Who's going to Alaska in 2010?

brunolvr

I am one of 4 wild women (well sort of) that are first time cruisers. We have the disabled Penthouse on the 9th level and a inside stateroom right across the hall. Iread everything I can and look at the ship everyday. I hope I am not overanticipating this event. I will play the game with you and would love any help anyone could give.

I am one of 4 wild women (well sort of) that are first time cruisers. We have the disabled Penthouse on the 9th level and a inside stateroom right across the hall. Iread everything I can and look at the ship everyday. I hope I am not overanticipating this event. I will play the game with you and would love any help anyone could give.

My MIL came with us on our last cruise and she got an inside HC room and it was HUGE

You can see pics of her room at:

http://www.chaseclub.com/cruise/2009/index8.htm

Live in FT WTH, driving to Seattle for May 15th departure on Rotterdam. This is 1st cruise to Alaska @ 1st HAL. Last 2 cruises this year on Carnival Conquest. Hope we picked good time of year, not too cold/enough sunlight. We are 68 and looking forward to this cruise.

Hi, texast518! Yes, it might be a little on the cold side for your May 15th cruise--just remember to pack clothing you can wear in layers, with the top layer being waterproof.:)

Oh my goodness I just booked our very first cruise ever going to Alaska 8-9-10

on the Amsterdam for 14 days...We are so excited this will be our 40th Anniversary present to us from us...

As the days pass I'm sure I'll have lots of questions right now I'm just in the glow of it all...:rolleyes:

Have our Passports, Flights,booked our hotel rooms in Seattle for the coming and going. Can't think of anything else needing done right now....

If you go to the Roll Call section of Cruise Critic, there is a generic thread for all the 14-day Amsterdam Alaska cruises. It has lots of information.

I'm booked for May 17, 2010 cruise. It's going to be great. Our first visit to Alaska and it's an awesome itinerary.

My DH and myself recently booked our first ever cruise to Alaska aboard the Regent SS Navigator from Vancouver to Anchorage via the inside passage. This is our 50th birthday presents to each other. We sail 9/8 and his bday is 9/9 and mine is 9/10.

girlfreuya.gif

Anyone know where I can get a pill to make me sleep for 200 days?

My best friend and I are going with a large group in July of 2010! We're on the Oosterdam and can't wait! We did the same cruse in 07 on the Oosterdam!

We're taking the Oosterdam June 27-July 4 with friends we made on our last cruise. (We live on opposite coasts.) We'd love to get advice, as this is our first trip to Alaska.

Were booked on RCL Radiance of the Seas for a 14 dayrepositioning cruise of the inside passage and then crusing south to Victoria Island, San Francisco and ending in San Diego. Our journey begins in Vancouver BC. Can't wait to go..............September is a long way off. Anyone joining us?

What weather would you expect the first week of May in Alaska? THANKS!!

Prepare for it to be Cold-with wind & rain. And then, if the weather is good you can be happy.

Last year there were concerns that there would still be snow when the first ships arrived.

We just booked the Pearl for 8-15-2010 and we are so excited. It is our very first time to Alaska so I am reading everything I can on these boards! I tried the search function and it worked! I got some answers to questions I had.:)

Happy cruising!

Toni

• 2 weeks later...

Ok...heard it said that Alaska is addicting....YUP! Just booked the 3rd cruise in 3 years....this time RT from Seattle on Golden. This time will have other family members who have never been! And even though this is the 3rd time---I am still just as EXCITED!! :D

(plus, it will be a nice break from the weather in AZ in July :eek:)

Merry Christmas everyone!

Ok...heard it said that Alaska is addicting....YUP! Just booked the 3rd cruise in 3 years....this time RT from Seattle on Golden. This time will have other family members who have never been! And even though this is the 3rd time---I am still just as EXCITED!! :D

(plus, it will be a nice break from the weather in AZ in July :eek:)

Merry Christmas everyone!

We are sailing Sep. 2010 on Regent. We will be sailing from Vancouver & flying home from Anchorage. Since this is your 3rd cruise here would you have any advice about flights. It looks like everything comes thru Seattle & loooong layovers. Any advice would be a appreciated.

Happy Cruising!

Faith

I have been trying to get my youngest daughter to do Alaska with us but thats what she says. If she's going to criuse, it's going to be to a tropical climate.

Joni

Well, her oldest daughter (that would be me;)) got talked into it!!! This will be my first cruise ever, and our first time to Alaska, on the Millenium 7/23/10! We can't wait!!!

We are sailing Sep. 2010 on Regent. We will be sailing from Vancouver & flying home from Anchorage. Since this is your 3rd cruise here would you have any advice about flights. It looks like everything comes thru Seattle & loooong layovers. Any advice would be a appreciated.

Happy Cruising!

Faith

Faith:

Although it will be our 3rd in 3 years, I don't fly (unless I really, really have to)....so all 3 trips will be without flying to the ports....first cruise was RT from San Fran and we just drove to the port.....the next one (and this one) was RT Seattle and we went by Amtrak. So, I really won't be much help. Check this board and the West Coast ports board for help---both GREAT!! Yes, I do see that it is suggested to go to Seattle and then drive, train, bus to Vancouver. I have done the Amtrak bus from Seattle to Vancouver and that worked out very well! Good luck! You will LOVE Alaska!!

Archived