Roll Call: Silver Spirit, Lisbon-Bridgetown, 23 October 2010

ging466

I certainly am...I've got 12 days till I leave Sydney and I'm counting them down.

Is there anyone else lurking in cyberspace that would like to join this happy group of CCers?:)

Cheers

Jennifer

Wish you a wonderful time on SS ships, and yes I plan to drink a lot on my holiday aboard the Spirit, maybe the concierge will help me get back to my cabin.

Thank you jgibbs, for your helpful response. I have sailed across the Pacific from Mexico to the Hawaii where we had 20 to 25 foot swells for four days in December. I was hoping it wouldn't be anything like that.
Not impossible, but very unlikely. We have never had that much transatlantic: 10-12 feet is the most we have experienced there -- so far!

On our Spirit maiden crossing this January we experienced 30-35 ft swells with 55-65 mpg winds (Force 10) sailing a few hours out of Lisbon enroute to Funchal (we missed this port). Spirit handled verywell in these conditions....believe like JGibbs intimates above--these were unusual sea conditions for a TA, but this TA was in Jan vs late fall.

...this January we experienced 30-35 ft swells with 55-65 mpg winds (Force 10) sailing a few hours out of Lisbon enroute to Funchal (we missed this port)...--these were unusual sea conditions for a TA, but this TA was in Jan vs late fall.
At the risk of adding too much detail, you were then in relatively shallow waters as opposed to the much deeper ones further west.

City

Timing

Services

Casablanca

07h30

Transfer from the Port to Casablanca CMN airport / 35 kms.

08h45

Arrival Casablanca airport, check in.

Clients must ask the counter staff for their RETUN BOARDING CARD

09h50

Flight from Casablanca to Marrakech AT402

Marrakech

10h30

Arrival Marrakech, Guide and car will meet the guest outside the customs zone with Name Sign.

Transfer to Marrakech for the city visit

Marrakech

From

11h00

Majorelle gardens,Medina, Mederssa Ben Youssef, Museum of Marrakech, Koubba des Almoravides,

FREE

13h00 – 14h00

Time for Lunch (Excluded) / Guide will suggest the best restaurants

Marrakech

14h15

Complete the visit of Marrakech

Koutoubia, Bahia Palace, Mellah, Souks, Djamma El Fna Square

Marrakech

17h30

Transfer to Marrakech airport for departure to Casablanca

18h50

Flight from Marrakech to Casablanca airport AT412

Casablanca

19h40

Arrival Casablanca airport and transfer to the Ship / 35 kms.

20h40

Arrival Port of Casablanca & board the ship

PRICE

$1,980 for two persons

INCLUDING

Transportation in Casablanca and in Marrakech, English speaking National Guide in Marrakech, Entrance fees and taxes (as per the above itinerary)

EXCLUDING

Meals, Drinks, Gratuities

Clients must disembark from the ship no later than 07.30 hrs.

- The trip from the port to the airport is 35 kms and it takes 1hr&15 min (depend on the traffic).

- They must get their both boarding cards (departure and return) from Royal Air Maroc counter.

- The Guide will be holding their name sign just outside the customs.

- The Guide will suggest different restaurants (Moroccan, French, Italian….).

- Please inform the guests to have : Sunglasses, Hats, walking shoes.

- All subject to confirmation and the flights availability.

City

Timing

Services

Casablanca

07h30

Transfer from the Port to Casablanca CMN airport / 35 kms.

08h45

Arrival Casablanca airport, check in.

Clients must ask the counter staff for their RETUN BOARDING CARD

09h50

Flight from Casablanca to Marrakech AT402

Marrakech

10h30

Arrival Marrakech, Guide and car will meet the guest outside the customs zone with Name Sign.

Transfer to Marrakech for the city visit

Marrakech

From

11h00

Majorelle gardens,Medina, Mederssa Ben Youssef, Museum of Marrakech, Koubba des Almoravides,

FREE

13h00 – 14h00

Time for Lunch (Excluded) / Guide will suggest the best restaurants

Marrakech

14h15

Complete the visit of Marrakech

Koutoubia, Bahia Palace, Mellah, Souks, Djamma El Fna Square

Marrakech

17h30

Transfer to Marrakech airport for departure to Casablanca

18h50

Flight from Marrakech to Casablanca airport AT412

Casablanca

19h40

Arrival Casablanca airport and transfer to the Ship / 35 kms.

20h40

Arrival Port of Casablanca & board the ship

PRICE

$1,980 for two persons

INCLUDING

Transportation in Casablanca and in Marrakech, English speaking National Guide in Marrakech, Entrance fees and taxes (as per the above itinerary)

EXCLUDING

Meals, Drinks, Gratuities

Clients must disembark from the ship no later than 07.30 hrs.

- The trip from the port to the airport is 35 kms and it takes 1hr&15 min (depend on the traffic).

- They must get their both boarding cards (departure and return) from Royal Air Maroc counter.

- The Guide will be holding their name sign just outside the customs.

- The Guide will suggest different restaurants (Moroccan, French, Italian….).

- Please inform the guests to have : Sunglasses, Hats, walking shoes.

- All subject to confirmation and the flights availability.

Other than avoiding the 3 hour bus ride each way, I'm not sure that this shore excursion gives you much more time in Marrakech. It will, however, give you a better view from the air.

We will stick with the bus tour.

Thank you for the efforts and time spent.

I did some checking on Air Morocco and costs did not warrant a rushed visit to Marakesh. We will have to do this very interesting place on another trip to the area

DEAN

Here's the current list of passengers who have contacted me for our meet & greet.

Cruise Critic Name

ging466 x1

Cechase x1

Emtbsam x2

MaryB1 x2

Palamoh x2

Sailmaker x2

oceanwave001 x2

SeaEyre x2

DGF x2

Jgibbs x2

irishteddybear x2?

Zqtchas x2

Sloopjohnb x2

Philipb x1

Sistahyaya x2

Noggins x2

Kathyjoy x1

I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone:)

Cheers

Jennifer

Thanks Jennifer.

See you two weeks from today at the Marriott!

Jennifer

Save us a couple of seats at the Marriott Bar. We will be arriving late from London Heathrow (around 7:00 PM)

Looking forward to meeting everyone!!

I know that you are busy getting packed for your very long almost globe encircling trip, so wanted to wish you a good and safe trip.

I noted on another thread that this is your 2nd., third, and fourth cruise on SS - are you trying to catch up with me?

See you on the 22nd.

SS has now confirmed that our meet & greet morning tea will be held in Stars Supper Club. This is really good because it means that we can have the venue to ourselves.

My plan is that we will all receive invitations to the meet & greet but u know what they say "the best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry":), so just remember Sunday 24 November, 1030 in Stars!

Cheers

Jennifer

I know that you are busy getting packed for your very long almost globe encircling trip, so wanted to wish you a good and safe trip. I noted on another thread that this is your 2nd., third, and fourth cruise on SS - are you trying to catch up with me? See you on the 22nd.

Thankx Charlie. U have a safe trip too. I have been packed for several weeks now:D so it's just the last minute things on Monday evening.

If all my flights go to schedule, I'll make it to Lisbon in 35 hours:eek:

I'll leave a message for u at reception on the Friday and hopefully we can get a taxi to the Marriott.

Cheers

Jennifer

At the risk of adding too much detail, you were then in relatively shallow waters as opposed to the much deeper ones further west.
I may well be wrong. I read somewhere that storms at shallow waters are worse than those in deep waters?

On the subject of excursions on St Lucia, I'm considering trying to rent a car (or take a taxi) to Fond Gens Libre so I can climb Gros Piton. Would anyone be interested in joining me? Although there is a path the whole way up and the trip must be accompanied by an authorised guide, it is a demanding outing. The climb is around 2500 ft. up a (in places very) steep, rocky path through the humid rainforest in tropical heat. Anyone who is not very fit would find the climb too challenging, I should think. Actually, if climbing boots are not on your cruise packing list, maybe this is not your thing.

If I have failed to make the idea sound sufficiently awful, let me know.

sloopjohnb

On the subject of excursions on St Lucia, I'm considering trying to rent a car (or take a taxi) to Fond Gens Libre so I can climb Gros Piton. Would anyone be interested in joining me? Although there is a path the whole way up and the trip must be accompanied by an authorised guide, it is a demanding outing. The climb is around 2500 ft. up a (in places very) steep, rocky path through the humid rainforest in tropical heat. Anyone who is not very fit would find the climb too challenging, I should think. Actually, if climbing boots are not on your cruise packing list, maybe this is not your thing.

If I have failed to make the idea sound sufficiently awful, let me know.

sloopjohnb

I will wave to you from the helocopter! [grin]

On the subject of excursions on St Lucia, I'm considering trying to rent a car (or take a taxi) to Fond Gens Libre so I can climb Gros Piton. Would anyone be interested in joining me? Although there is a path the whole way up and the trip must be accompanied by an authorised guide, it is a demanding outing. The climb is around 2500 ft. up a (in places very) steep, rocky path through the humid rainforest in tropical heat. Anyone who is not very fit would find the climb too challenging, I should think. Actually, if climbing boots are not on your cruise packing list, maybe this is not your thing. If I have failed to make the idea sound sufficiently awful, let me know. sloopjohnb

sloopjohnb

I was puffing whilst reading your post:eek:.

Sorry to say - I'm with Charlie...waving to u from the helicopter.:D

Cheers

Jennifer

SS has now confirmed that our meet & greet morning tea will be held in Stars Supper Club. This is really good because it means that we can have the venue to ourselves.

My plan is that we will all receive invitations to the meet & greet but u know what they say "the best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry":), so just remember Sunday 24 November, 1030 in Stars!

Cheers

Jennifer

Jennifer if I can be bold enough to speak on behalf of all of us, I would like to say a very BIG Thank you very much, for all the work and planning you have done for our meet and greet.

Wishing you safe flights.

See you on the 22nd.

Cheers

Jennifer

Jennifer, please note typo- October rather than November

Thanks for the great work on the two Meet & Greets

DEAN

Archived