Michael's Club becoming Elite lounge.

C 2 C

I predict many posts about the free bar from 4 'til 6 here on Cruise Critic. Give anything away for FREE and watch. It's a free bar for a couple of hours at the end of an afternoon for gawd's sake.:D I'd make use of it and enjoy it. I would never base my cruise decision on whether there was a free bar for a couple of hours or not. It's a perk so that those of us cruising Celebrity frequently get a warmer fuzzy feeling. It's a nice touch. There'll be some that abuse it because it's FREE, but that's human nature.

It reminds me of when they have an hour's open bar because of a missed port or something. I've read of those that have watched as the hordes scramble to order three drinks at a time.

Phil

Phil, you are so right. Especially about the "missed port". It's like watching cattle at the trough! Not a pretty sight.

Personally, I'm a "one drink a day" person, so it'll be a little perk for me. But the 50 min. in Internet is a nice addition.

Andy, I also echo your sentiments. Any new addition to the Captain's Club loyalty program will be well received.

A new perk and people are already finding things to complain about.:rolleyes:

Well, for those folks who eat late the timing is a bit odd.

I find it a bit odd:rolleyes:...not complaining, just stating a fact.

Well, for those folks who eat late the timing is a bit odd.

I find it a bit odd:rolleyes:...not complaining, just stating a fact.

Probably fits in with the ship's schedules though!! If Michael's opens at 7.00pm they need time to clear the passengers and clean-up!!

Anyway, I think its a very, very nice perk - and I am sure it will be well received by many members - if they decide to implement it shipwide.

Could become a zoo though, if many Diamontees swim over to Celebrity!! Surprising what some can consume in two hours!!:eek:

I am rather surprised that they are being so positive. Obviously, times are tough:(!!

I agree, kudos to Celebrity with finally coming up with something. Why not just be happy with it, and take advantage of the opportunity if it fits into your schedule fine, if not - oh well! We cruise Celebrity because we very much enjoy what they have to offer, not for the perks.

To add to Phil's observation of the free drinks for missing a port - couldn't believe my eyes at a Captain's Club Party where guests had more than one drink lined up in front of them - because they were free! Not very classy at all.

Patty

I am absolutely delighted to see this perk - am I likely to stay for 2 hours drinks every day - probably not but I bet someone does

Even if people do not have an alcoholic drink I am sure there would be pleasant soft drinks on offer AND the chance to chat with seasoned cruisers

Lets be positive!!!

I predict many posts about the free bar from 4 'til 6 here on Cruise Critic. Give anything away for FREE and watch. It's a free bar for a couple of hours at the end of an afternoon for gawd's sake.:D I'd make use of it and enjoy it. I would never base my cruise decision on whether there was a free bar for a couple of hours or not. It's a perk so that those of us cruising Celebrity frequently get a warmer fuzzy feeling. It's a nice touch. There'll be some that abuse it because it's FREE, but that's human nature.

It reminds me of when they have an hour's open bar because of a missed port or something. I've read of those that have watched as the hordes scramble to order three drinks at a time.

Phil

Maybe we should make a poll. That will keep the thread going!

Unless it is raining, or cold outside, I can't see myself rushing to shower, change etc for a free drink.

Someone mentioned a drink before the gym or spa. Big drinker that I am, I wonder how that would work out for me!!!!

One thing everyone seems to agree on is the free internet time.

On facebook someone on board Constellation mentioned that there were several changes.. including a "new Michael's Club". Then another contact emailed me the opening quote. This is recent! I just called Captain's Club... they have no information (you heard it here first) .. but as Andy stated, stay tuned. Perhaps, tests are underway... :D

Is there a Facebook Celebrity Group?

Even if people do not have an alcoholic drink I am sure there would be pleasant soft drinks on offer AND the chance to chat with seasoned cruisers

Lets be positive!!!

Ann, I think that is an excellent point. A chance to sit down for an hour or two in the late afternoon chatting with fellow regular Celebrity cruisers in such an atmosphere has to be a positive thing for the passenger and Celebrity.

Phil

If you think 4 - 6pm it too early and think it should be 5 - 7, then come in at 5-6pm. If it was 5 - 7, the early dinners would lose out and it would be packed at 5-5:55. Hold it, maybe this will cut down on the 100+ people standing outside the MDR waiting for it to open!!

And as our Host says, the Club needs to be ready for the music and opening at 7pm so all our fellow cruisers can enjoy Michaels also.

Personally, I've been known to have a drink that early. Heck, I figure the Sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world and have a drink when I feel like it without looking at a clock (of course I try to ignore my wife's steelly stare!). And I will probably stop in for a freebee sometime in the cruise and enjoy it.

It's a GOOD DEAL. if you don't drink before 7pm, don't, if you hate a crowd, don't go in until it clears out some. You'll probably save $7/day using it. I like freebees as much as anyone else, but we need to keep it in perspective. They aren't setting this up for us specifically, they are trying to make it work for a large group.

Denny

Perhaps Celebrity will introduce an new Captain's Club level, Elite Plus. This would be similar to Royal's Diamond Plus. As of September 1, 2010 only Suite and Diamond Plus members will have access to the Royal Caribbean Concierge Lounge.

Just a thought to keep down overcrowding.

Probably fits in with the ship's schedules though!! If Michael's opens at 7.00pm they need time to clear the passengers and clean-up!!

Anyway, I think its a very, very nice perk - and I am sure it will be well received by many members - if they decide to implement it shipwide.

Could become a zoo though, if many Diamontees swim over to Celebrity!! Surprising what some can consume in two hours!!:eek:

I am rather surprised that they are being so positive. Obviously, times are tough:(!!

I was not complaining. I was giving my thoughts. I have always

said I cruise with Celebrity because I love the product they provide

me:)

Whatever it is they are offering, if I am in the area and want to

stop in for a free drink, I will...otherwise I will be just fine doing

whatever is I am doing:D

If you think 4 - 6pm it too early and think it should be 5 - 7, then come in at 5-6pm. If it was 5 - 7, the early dinners would lose out and it would be packed at 5-5:55. Hold it, maybe this will cut down on the 100+ people standing outside the MDR waiting for it to open!!

And as our Host says, the Club needs to be ready for the music and opening at 7pm so all our fellow cruisers can enjoy Michaels also.

Personally, I've been known to have a drink that early. Heck, I figure the Sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world and have a drink when I feel like it without looking at a clock (of course I try to ignore my wife's steelly stare!). And I will probably stop in for a freebee sometime in the cruise and enjoy it.

It's a GOOD DEAL. if you don't drink before 7pm, don't, if you hate a crowd, don't go in until it clears out some. You'll probably save $7/day using it. I like freebees as much as anyone else, but we need to keep it in perspective. They aren't setting this up for us specifically, they are trying to make it work for a large group.

Denny

Yes, dear;) but when someone thinks the time is odd that

doesn't mean its a complaint. If I want to drink free, I will go,

if I prefer to drink later, I will pay for it:D

That's all.

Just want to chime in and echo the sentiments of everyone who feels this added perk enhances their opinion of X. We are currently Select, and while we *probably* would not pick a cruise because of the early-happy-hour perk, we would consider making the jump to the next level of cabin to enjoy it (I find we are always wavering between CC and SS or SS and CS depending on the cruise and pricing). BTW, does anybody know if SS qualifies for this perk?

In addition to the $50 of internet, if you consider that on average 2 people take advantage of 1 drink per day, that's close to $300 over the course of a cruise (I think, somebody should probably check my math).

We are trying AZ for the first time later this summer-- it will be interesting to see if they offer the perk as well.

Maybe we should make a poll. That will keep the thread going!

Unless it is raining' date=' or cold outside, I can't see myself rushing to shower, change etc for a free drink.

Someone mentioned a drink before the gym or spa. Big drinker that I am, I wonder how that would work out for me!!!!

One thing everyone seems to agree on is the free internet time.[/quote']

that was me and i would be walking the track or in PG or getting a massage after that.

PG--Persian Garden

I am shocked that people are unhappy already! On Royal C we met so many nice people just before our main seating dinner --they had a nice little spread of snacks, very attentive service from the Concierge & dedicated staff & we looked forward to it on the nights we could attend..

Those who want to stay at the pool or in the spa can & will, but I think this is a great step ahead in amenities---

Also, one poster on this thread mentioned a "beer wallet"...the costs for our cruises could cover alot of beer but we do prefer champagne!

It's a perk so that those of us cruising Celebrity frequently get a warmer fuzzy feeling.

Phil

Hi Phil, totally agreed especially with the $50 free internet. Don't drink much so the internet perk gives us the fuzzies. Good way of putting it.:D Thank you Celebrity!

I believe that Diamonds will still be able to use the lounge on Freedom class and their new larger ships.

I am excited that Celebrity is having a lounge. Does anyone know is this on all the ships?

Thanks

Carrie

There are now three reports from Millennium (Floris), Constellation from someone on board and one from a Solstice passenger who just returned that:

Michael's Club will be used for Elite (one report said and Select) breakfast,

Happy Hour for Elites from 4 to 6

Up to $50 free internet depending on level achieved (only elites have reported back)

Michael's Club will return to its normal use in the evenings.

I understand (from facebook) that Micheal's Club has been "redone" on Constellation but perhaps Floris can tell us about the Millennium situation.

I also understand that more enhancements will be announced within the next couple of weeks.

I think that the success of the program will see very crowded gatherings on sailings where a lot of Elites cruise.

Archived