Good News for CCL Stockholders

richwmn

Carnival Corporation CUK, +0.66% said Thursday that it is increasing its dividend by 17% to $0.35 a share.

read the full story here

Great news - thanks for posting! Best investment I ever made was 100 shares of CCL stock given the nice dividends, on board credits and price appreciation.

Great news - thanks for posting! Best investment I ever made was 100 shares of CCL stock given the nice dividends, on board credits and price appreciation.

Terrific!!..

Like Dave, It's the best individual stock investment I've ever made too.. Only wish I had bought more than 100 shares..

Thanks Rich for the good news..

It has been a very good investment for me as well. Between dividends and OBC I have recovered around 2/3 of what I paid for the stock, and I bought at a high point in '08.

I've only been a shareholder for two years, but I've been very happy. On an Oosterdam sailing this month, it was the first time I heard the Future Cruise Consultant" mention the CC for Carnival Shareholders in her presentation to the Pax on board. I mention it to everyone I talk to on board.

Glad to hear but its dividend payout ratio is still nothing to brag about, its currently 2.33% and will increase now to around 2.75%. Of all my dividend paying stocks it is by far the lowest....however owning the stock for its OBC is a huge benefit. We have received enough in OBC to actually pay for the stock.

Glad to hear but its dividend payout ratio is still nothing to brag about, its currently 2.33% and will increase now to around 2.75%. Of all my dividend paying stocks it is by far the lowest....however owning the stock for its OBC is a huge benefit. We have received enough in OBC to actually pay for the stock.

CCLs payout ratio is >48%. You must mean the dividend yield, which is still better than any bank is paying on savings.

CCLs payout ratio is >48%. You must mean the dividend yield, which is still better than any bank is paying on savings.

Of course it is but way less than companies like AT&T, Verizon, Chevron, Exxon, Duke Energy.............

Be careful comparing dividend yields to bank yields, the bank yields include FDIC insurance which guarantees your return of principal.

Of course it is but way less than companies like AT&T, Verizon, Chevron, Exxon, Duke Energy.............

Be careful comparing dividend yields to bank yields, the bank yields include FDIC insurance which guarantees your return of principal.

Yes, less risk = less reward in terms of comparing stock and bank yields.

Unsaid here though is that Chevron is paying a (currently) unsustainable dividend payout ratio of nearly 175% and the others, except for Verizon, are at or near 80% payout ratio. Not good numbers for those who look for "dividend aristocrats".

Yes, less risk = less reward in terms of comparing stock and bank yields.

Unsaid here though is that Chevron is paying a (currently) unsustainable dividend payout ratio of nearly 175% and the others, except for Verizon, are at or near 80% payout ratio. Not good numbers for those who look for "dividend aristocrats".

Agreed on Chevron but the others have always paid fairly high yields. None of those mentioned are expecting a dividend cut other than possibly Chevron (but even that one is not certain, they do have $11 billion in cash and $35 billion in short term assets.)

It has been a very good investment for me as well. Between dividends and OBC I have recovered around 2/3 of what I paid for the stock, and I bought at a high point in '08.

Just on OBC (i.e. $7225) alone I've gotten back 177% of what I paid (i.e. $4086) for my 100 shares of the stock. And I have future cruises booked that will give me $450 more dollars of OBC. It is a great investment.

What is the required amount of shares/dollar investment, and once a shareholder, how is OBC determined? Thanks,

100 shares minimum.

You then fax proof of stock ownership to HAL a few weeks prior to your sailing.

What is the required amount of shares/dollar investment, and once a shareholder, how is OBC determined? Thanks,

OBC is determined by length of cruise and continent the line operates in. Eg you get $ on HAL, £ on P&O, € on Costa, etc.

100 shares minimum.

You then fax proof of stock ownership to HAL a few weeks prior to your sailing.

Since stock certificates are a thing of the past and if you use an online brokerage what type of "proof of ownership" do you need to show / fax?

Thanks!

Since stock certificates are a thing of the past and if you use an online brokerage what type of "proof of ownership" do you need to show / fax?

Thanks!

I use a copy of my monthly stock statement. I just send in the stocks section that shows CCL holding. Black out your stock account number and SS number if shown, before sending.

Thanks!

My buddy uses Trade King and he claims that TK does not issue monthly statements. However they do. He is not particularly savvy about brokerage issues and has missed where to access these online.

My point: Look carefully on the brokerage site, whichever one you use, as there will be everything you need for claiming the Shareholder Benefit.