Who's going to Alaska in 2010?

brunolvr

Faith:

Although it will be our 3rd in 3 years, I don't fly (unless I really, really have to)....so all 3 trips will be without flying to the ports....first cruise was RT from San Fran and we just drove to the port.....the next one (and this one) was RT Seattle and we went by Amtrak. So, I really won't be much help. Check this board and the West Coast ports board for help---both GREAT!! Yes, I do see that it is suggested to go to Seattle and then drive, train, bus to Vancouver. I have done the Amtrak bus from Seattle to Vancouver and that worked out very well! Good luck! You will LOVE Alaska!!

Rose

Thanks for your information. Actually, we had considered flying into Seattle & bus, train, whatever to Vancouver. Getting home from Anchorage is the REAL problem. I think I will hand it over to our TA & let her earn her $$$!

Happy Cruising!

Faith

• 2 weeks later...
Radiance....June 18, 2010.....my first Balcony room!!!!

me, 17year old son, friend and her 20 year old daughter

Horray.:D. I will not be the only person on the Radiance on 18th June. Self and 20yo daughter.

See you then . I started a thread on the roll call page but no one has answered. Chat soon.

We have an aft balcony. First cruise ever!:):)

Raina Australia

• 2 weeks later...
Hubby and I are booked on a 7 night cruise on Radiance of the Seas leaving Vancouver on 7/30/10. First time cruisers. Will be celebrating our 40th anniversary a few months early. Can't wait!

I'm sure we will pass in the waters as I'm going on a SB cruise out of Whittier starting 7/31, following a land tour.

After much, much, much research, debate and indecision :) , we finally decided on the 8/13 cruise aboard Celebrity Infinity (RT from Seattle). This is our first visit to Alaska, and our 4th cruise with Celebrity.

Calgon, We'll be sailing on May 15 with Princess (Diamond) from Whittier to Vancouver, this time with the son, daughter-in-law, and grandson. They are almost as entertaining as Heather, Jon, and grandaughters. The son use to be an elephant trainier, but now does horses(I think I told you that already) and daugher-in-law is a vet doc. I'm sure I will have some great stories.

We are booked on the Cruise Critic Group Cruise Sept. 7th sailing out of Seattle, returning to Vanc. BC,

by way of Juneau, Cruising Glacier Bay, Skagway and Ketchikan...

This is mine and my DH first time to Alaska, and My Sister and her DH 2nd.

Should be some fun times... I am getting more and more excited about it, the more I read these boards.

Wow! I live in WA also

You must really love Alaska, I have never been on a cruise. I will be on the 14day HAL Amsterdam 8/23/2010 cruise. From what I have read we will have a few new ports, like Anchorage, Homer etc. You have probably been to all of them.

I can't wait.

• 1 month later...

:) My husband and I are on the southbound July 3 sailing of the Coral Princess -- we're excited and counting the days. Our first time with Princess as well as our first trip to Alaska.

Any insight into the ship and or ports are welcome!:D

Archived