The Definitive Shareholder Benefit Thread - Read This First!

VibeGuy

• 3 years later...

Today I faxed my list showing my stock in Carnival plus the request for credit. This is what I have done before without any problems. When I called Princess to check on my fax I was told that the copy of my shares did not have my name on it so they would not give me credit with out other information. I did not talk to the department directly but the Princess rep said that this was what they were told. To try and resolve this I printed out another page that shows my name where it has information as to who is own my account. I whited out part of my account number. Anyone and any problem like this?

Tom:)

We seem to answer the same questions on the OBC over and over and over, spawning endless threads. How about consolidating the information on this one? I've written a series of postings that will attempt to answer the most common questions about the CCL/CUK Shareholder Benefit, not only as described in the official CCL/CUK information, but also as experienced by actual cruisers.

I don't speak for Carnival Corporation or Carnival PLC, nor am I an investment advisor. I'm just a happy shareholder who has been through the process several times recently and sees a new OBC thread every other day.

Eric, AKA VibeGuy

Thank you for starting this post. All information is so helpful.

Julia

What makes a qualified shareholding? How much does that much stock cost?

You must own at least 100 shares either of Carnival Corporation stock or Carnival PLC ADRs; these may be held as certificates or you can hold them in a brokerage account, IRA or self-directed 401(k). The cost of a block of 100 shares will be 100X the prices quoted at the links above, plus brokerage fees.

Cool, did not know you can hold these shares as an IRA. Stock quote is nearly the lowest in past year. I'll get my IRA opened today.

Today I faxed my list showing my stock in Carnival plus the request for credit. This is what I have done before without any problems. When I called Princess to check on my fax I was told that the copy of my shares did not have my name on it so they would not give me credit with out other information. I did not talk to the department directly but the Princess rep said that this was what they were told. To try and resolve this I printed out another page that shows my name where it has information as to who is own my account. I whited out part of my account number. Anyone and any problem like this?

Tom:)

Never had a problem with Princess or Holland and of course Carnival I have collected at least 30 times ..

Celebrity seems to stay up all night thinking of ways to prevent you from getting the shareholder benefit. Luckily RCCL stock has been doing well lately, so it was a good investment -- just not a useful way to save money on cruises.

• 5 years later...

Hmm.   March 6, 2019 today.  Carnival has not updated the shareholder benefit on their website, showing that cruises must be booked by the end of February 2019 to qualify for the benefit.   Is this delay normal?  Or have they terminated the benefit?

29 minutes ago, Petersonfcu said:

Hmm.   March 6, 2019 today.  Carnival has not updated the shareholder benefit on their website, showing that cruises must be booked by the end of February 2019 to qualify for the benefit.   Is this delay normal?  Or have they terminated the benefit?

It is usually a page in the Annual Report for stockholders.

So far the 2018 Annual Report (which should have this page) has not been released.

It would have been released several days ago if it had followed previous years' release dates.

This thread was started in 2009. The last post was in 2013. WHY revive it now 6 years later in 2019? It must have been buried waaaaaaaaaaaay back on some distant page of this forum. Sheesh...

6 hours ago, Thrak said:

This thread was started in 2009. The last post was in 2013. WHY revive it now 6 years later in 2019? It must have been buried waaaaaaaaaaaay back on some distant page of this forum. Sheesh...

But at least the current poster asked a relavant question ... and got an accurate response.