Ft. Lauderdale Q&A/FAQ

Bequia

Looking for something to do after our cruise (disembark at POM) before our FLL flight, we have like 6 hours until flight. Any suggestions would be great. Cruiseline does not offer any post excursion that gets us close to FLL or even close to using our time available.

We reserved a rental car at the airport for disembark day because we are staying a couple days after our cruise. Anyone know if there are rental car agencies that will pick you up at port? This would simplify things for us. Thanks.

Doris

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We reserved a rental car at the airport for disembark day because we are staying a couple days after our cruise. Anyone know if there are rental car agencies that will pick you up at port? This would simplify things for us. Thanks. Doris

Not to my knowledge, Doris. tried this a while back and was told by Enterprise, they can't access the port without a fee. If I recall, the Enterprise office is close by though, Definitely not walkable (nothing is) but not a $30 cab ride either.

Not to my knowledge, Doris. tried this a while back and was told by Enterprise, they can't access the port without a fee. If I recall, the Enterprise office is close by though, Definitely not walkable (nothing is) but not a $30 cab ride either.

Thanks for the prompt reply. That is what I thought. Probably best just to keep the reservation we have at the airport. We got a good price from Avis with DH's Wizard card. I think it is a corporate rate, as he uses the card for business as well. $120 for two days for Impala or similar. it would cost more to change to Enterprise. Just thought if we could avoid the mad rush to the airport, with eight ships in port, it would be worth checking out.

Doris

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't use public transportation but you can go from 17th St to Sawgrass Mills. You will take the 40 bus east from the south side of SE 17th St for about 4 miles, and get off at Galleria Mall. Then take the 36 bus from the north side of Sunrise Blvd going west about 15 miles to Sawgrass Mills Mall. It costs $4 for adults or $3 for seniors for an all-day pass, which you can purchase when you board. I would guess that it will take about 1-2 hours to get to the mall from the starting point.

the 36 bus from outside CVS (opposite Galleria Mall) took 1hr 20mins to do the trip to Sawgrass Mills. You are dropped to the door. Cost was $3 for all day pass (senior rate was given by the driver :eek:).

the return journey took the same time. The bus was overfull during both journeys and was a bit uncomfortable at times. Most times Dw and myself were the only 'tourists' on the bus.;)

http://www.sawgrassmillsmallshuttles.com/

This is for those of you who are staying by the beach without a car and want to do some serious outlet shopping. $25 pp round trip.

i tried this last week in FLL and the phone number was 'disconnected or unobtainable'. Our hotel said they had the same experience the previous week. Went to the Mall by 36 bus. In the Mall was a 'pop-up' with the shuttle booking office. there was a totally uninterested young man on the stand. He said his bosses phone wasn't working and if I wanted to use the shuttle I could book it with him. I said......I am here already, why would I want to book the shuttle??? I don't think it will last too long.

Would anyone know the closest Target to Embassy Suites on SE 17th St and can we get to it by trolley, water taxi or walking??? Any help really appreciated. :)

Wendy and Dave,

No Target close to the ES on 17th St. The nearest one is at 3200 N. Federal Highway (US-1), 6.4 miles north of you. You could bet there by bus up Federal Highway or taxi. No trolley or water taxi and quite a walk. You can see the details if you Google "target store ft lauderdale fl".

See you on the Millennium TA.

-- roy --

Can anyone tell me how much the taxi fare would be from Marriott north Ft Lauderdale to the cruise port. This is the hotel the travel agency booked us into and although we have pier transfer we are thinking of going by taxi.

Thanks for your help.

Mary

Can anyone recommend a reasonably-priced hotel in Ft. Lauderdale that's within walking distance to shopping/restaurants/things to do?

Thanks.

Please give us your travel date(s) and your definition of 'reasonably' priced. Prices vary greatly depending upon the time of the year.

Ft Lauderdale questions

We are staying at the Lago Mar resort pre-cruise.

Where is the good food near there.

Where is the nearest store to pick up some toiletries and soda/water before we sail?

Hoping to get some beach time and maybe take a ride on the water taxi.

I'm assuming we will have to do land taxi to the stores and rest.?

Thanks

Any ideas??

What is the best shuttle service you would recommend going from Fort Lauderdale hotel to the Port of Miami? I found SAS, MJS, QLS all quoting $13-$15 pp. Has anyone used them lately or any other suggestions? Just 2 of us. Thanks a bunch :)

Looks like Royalcruz must be away cruising:D You'll get good answers when she gets back.

You are correct:D she is sailing now and her cruise ends on Sunday.

Getting in fll at 815 am for 4pm leaving on princess. What to do with my time?

You don't really gave any time to fill. By the time you get your luggage, grab a snack, use the restroom, etc, it will be time to head to port. Check in will start about 10:30 or 11am more than likely. You'll be required to be at the ship at least 90 minutes before the ship is to leave.

You don't really gave any time to fill. By the time you get your luggage, grab a snack, use the restroom, etc, it will be time to head to port. Check in will start about 10:30 or 11am more than likely. You'll be required to be at the ship at least 90 minutes before the ship is to leave.

I agree. By the time you have some breakfast, maybe at the airport, get your luggage, get to the port there won't really be that much downtime.

Princess usually doesn't let people actually get on the ship until 12:30 or so, but if you go to the port they will have a waiting room.

Unless you want to spend an hour or so shopping for last minute things (via taxi?), you just aren't going to have enough time to do much. I prefer to get on the ship as soon as possible (in your scenario) and not wait until the last minute--which is not 4, but probably 2:30.

Hi there,

Could anybody tell me, does the Sun Trolley route go near to the cruise port. Would it be possible take it to go to the Fort Lauderdale beach area.

Thanks if you can help

Ian

You would have to get from the cruise terminal to SE 17th St (approximately .25 to 2 miles depending on the terminal) to catch the Suntrolley east to the beach.

Edited by royalcruz

Ft Lauderdale questions

We are staying at the Lago Mar resort pre-cruise.

Where is the good food near there.

Where is the nearest store to pick up some toiletries and soda/water before we sail?

Hoping to get some beach time and maybe take a ride on the water taxi.

I'm assuming we will have to do land taxi to the stores and rest.?

Thanks

You will want to take a taxi to anywhere outside of Lago Mar. The closest store is probably the Walgreens just outside of the port. Some good restaurants that are a very short ride away are 3030, Coconuts, H2O, Market 17, Grill 66, and Casablanca Cafe. Some people like Oasis for a very casual meal. Bahia Cabana is fun but the food quality is not high. The nearest water taxi stop is between Bahia Cabana and Bahia Mar.

Would anyone know the closest Target to Embassy Suites on SE 17th St and can we get to it by trolley, water taxi or walking??? Any help really appreciated. :)

The closest Target to ES is on North Federal Hwy at Oakland Park Blvd. You can get there by trolley mon, wed, & friday during limited hours, if you take the trolley from ES to Galleria Mall then transfer to the Galt Mile route. Otherwise, you would need a taxi and it might cost $30 each way (it's about 7 miles).

Edited by royalcruz

Looking for something to do after our cruise (disembark at POM) before our FLL flight, we have like 6 hours until flight. Any suggestions would be great. Cruiseline does not offer any post excursion that gets us close to FLL or even close to using our time available.

In Fort Lauderdale: beach, Galleria Mall, water taxi, Las Olas shopping/dining.