Duct Tape?

bnr0914

Why pack duct tape? Haven't gotten that one yet??

For the same reason as packing a small tube of superglue. You never know when you may need it, but when you do, you really do.

p.s. - Love the silver baby sitter pic! :D

Aubie

duct-tape-baby.gif

I love this. My parents still tell me of the time that we were on a Ferry from Maine to Nova Scotia and they tried to lock me in the cabin so they could go to a quiet dinner. I was 3 at the time and it didn't go over well as I started screaming and they had to take me along. I guess people tried different things back in the 70s.

Why pack duct tape? Haven't gotten that one yet??

Last cruise, our suitcase was torn... ugh... Duct tape came in handy. My husband's cpap machine plastic clip broke on one cruise.. Duct tape came in handy.

I just get a small roll, I don't bring the big heavy duty roll. I just can't leave without it now.

Last cruise, our suitcase was torn... ugh... Duct tape came in handy. My husband's cpap machine plastic clip broke on one cruise.. Duct tape came in handy. I just get a small roll, I don't bring the big heavy duty roll. I just can't leave without it now.

Then take the center roll out and squish it down, it won't take up much space.

My wife has some hand issues and she has a hard time holding down the button on the hair dryer. We used it to hold down the switch for her. Duct tape made hair drying much easer for her. Beats packing her hair dryer.

We also had a zipper on our hanging bag go bad on a cruise. Duct tape worked for that as well.

Packing the tape, not a problem, just use it as well as a couple pair of socks to help keep the shape of a hat in packing.

Tim

I use duct tape to hold up the shoe organizer that is used to hold all of the other must take along items that I have never needed but the experts say you must bring in the event of an emergency, like:

Highlighter to mark on the cruise newsletter what you want to do

Zip Lock Bags – different sizes Hefty has a really nice big one for big bottles.

Hangers

Clothes Pins

Power Strip

Extension Cord(2)

Alarm Clock

Night Light

Bathroom Spray

Clorox disinfectant wipes

Landyards

Bar Soap

Personal Items

Small Roll Duct Tape

Small Spray Bottle

Walkie Talkies

Binoculars

Rum Runners

Hand Sanitizers – small bottle

Insulated Sports Bottles

Powdered Crystal light or other drink mix

Aloe Vera for Sunburns

Wine opener if you have wine

Plastic Glasses

Plastic Shot Glasses

Locks for your suitcases or those plastic cable zip ties

Ribbon for your suitcase so you can identify them easier at the airport.

Ziploc of detergent and softener sheets if you want to rinse things out in sink.

Folding tote bag or beach bag

Hats or caps

Books, magazines

Magic Bullet

Detergent (small bit to rinse out sticky Magic Bullet)

Kitchen towel

NOTE: The problem is that there is little or no room left in the suitcase for other things like clothes. That is why I use room service so much, since I get in trouble for walking around the ship without wearing any pants. ;) :)

Eric

You know I really have used the duck tape. DS loaned it to someone who had a broken zipper on their luggage, I have duck taped my shirt to my chest to not expose so much skin, and the beautiful jewels came unsewn from my shoes and I duck taped them back on. They were the only pair of black shoes I had, you know trying not to pack so much. I don't take the whole roll of tape, just rolled some around an empty toliet paper tube.

Archived