No longer required to prepay excursions

Near PDX

I copied this from our 2017 Alaska excursion listing:

UPDATE TO SHORE EXCURSION PAYMENT POLICY FOR YOUR VOYAGE

Please be advised that we have updated our policies and pre-payment is no longer required for shore excursions. You may now make shore excursion reservations and pay when you settle your onboard folio. If you have already pre-paid your shore excursions and you are happy with your booking, there is no need to do anything at this time. If you would prefer to pay for an existing tour reservation onboard, please cancel your existing reservation, wait 24 hours for the refund to process, and then re-book your shore excursion reservation. Refunds will be issued to the credit card used to pay, and will take approximately 4 to 10 business days. If the price of the tour has gone up since your original booking, or it is currently sold out, please contact us at 1-800-774-6237.

By clicking Continue you acknowledge you have received the above notification.

Continue

We're doing 2 different AK cruises next year, 1 in May & 1 in Sept and they each had that notification. We're also taking the Grand to HI in November but those excursions aren't available yet to see what Princess says at that time.

Wow! That's great news & hopefully it's a fleetwide return to their original policy...which ship?

Last summer Princess tested requiring tour pre-payment on one ship (Grand) in Alaska so hopefully this isn't another one ship test to compare bookings with & without requiring pre-payment. Hopefully that's not the situation but until hearing the same change on other ships & itineraries we still don't know if it's a fleetwide change or not.

I'm optimistic that no pre-payment will be required for advance booking of tours & that Princess has decided in this situation to again be a leader in customer service. :)

I'm still 18 months out so I wasn't really expecting them to be there (although it would be a good use of my time to book them, as I'm sitting at o'hare airport for the next three hours). But that's great news!! One of my Norway excursions will only be available from the ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We just booked an excursion for our February 7th Hawaii cruise and they had the option of prepayment or pay later. Works for us. [emoji3][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by LarryL

On the two Alaska cruises we have for next summer there were very few pre-reserved spots showing on the excursions with the requirement to pre-pay.

So with this change I reserved the two we wanted. That will use our non-refundable SBC! Hope they stay the course for this fleet wide.

I copied this from our 2017 Alaska excursion listing:

UPDATE TO SHORE EXCURSION PAYMENT POLICY FOR YOUR VOYAGE

Please be advised that we have updated our policies and pre-payment is no longer required for shore excursions. You may now make shore excursion reservations and pay when you settle your onboard folio. If you have already pre-paid your shore excursions and you are happy with your booking, there is no need to do anything at this time. If you would prefer to pay for an existing tour reservation onboard, please cancel your existing reservation, wait 24 hours for the refund to process, and then re-book your shore excursion reservation. Refunds will be issued to the credit card used to pay, and will take approximately 4 to 10 business days. If the price of the tour has gone up since your original booking, or it is currently sold out, please contact us at 1-800-774-6237.

By clicking Continue you acknowledge you have received the above notification.

Continue

This policy has been in place for awhile, no? I never pre-pay shore excursions.

You?

What would I do without these boards?! I have already reserved an excursion we desperately wanted to do, so I'll let that stand. But now I can reserve two others I was looking at, giving me a little extra time to research them. Thank you for posting!

Edited by CATGUY7
Grammar

This policy has been in place for awhile, no? I never pre-pay shore excursions.

You?

They changed it beginning with "summer 2017". Hopefully this means they have decided they got too many complaints and won't be instituting the must prepay. I like using my OBC and would not be able to do that if I had to wait til I was onboard.

I just went to Princess.com and found this in the FAQ:

Onboard credit will not be accepted for pre-reservations, however, it can be used once onboard to off-set payment for additional excursions purchased onboard.

I hope they really are changing back the policy.

Edited by dickinson