Silversea LA to Tahiti in February? Roll Call - Merged

denham76

This is our CC Roster.

Wishing everyone a safe journey to San Pedro and a most pleasant cruise.

Spook1 LA - HNL Ron & Dee LA -HNL #439

Sitmarboy Vancouver, BC LA - PPT Paul #434

Dwelsh Agoura Hills, CA LA - LA Betty & David #818

EMTBsam LA - LA Bob & Victoria, Maryland #523

Warren and Gay Lein - Chatworth CA #623

Markindayton Mark & Barbara #709

Kristysu Boca Rotan, FL LA -LA Kristy & Duff #501

Harcin Baltimore, MD Harry & Cindy PPT - LA #645

Roosteronboard, Gary & Linda, Rio Vista, CA LA-LA #634

Love@Cruise and Rally,

Mike & Mary Palm Desert California LA to LA #831

Hi Mike and Mary

Unfortunately we will be unable to meet since I will be leaving the ship in Papeete. However, in you latest post you mentioned booking Le Champagne with the wine pairings on line, yet I was unable to locate this option through accessing "my voyage". Please advice how I go about booking Le Champagne in advance? Have a great time sailing northward and enjoy your pre-cruise time on Moorea...it is Moorea where you are staying prior to the cruise isn't it?

We are doing the roundtrip LA to LA so we will in fact be able to meet. The certificate for la Champagne is available in the bon voyage gift section, you pay $150 ea for the certificate, and then when you dine, you are not charged the $200. ( You thereby save $50 per person. ) The purchase of the dining certificate does not get you a reservation for a specific night. You take it with you to rhe Maitre D when you board in LA and select the night you want to go. See you in LA.:)

Hiked up to the Makapu'u Lighthouse this am and saw plenty whales fairly close to cliffs. My daughter in for three days from Boise and she called her daughter on cell. Made me think cells weren't even around last I hiked to lighthouse and here she is yanking away to Idaho. I think the message here is I'm not getting any younger. The lighthouse was built in 1909 so something is older.:cool::cool::cool::cool:

Hiked up to the Makapu'u Lighthouse this am and saw plenty whales fairly close to cliffs. My daughter in for three days from Boise and she called her daughter on cell. Made me think cells weren't even around last I hiked to lighthouse and here she is yanking away to Idaho. I think the message here is I'm not getting any younger. The lighthouse was built in 1909 so something is older.:cool::cool::cool::cool:

When my brother and I helped build that lighthouse we knew, some day, someone important would visit. Thanks for visiting =)

Ron, you are not getting older, just better. At least you can still remember the last time you were there.:)

Marci you are too kind. Truth is I've been there sevral times but sure can't give the day, month, or year of last visit other than it was BCP.

My daughter took a photo concerning WW 2 which I will forward when she sends it to me. Subject our common interest. The view looks down onto Makapu'u Beach where I spent so much of my life body surfing and raising the kids.

Take care,

Ron:p:p:p

When my brother and I helped build that lighthouse we knew, some day, someone important would visit. Thanks for visiting =)

No doubt that makes you both senior citizens and me feel very, very, young. Thanks for the uplift.

love@Cruise thanks for your reply. After posting I realized that I mixed you up with another CC'er. Can I call or do I e-mail my request? Sounds like a clever idea...buying my own bon voyage gift.;)

ps ...and see you on board.

They want two weeks' notice for bon voyage gifts. I faxed mine yesterday and hope that will suffice.

love@Cruise thanks for your reply. After posting I realized that I mixed you up with another CC'er. Can I call or do I e-mail my request? Sounds like a clever idea...buying my own bon voyage gift.;)

ps ...and see you on board.

Yes, you mixed them up for me, but no worries, sorry we will not meet as we board in PPT!

Two questions for those who have been on the Shadow...we always bring a surge protector extension cord to get more outlets, is it necessary on this ship or are there ample outlets in the veranda cabin? Second, is there an ipod player in the cabin?

Thanks for your help,

Cindy

I have read on other threads that there is no iPod input available on the older ships. I have always taken a strip with me but I suppose it depends on your electronic cache. If you have digital camera, lap-top, video camera, iPod and a cellphone or two, I don't think there is a ship afloat with that many outlets in staterooms!!!

For the ladies: Bring a wrap or a shawl in the evenings and a sweater during the day. Sometimes on the Shadow, in the public areas, they have the AC down to "meat locker" temperature. Better to have it available than not.

Yes, you mixed them up for me, but no worries, sorry we will not meet as we board in PPT!

Two questions for those who have been on the Shadow...we always bring a surge protector extension cord to get more outlets, is it necessary on this ship or are there ample outlets in the veranda cabin? Second, is there an ipod player in the cabin?

Thanks for your help,

Cindy

There is one 110 outlet on the make-u- desk and one on the desk-desk (you women know what I mean -) So, as someone else said, if you need to constantly charge things, bring an exspansion outlet. We have only been in midship verandah suites and there is no ipod player in those.

This is our CC Roster.

Wishing everyone a safe journey to San Pedro and a most pleasant cruise.

Spook1 LA - HNL Ron & Dee LA -HNL #439

Sitmarboy Vancouver, BC LA - PPT Paul #434

Dwelsh Agoura Hills, CA LA - LA Betty & David #818

EMTBsam LA - LA Bob & Victoria, Maryland #523

Warren and Gay Lein - Chatworth CA #623

Markindayton Mark & Barbara #530

Kristysu Boca Rotan, FL LA -LA Kristy & Duff #501

Harcin Baltimore, MD Harry & Cindy PPT - LA #645

Roosteronboard, Gary & Linda, Rio Vista, CA LA-LA #634

Love@Cruise and Rally,

Mike & Mary Palm Desert California LA to LA #831

Edited 01/25

If our change of suites was forwarded to Shadow for a specific purpose, please let me know because obviously they already know for general reasons what cabin we will be in.

Because you directed the suite change to this thread I thought you'd like to have Shadow in the loop regaqrding our CC get-to-know-each-other meeting. Silversea reservations and our meeting have no correlation.:):)

As Mike pointed out earlier, this Bon Voyage gift saves you 25% on the

LC usal fee ($150 pp vs $200). For our Spirit crossing I did not learn about this

bon voyage gift option until 10 days before sailing..I sent an email to Silversea Special

Services requesting this LC bon voyage gift, and with 24 hours had completed the bon voyage booking (CC was charged). On boarding, in your suite you will find a nicely printed Bon Voyage gift card with the rest of your SBC credit card/invitations.

As Mike pointed out earlier, this Bon Voyage gift saves you 25% on the

LC usal fee ($150 pp vs $200). For our Spirit crossing I did not learn about this

bon voyage gift option until 10 days before sailing..I sent an email to Silversea Special

Services requesting this LC bon voyage gift, and with 24 hours had completed the bon voyage booking (CC was charged). On boarding, in your suite you will find a nicely printed Bon Voyage gift card with the rest of your SBC credit card/invitations.

Wes --

News to me -- will you please explain? Gift from whom? Is this available on all cruises?

How could I miss this?

Mary Ann

Mary Ann, pls see link taken today, from bon voyage link on SS home page below.

Yes, the 25% LC discount is available on all Silversea ships via bon voyage gift (bon voyage gift form says your request must be

sent at least 14 days prior to sailing date). You can fax or email (i.e scan the form in) the form to SS (or have your TA do it). Mary Ann, in our case, I did not find out about this LC discount until 10 days prior to our crossing. Therefore, sent an email directly to the Silversea Special Serices dept...Jay (of SS Special Services Dept email reply to me is below along with his phone# (if u would like to call him).

Mary Ann, believe u missed this program because it is relatively new--when I boarded the Spirit the first day, went directly to

LC to make reservations and Marcello (LC M'd) was not aware of this program.

Wes

Please note that in order to receive the 25% savings on the cost for dinner, the $300 Degustation Dining charge must be paid in advance and will show on your onboard account as a shipboard credit.

Thank you,

Jay / Special Services Department

Silversea Cruises

800-722-9955

DÉGUSTATION DINING EXPERIENCE

Le Champagne by Relais & Chateaux offers Degustation Dining in

a six-course epicurean experience. Five fine wines served by the

glass and a select after dinner drink are complemented by a set

tasting menu of regionally inspired dishes. Order in advance as a

gift for only $150 per guest ($200 per guest when reserved

onboard). Reservations are required and are made once onboard.

Archived