Current Status of Coke Freestyle Machines on the Royal Caribbean fleet.

BillOh

That raises a question with me since this will be our first RCI cruise after having soda packages on a couple other lines. So these cups have some sort of time limit as to how often you can get refills? What is the time limit, if someone knows? I'm thinking I might want to fill my insulated bottle (using more than one refill) to take off the boat. Or could you just 'activate' the machine with your glass and stick another container under the spout once it works?

Between 10 and 15 minutes. The cup must stay under the machine in order for it to remain activated.

Interesting, had not heard this before.

Me either, For what its worth it did come directly from a CD and I know he was on Liberty years ago. He did say he had heard second hand about pulling the machines being pulled quoting some executive as saying "tens of thousands of dollars of a damage for 1 coke machine?" But he indicated the damage on Liberty first hand.

Me either, For what its worth it did come directly from a CD and I know he was on Liberty years ago. He did say he had heard second hand about pulling the machines being pulled quoting some executive as saying "tens of thousands of dollars of a damage for 1 coke machine?" But he indicated the damage on Liberty first hand.

I would hope a decision like that would not be made based on one issue in several years. It has to be cheaper to maintain Freestyle machines than have bartenders pouring soda.

Greetings from a drizzly-but-better-than-working day aboard the Anthem of the Seas. I’ve located five (5) freestyle machines in four (4) locations. One on either side of the Windjammer on Deck 14 (Aft), one in the Seaplex on Deck 15 (Aft), and two in Sorrento’s on Deck 4 (Fwd).

Photographic evidence below. [emoji6]

e80672736fad50eccde49fb118bc00f1.jpg

Brooke sent this from her iPhone using Tapatalk

Greetings from a drizzly-but-better-than-working day aboard the Anthem of the Seas. I’ve located five (5) freestyle machines in four (4) locations. One on either side of the Windjammer on Deck 14 (Aft), one in the Seaplex on Deck 15 (Aft), and two in Sorrento’s on Deck 4 (Fwd).

Photographic evidence below. [emoji6]

e80672736fad50eccde49fb118bc00f1.jpg

Brooke sent this from her iPhone using Tapatalk

Now that is an update, I'll add it to the list and republish Monday.

I would hope a decision like that would not be made based on one issue in several years. It has to be cheaper to maintain Freestyle machines than have bartenders pouring soda.

Me too, I would think a water leak could happen anywhere. Those machines just take a standard drinking water line I believe.

The last I heard Navigator does not have any freestyle machines, but I will be sailing on her starting Sunday and will confirm. I was spoiled by the freestyle machines on Enchantment a few years ago.

There are no freestyle machines on Navigator. There were soda machines next to the ice cream machines in the Windjammer. but they were never functional.

Quantum Class

Quantum of the seas - Seeking input – Same as Ovation?

Ovation -5 total 2 in Windjammer, 1 in Seaplex and 2 inSorrentos – Credit snoozer of the seas 1/’18

Anthem -6 total 2 in Windjammer, 1 in Seaplex and 2 in Sorrentos – See post #80 courtesy brklyn78

Timf2001 notice 1 in Fuel Teen Disco.

Oasis Class –

Oasis - 7 machines total

4 in the Windjammer, 2 on the promenade near Sorentos, and one in the arcade.

This was verified by multiple sources

Allure - 8 machines total

4 in the Windjammer (2 each side) , 2 on the promenade nearSorentos, and one in the Aracade also there is one in the Wipeout Café?

Harmony -8 total

4 in the Windjammer (2 each side) , 2 on the promenade near Sorentos, and one in the arcade.

- 1 in the minibites –courtesy of racerxpeedy

Symphony

I assume it will be the same as Harmony – watch for updates thissummer

Freedom class –

Freedom - 6 machines total. 4 in the Windjammer, towards theback, 2 on each side. 2 on thepromenade near Sorrento’s. This is from my memory in May of 2015

Liberty - NONE

Independence –NONE

Voyager class –

Voyager – None

Explorer – Yes per Lifesaver1984– Same as Adventure

Adventure - 4 total, 2 in Windjammer, 1 on each side, and 2 on the promenade

This is from my May 2017 memory,feel free to correct or verify

Navigator – None as of May 2015

Mariner – Seeking input

Radiance Class

Radiance – None

Jewel 4 in Windjammer, all theway back, 2 on each side. (Sneak in back door if WJ closed) This is from my 2014 memory, but will verify this May

Brilliance – None

Serenade - None

Vision Class

Vision - seeking input

Enchantment – 3 total, 2 in the Windjammer port side and 1 in the Centrum -credit Ourusualbeach Jan ‘18

Grander – Yes, – 3 total, 2 in the Windjammer port side and 1 in theCentrum -credit snorkelaway Jan ‘18

Rhapsody - Yes, per 2 inWindjammer and one in the deck 6 Atruim per jmh2006

Majesty – 2 machines total, 1 on each side above the Windjammer in the area of Sorrentos

Empress - None

I'm having mixed feelings on the Freestyle machines. I love the concept, but from what I've seen on Enchantment last summer, the machines must need a lot of attention as the crew didn't seem to be able to keep up with them. The single Freestyle (I think deck 6, but I could be mistaken) was often empty and often one of the two just outside Windjammer, and sometimes both, weren't operational. Is this pretty typical across the fleet, or just an aberration?

I'm having mixed feelings on the Freestyle machines. I love the concept, but from what I've seen on Enchantment last summer, the machines must need a lot of attention as the crew didn't seem to be able to keep up with them. The single Freestyle (I think deck 6, but I could be mistaken) was often empty and often one of the two just outside Windjammer, and sometimes both, weren't operational. Is this pretty typical across the fleet, or just an aberration?

This is an excellent question and certainly open for debate. I asked this very question early on after my first experience which was Allure in May of 2013. That week it was terrible! I wish I would have taken pictures of all the broken machines and problems. However the people the weeks before and after said all was fine, so that suggests aberration, at least for Allure back then. My next experience was Jewel in 2014. The machines were operational, but only two located in the Windjammer and when the WJ was closed, the crew turned off these machines.

On my Freedom cruise in 2015, everything was perfect. Great number of Machines and they were all working. 2016 Oasis and Majesty, no problem! 2017 - Adventure, One machine couldn't dispense diet drinks all 7 days, but otherwise ok., Majesty in 2017, one of 2 machines broke all 3 days of shortened cruise post hurricane Irma.

I think I remember a free style machine in the arcade on the Freedom. Can anyone confirm?

Yes, there is definitely one in the arcade on Freedom. We used it just before walking into Johnny Rockets and even ran out for a refill during our meal.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes, there is definitely one in the arcade on Freedom. We used it just before walking into Johnny Rockets and even ran out for a refill during our meal.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

A couple of people mentioned it, but I just forgot to add it, I never go in to the arcade. I've added it to the list for the next update.

On Grandeur - as best I recall from Feb 2017 - there were two machines in entrance to Windjammer on one side (cannot remember which side) and one machine on deck six between photo gallery and cafe latte-tudes.

Sorry to disagree, but I just got off Grandeur and was pleasantly surprised to find 2 on EACH side of the Windjammer, plus the one on deck 6 in the Centrum between photo gallery and Cafe Lattetudes. That's a total of 5 machines.

Unfortunately the one on deck 6 was not completely reliable. It alternated between normal operation and just spitting out a small amount at a time. Once a staffer was there adding ice in the top, but neither he or I could get ice to dispense in the cup.

Between 10 and 15 minutes. The cup must stay under the machine in order for it to remain activated.

The aforementioned machine that would spit out small amounts of liquid at a time would let me do that 3-4 times before imposing a wait until the next refill. However the wait was only about 20 seconds.

On Allure last week, none of the Coke Zero worked in any of the machines I tried. I tried two in the Windjammer and next to Sorrentos. It almost worked once at Sorrentos, but then after a few seconds, it said not available.

I didn't try the Arcade or the other end, if there is a set of machines there in the WJ. None of the bars had Coke Zero.

On Allure last week, none of the Coke Zero worked in any of the machines I tried. I tried two in the Windjammer and next to Sorrentos. It almost worked once at Sorrentos, but then after a few seconds, it said not available.

I didn't try the Arcade or the other end, if there is a set of machines there in the WJ. None of the bars had Coke Zero.

I'm a Coke Zero lover and one reason I like these machines. However, one of their downfalls is, that if you get a drink and it tries then says unavailable, you are locked out of getting any drink at another machine for 15 minutes.

Bill, the new app that works for Oasis, Allure, Serenade and now Enchantment shows the locations of the freestyle machines on the deck plans.

Oasis is correct it is showing one in the arcade however on the Allure it is showing one in the wipeout cafe and does not show one in the arcade for a total of 7 machines which is what I remember.

Quantum has them similar to her sister ships.

None on Mariner but since its being refurbished later this year, that could change.

That will be worth watching, something for me to do in the next 600 days.

So some people say there's a 10 minute wait, some a 15 minute wait, some a 20 second wait. Which to believe...? Not a fan of any sort of wait, given that other lines would top off my insulated bottle that took 2 cans to fill it. I liked the idea of self-serve machines at first, but these time limits will have me just sticking to the bars for refills instead if I find them to be true when finally on board.

So some people say there's a 10 minute wait, some a 15 minute wait, some a 20 second wait. Which to believe...? Not a fan of any sort of wait, given that other lines would top off my insulated bottle that took 2 cans to fill it. I liked the idea of self-serve machines at first, but these time limits will have me just sticking to the bars for refills instead if I find them to be true when finally on board.

You have to define which wait. If you fill a certain amount and stop for a few seconds it will let you add another flavor on that same machine right away with no wait. If you want some longer time (feel free to test this) then it will assume you finished and you can't have a new drink for 15 minutes.

Where I got bit by this, I was in the Windjammer on Freedom. My wife wanted the Minute Maid light Lemonade. She didn't want anything else. I started to fill her cup, I would say not more than a 1/2 of one ounce was dispensed before it ran out. I could have put any other flavor in it. IT SAID MAKE ANOTHER SELECTION. There was another machine less than 3 ft away that had what she wanted, but that one knew I had used the other machine, so it told me I had to wait 15 minutes. Another thing that might confuse the situation, if someone got a drink, waited 5 minutes and tried to get another, it would tell you to wait 5 minutes.

A story I'm fond of telling, this guy walked up to the single machine in the Wipeout on Allure just ahead of me and put up his cup. It told him, he had to wait 2 minutes. I saw that, thought he would step aside and let me go, but he waited 10 seconds, tried again, and he did this repeatedly for 2 minutes until it let him fill up. I usually mention the guy was wearing a University of Michigan shirt, but that is probably not relevant.

• 1 month later...

Just a minor bump to the thread. Hoping refurbishments of upcoming ships may add to the machines. I can't think of any ship that didn't have them last year having them now. I'll do an update on Jewel here soon.