Who's going to Alaska in 2010?

brunolvr

Hi Joni! altho' we've been to AK twice (for me, more than 10 for hubby - he used to fish there) I am still very excited! I will be on the sister ship to the Millie - wish more of our old gang were on this cruise too -

carol

Hi Carol, I just sent you an email. Were all 10 of his cruises? Alaska would make a great reunion.

Joni

Hi Carol, I just sent you an email. Were all 10 of his cruises? Alaska would make a great reunion.

Joni

No, only 2 were cruises for Narce - the rest were landtrips, flew in - fishing. I rec'd your email, thanx-- Yes, I wish the back east gang would consider AK but I think they really like the Caribbean weather for cruising... hopefully, one of these days we can all do an AK cruise together!

carol

Okay, I know the 2009 season is only a month or so old, but who's booked an Alaska cruise for next year?

We just booked the NCL Pearl for May 30, 2010 and I don't know how I'm going to be able to stand the long, long wait. We got back from our 7th cruise to Alaska just 2 weeks ago today, and I'm ready to go again!:D

Who's going to play the waiting game with me?:)

We've booked our first Alaska Cruise for Sept 10, 2010 on the Radiance of the Seas, RCCL for 14 days! We're excited too, not sure if we stand waiting over a year! :D

You must love NCL. We have cruised with them a few times but we like HAL so much better, BUT NCL to Alaska is different ? Why do you like them ? Do you do the inside passage ? Are there certain ships or ports who do the inside passage ? Have you ever added a tour to Denali onto your cruise ? We are planning on going next July.

No, only 2 were cruises for Narce - the rest were landtrips, flew in - fishing. I rec'd your email, thanx-- Yes, I wish the back east gang would consider AK but I think they really like the Caribbean weather for cruising... hopefully, one of these days we can all do an AK cruise together!

carol

I have been trying to get my youngest daughter to do Alaska with us but thats what she says. If she's going to criuse, it's going to be to a tropical climate.

Joni

I have been trying to get my youngest daughter to do Alaska with us but thats what she says. If she's going to criuse, it's going to be to a tropical climate.

Joni

I suppose with the weather being very cold in PA and NJ and where you come from you, patty and gang would rather vacation where they can have fun in the sun -- they see and experience enough snow without going all the way to AK to see it there too. Hey! we can all go to Hawaii? carol

I noticed you've been in Alaska different months of the season. I've been only once, in August, and had very good weather. Thinking about booking for June, 2010. Which month did you prefer?

Hi. I'm thinking of booking the Amsterdam's 14 day Alaska cruise for next year. How did you like the ship?

Welcome to CC! We have been to Alaska in June, July and August now and have been blessed with mostly good weather on each of our cruises. We decided on the end of July/beginning of August for next year for a couple of reasons. It works best with my son's sports schedule and the salmon will be running since it is later in the season. We were a little early for the salmon on our end of June trip this year.

We have not been on the Amsterdam yet, so I would also love to hear comments from those who have cruised with her previously.

We'll (hubby and I) be on the Carnival Spirit on July 20 - Seattle to Seattle. Hopefully, depending on hubby's employment, we'll do a week inside Alaska (Denali, etc) either the week before or the week after! It will be our 3rd time and we are so ready to go back!

Hubby and I are booked on the Zuiderdam for next May. Last cruise was our honeymoon to Alaska in 2000.

We've convinced our friends to come with us this time. I can't wait for the trip.

It should be interesting to see how much as changed in 10 years. I'll have to dig up my photos of Glacier bay again!!!

Hubby and I are booked on the Zuiderdam for next May. Last cruise was our honeymoon to Alaska in 2000.

We've convinced our friends to come with us this time. I can't wait for the trip.

It should be interesting to see how much as changed in 10 years. I'll have to dig up my photos of Glacier bay again!!!

Happy Anniversary! our first cruise to AK was in 1995 then last yr, a lot of differences... have fun! Corkey Carol

We have booked Sapphire Princess for May 16, 2000. Also managed to snag aft E731 mini suite. From what I have read on CC this is a great cabin. We will be celebrating our 40th anniversity and DH's retirement. There will be three of us me, DH and DM. This is our first Alaskan cruise and we are so excited.

Hi. I'm thinking of booking the Amsterdam's 14 day Alaska cruise for next year. How did you like the ship?

We were on the Amsterdam about 22 months back. Singapore to San Diego via Australia, Indonesia, mid Pacific islands and Hawaii.

Excellent ship. Very clean. Not one of these giants of the seas but then it is large enough to offer a wide selection of amenities. We had a balcony stateroom amidship right across from the laundry and never had any problem at all with noise. We would have preferred anytime you wish dining instead of traditional, as our 6 tablemates were from the most expensive uppermost suites. Believe they thought they were a cut above the rest of us, needless to say, we didn’t share the same ideological and sociopolitical philosophies but we did all get along okay even at that. Had to bite my lip a lot though, in a way, it is a shame when one parts with that much dough, for a voyage, you have to feel muzzled. At that time the Amsterdam only had traditional dining but understand now anytime dining is offered. We also discovered that the Pinnacle Restaurant, extra charge dining, was really good and a lot of fun. Also, it was the first time I have ever appreciated a buffet on any ship. We used to use only the main dining areas as the buffets seemed more like low budget prison chow lines. This one was clean and offered a lot of options. Food, for a change, was covered and usually the portions were placed on your plate by a crew member. In the Amsterdam’s buffet we didn’t witness passengers pawing through food like bacon and such with their grubby bare hands. We enjoyed the buffet so much that when we were on the Prinsendam a few weeks later, for three months, we used that ships buffet and the Pinnacle a lot. The Amsterdam has pod propulsion and is pretty quiet and vibration free.

We were on the Amsterdam about 22 months back. Singapore to San Diego via Australia, Indonesia, mid Pacific islands and Hawaii.

Excellent ship. Very clean. Not one of these giants of the seas but then it is large enough to offer a wide selection of amenities. We had a balcony stateroom amidship right across from the laundry and never had any problem at all with noise. We would have preferred anytime you wish dining instead of traditional, as our 6 tablemates were from the most expensive uppermost suites. Believe they thought they were a cut above the rest of us, needless to say, we didn’t share the same ideological and sociopolitical philosophies but we did all get along okay even at that. Had to bite my lip a lot though, in a way, it is a shame when one parts with that much dough, for a voyage, you have to feel muzzled. At that time the Amsterdam only had traditional dining but understand now anytime dining is offered. We also discovered that the Pinnacle Restaurant, extra charge dining, was really good and a lot of fun. Also, it was the first time I have ever appreciated a buffet on any ship. We used to use only the main dining areas as the buffets seemed more like low budget prison chow lines. This one was clean and offered a lot of options. Food, for a change, was covered and usually the portions were placed on your plate by a crew member. In the Amsterdam’s buffet we didn’t witness passengers pawing through food like bacon and such with their grubby bare hands. We enjoyed the buffet so much that when we were on the Prinsendam a few weeks later, for three months, we used that ships buffet and the Pinnacle a lot. The Amsterdam has pod propulsion and is pretty quiet and vibration free.

Thanks so much for the wonderful review. We are looking forward to our cruise next summer on the Amsterdam! It will be fun to try a new line.

Archived