Pinnacle Grill Lunch Price Gone Up?

Luvsnorkeling

Huh???

According to the English Oxford Living Dictionary:

semantics

plural noun

1usually treated as singular The branch of linguistics and logic concerned with meaning. The two main areas are logical semantics, concerned with matters such as sense and reference and presupposition and implication, and lexical semantics, concerned with the analysis of word meanings and relations between them.

And from Merriam-Webster Dictionary:

Definition of semantics

1 : the study of meanings:a : the historical and psychological study and the classification of changes in the signification of words or forms viewed as factors in linguistic development

So thank you for the compliment - as a life-long student of the English language, I am thrilled when others recognize that.

Smooth sailing :) :) :)

And I thought life-long students of the English language never used words like "Huh???". Aren't words like that reserved for high-school teenagers? Smooth sailing to you too !

Okay, but we are not 4 star Mariners so don't get a 4 star discount. Anyone know the current price for us "regular" folks? :-)

Four star Mariners are 'regular folks' who happen to have the good fortune to have sailed a good number of days on HAL ships. No need to make it sound derogatory, IMO. Anyone who wishes canmay book as many cruises as they choose What is negative about that?.

I recommend the Pinnacle Grill for lunch over dinner! We did it last cruise and it was fabulous, and not quite as filling as dinner. Dinner just stuffs me, and lunch was much more comfortable. Everything was top notch and the price! You can't beat that price.:D

I agree! We try to get there a couple of times each cruise :)

OP, as others have said, the cost is $10/person. Worth that, and more imho ;)

I have had a few questions for which I haven't found answers yet on the HAL sites (they may be there, but I haven't found them). I've wondered about the lunch deals in the Pinnacle Grill and the dim sum in Tamarind. I'm putting together a sort of primer for family members who haven't been on a cruise before and these options will be attractive to them. I COULD call HAL or just wait until we get aboard and ask there, of course. I am not an insider here...just someone who likes to get reports and reviews from others with more relevant knowledge and experience. As a destination "expert" on Trip Advisor, I am certainly aware of how experiences can vary and influence reviews.

In the end, we are all responsible for our own research and decisions. Whatever we find when we get aboard will be what it is. I'm sure all three generations of us will figure it out and have a great time.

I have had a few questions for which I haven't found answers yet on the HAL sites (they may be there, but I haven't found them). I've wondered about the lunch deals in the Pinnacle Grill and the dim sum in Tamarind. I'm putting together a sort of primer for family members who haven't been on a cruise before and these options will be attractive to them. I COULD call HAL or just wait until we get aboard and ask there, of course. I am not an insider here...just someone who likes to get reports and reviews from others with more relevant knowledge and experience. As a destination "expert" on Trip Advisor, I am certainly aware of how experiences can vary and influence reviews.

In the end, we are all responsible for our own research and decisions. Whatever we find when we get aboard will be what it is. I'm sure all three generations of us will figure it out and have a great time.

What questions have you had that you can't get answered? We might be able to help.

Will someone please post the current lunch menu? Does it change daily? And, if you can't pre-book, can you book out for the week when you get on the ship?

Thanks in advance!

Menu is the same every day for lunch. You can indeed book for the week when you embark by stopping by the PG. Here is the lunch menu:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Pinnacle-Grill16.pdf

Menu is the same every day for lunch. You can indeed book for the week when you embark by stopping by the PG. Here is the lunch menu:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Pinnacle-Grill16.pdf

Thank you for posting the menu. I was able to save it to iBooks so I can refer to it next time we are on a cruise.

To avian777, it is rather extreme, don't you think, to suggest that a difference of $10 to $20 for one meal in the Pinnacle Grill would be the determining factor in whether or not to book a cruise. I never said that or even implied it. FYI, the cruise was already booked before I ever asked the question about the Pinnacle Grill.

To sail7seas, if you thought i was making a derogatory statement about 4 star mariners, I'm not sure what gave you that idea. I certainly was not. If anything, I was reflecting somewhat negatively on folks like myself who have not yet earned that status and thus the discount. Honestly, the entire world has gotten so "politically correct" that the simplest statements are interpreted as offensive. As far as your claim that anyone can book as many cruises as they want, there is the small matter of having sufficient finances to do so. Unfortunately, not everyone is yet at that point.

To everyone who simply answered my question--THANK YOU!!! I got the information I needed.

To everyone who simply answered my question--THANK YOU!!! I got the information I needed.

And, THANK YOU for coming back with a post filled with such grace! It's people like YOU who make this a wonderful site.

• 7 months later...
Has anyone recently had lunch at the Pinnacle Grille? According to this article, the price is $15 on the Konigsdam.

https://hideousjourneys.com/2016/12/28/holland-america-line-ms-koningsdam-ship-tour/

It wouldn't surprise me if the price has gone up. The price of dinner in the Pinnacle and Tamarind went up some time ago.

Has anyone recently had lunch at the Pinnacle Grille? According to this article, the price is $15 on the Konigsdam.

https://hideousjourneys.com/2016/12/28/holland-america-line-ms-koningsdam-ship-tour/

That article is from December, 2016. I haven't sailed on the Koningsdam but lunch on the Rotterdam in 2017 was still $10 as others have reported here.

Haven't heard anyone report of an increase in price - at least, not yet. ;)

If the price of lunch in the PG is the deciding factor on whether or not you book a cruise, I suggest you call HAL directly and ask. The Posters here on CC are generally well-intentioned, helpful folks, BUT often their information is outdated or (horrors!) just plain wrong. So I suggest you contact HAL for any "go-no-go" information on a specific cruise.

Smooth sailing :ship: :ship: :ship:

If you talk to 3 different HAL folks (by calling) you are likely to get 3 different answers! The information you get here on CC is usually a lot more informative and accurate then what you get from the cruise lines. What makes CC work well is if somebody does post incorrect info...others will quickly post a correction.

Hank

Is lunch in the Pinnacle Grill served only on sea days?

Not exactly. It is served on many (not all) sea days because sometimes it might be reserved for a special luncheon (sometimes hosted by the Captain). There are also a few times when its actually open for lunch while in port (we took advantage of this during our last cruise on the Rotterdam). My suggestion is that during the early part of your cruise stop by the Pinnacle (at your convenience) and simply inquire as to when it will be open for lunch (they will have the schedule). You might wonder why they would open on a port day...and we did ask this question. On a couple of our ports, they hosted a few local VIPs for lunch. When this happened they decided to open the restaurant for everyone.

Hank