the warm ambience of San Pedro, California, and board the ship to the dulcet sounds of California Dreamin' . . . .

Archived