Michael's Club becoming Elite lounge.

C 2 C

I believe that Diamonds will still be able to use the lounge on Freedom class and their new larger ships.

I am excited that Celebrity is having a lounge. Does anyone know is this on all the ships?

Thanks

Carrie

There is a Michael's Club on every Celebrity ship.

I have a good friend who is on Mercury right now. I just received

an email from him and nothing has been mentioned on that ship.

I replied back and he is going to ask and see if he can find out

anything else.

I'm still betting there will be limits like a new Captain Club's status. Royal Caribbean learned a very hard lesson on letting Diamond members into the Concierge Lounge and when they tried to limit this benefit(Diamond Plus and Suite guests only) earlier this year, all hell broke loose and they ended up conceding to a Diamond members and will now offer wine and champaign free and cocktails for half price in another area. If all Elite members are offered free drinks, watch out!!!!

IMHO, it is really nice that Celebrity is making an effort to enhance services to their highest level of customer loyalty.

We are sailing on Mercury in April '10 with another couple, and plan on enjoying their gracious hospitality as often as our schedule permits. DH will especially enjoy the internet credit, as well as one of our companions, who has a business to run.

Kudos to Celebrity for trying to satisfy!

Kudos to Celebrity for coming up with this. Am I likely to hit Michaels every night.. doubt it, but then again it depends on the cruise. Will I use the Internet.. of course. I also applaude them for giving this benefit to the Suite passengers.

Will Select members be included? Yes or No ?

Because the first report I received included "Select", I included a "?" in the title. The number of people this would involve would require a much larger lounge than Michael's. Until Celebrity actually makes an announcement confirming this perk, a person on board will have to post their experience.

Because the first report I received included "Select", I included a "?" in the title. The number of people this would involve would require a much larger lounge than Michael's. Until Celebrity actually makes an announcement confirming this perk, a person on board will have to post their experience.

And once word gets out - there will be Diamonds from RCCL crossing over for the free drinks.

The problem is - how many Elite members are there on Celebrity? If there are as many as there are Diamonds, even admitting Elite could cause a problem. Perhaps there is a case for a higher level - Elite Plus to be the equivalent to Diamond Plus for the crossover purposes. i.e. 24+ cruises?

Interesting trials.

On RCI you are not permitted to take drinks or food out of the Lounge.

When I was on Jewel of the Seas last summer the concierge never minded me popping in to get a drink and some hors d'oeuvres to take back to my cabin to enjoy on the balcony.

From 4-6 sounds like a perfect time for a quick drink before you go to dress for dinner.

When I was on Jewel of the Seas last summer the concierge never minded me popping in to get a drink and some hors d'oeuvres to take back to my cabin to enjoy on the balcony.

From 4-6 sounds like a perfect time for a quick drink before you go to dress for dinner.

Some Concierges are more lax than others - or more sensible, depends on how you look at it!!:D

But the rule is 'no food or drink may be taken out of the Lounge'. On our Voyager cruise, it was actually posted in the Satellite Lounge and the 'guard' on duty outside was vigilant!! So, I just put a few choccie strawbs in my bag to eat at the show!! Bad, bad, bad!!!:p I have to say that the spread on the Voyager was excellent - best I have seen on a ship. Platters of choccie strawbs - chicken wings every evening and excellent canapes!! Very, very, nice indeed.

On Voyager you could only take coffee out during the day. if they allowed drinks out people would be getting them for friends.

i wish i could use this perk while in Alaska. i would be looking fro something to do around 5 pm sea days. In the carribbean i might not want to leave the pool area.

i also doubt if you can wear bathing suit with cover up. you could not on RCI

I think at 4-6 pm it's a great opportunity to stop in and get a drink before getting ready for dinner to take back to your cabin. :)

Floris posted that on the Millennium, the dress code is "Smart Casual+" - so popping in before you get ready for dinner might not be an option. Personally I think that only the early diners will be able to take advantage of this new perk - it's just too early for late diners to be dressed and ready for dinner at 4 or 5 pm.

Sue

Some Concierges are more lax than others - or more sensible, depends on how you look at it!!:D

But the rule is 'no food or drink may be taken out of the Lounge'. On our Voyager cruise, it was actually posted in the Satellite Lounge and the 'guard' on duty outside was vigilant!! So, I just put a few choccie strawbs in my bag to eat at the show!! Bad, bad, bad!!!:p I have to say that the spread on the Voyager was excellent - best I have seen on a ship. Platters of choccie strawbs - chicken wings every evening and excellent canapes!! Very, very, nice indeed.

Haha sounds like it beats the strange chopped hot dog in ketchup hors d'oeuvres on Jewel! I do understand that they have to police these things - in life people do seem to get carried away around free drinks....

Haha sounds like it beats the strange chopped hot dog in ketchup hors d'oeuvres on Jewel! I do understand that they have to police these things - in life people do seem to get carried away around free drinks....

I agree that some of the 'things' served are rather suspect at times!!:D

As for 'smart casual' - well, judging by the varied dress on these evenings, as long as you don't wear shorts or have bare feet, anything will go.

Since designer jeans costing $300 dollars have rips and holes these days, I am baffled by smart casual. We just wear our nice cruise clothes as we do like to look 'smart' when cruising - whether this fits the dress code, when others look decidedly scruffy, who is to judge? We look smart - they look casual!!:D:D That's just my opinion of course, so please, no flaming!!! Everyone has such different ideas about suitability of clothes.

I think that it is a good thing that Celebrity is experimenting with new perks for their elite members. I personally would like to see coupons for one free drink a day anywhere but if Michaels club works I might go there. We have been elite for a long time and would love to see an elite plus catagory. Perks are not the reason I sail on Celebrity. Next year we are sailing on 3 M class ships perks or not. Just love the service on the ships and my aft cabin also.

Pat

I would like to see an Elite perk of a discount off drinks in general. Then you could go anywhere on ship and enjoy the 'happy hour'.

For me, I enjoy the wine/champagne bars prior to dinner and so do the late seating Elite memebers as both areas are packed when we come out of dinner. To me, enhancing your current experience is better than creating a room and then having the same issues as RCL does with a highly successful program being too successful. We quit going to concierge rooms on RCL. Always packed, no place to sit typically and we missed being with our friends who could not come in.

Just a thought. Glad Celebrity is trying! :)

Floris posted that on the Millennium, the dress code is "Smart Casual+" - so popping in before you get ready for dinner might not be an option. Personally I think that only the early diners will be able to take advantage of this new perk - it's just too early for late diners to be dressed and ready for dinner at 4 or 5 pm.

Sue

Well guess what.... I don't need a free drink that bad. I can still order a wine from any where and head on to the cabin. :)

Well guess what.... I don't need a free drink that bad. I can still order a wine from any where and head on to the cabin. :)

Yep, me too. No way am I going to start getting ready for dinner mid afternoon. Makes space for one more person! :D

Yep, me too. No way am I going to start getting ready for dinner mid afternoon. Makes space for one more person! :D

We are an ungrateful bunch. We finally get the perk we have been asking for and we can find immediate fault with it.:D

But with good reason.;)

We are an ungrateful bunch. We finally get the perk we have been asking for and we can find immediate fault with it.:D

But with good reason.;)

LOL you are so right!! And it is a great perk - just not sure how this will work for late diners unless they relax the dress code?

FWIW, I asked Celebrity about the new perks today, and my contact confirmed that the line is indeed testing new frequent cruiser perks. But she cautioned that the perks are still in an experimental phase, with the official announcement likely to go out at the end of the month. So what you're seeing on ships might be added to the list of perks...or they might not.

So express your opinions now, folks, before everything is set in stone!

Archived